Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinning, spinning like a Ferriswheel. We see his life out of control and one of these days the Ferriswheel will come to an abrupt halt and he will be thrown off. LE will be waiting at the bottom.

I wonder if BM sees his life like that or if he thinks he is the operator of the Ferriswheel. Perhaps he thinks he is still in control and no one will ever catch him. His arrogance may be his downfall and he will make a mistake and that is what finally causes his capture.

Justice for Suzanne.

Great post about the Spinning Wheel analogy.:)
We will be here, when BM hits the ground.:)
However, this wheel has been spinning for some time, and surely will stop due to 'lack of concentration', as getting tired, on BM's part.

Yep...and your arrest may come at 3 p.m. while you are driving down the street, or it may come at 3 a.m. when you are sound asleep in your bed. You won't know until it happens. In the meantime, keep looking over your shoulder.

BM's neck is getting very sore, due to the constant 'looking over shoulder' movement.
Bet his abdomen also hurts, due to the stress continually.
But, he will not give up, as he thinks he is so strong.:rolleyes:
Just needs more lies, to think up.

If it appears that the case is growing cold... I'm not going to despair, as I think LE will allow BM to feel the pressure is off.
He may even return to where Suzanne is buried, to make sure he is still in control of everything he has done.
His own little 'kingdom'.

LE and many others who have followed Suzanne's case would beg to differ.
JMO.

A few points of disagreement & clarification:

1. While I understand the view held by many that Barry being appointed guardian is somehow unjust, I disagree with the characterization that Barry "wrongfully seized" any assets. He went through a court proceeding created by Indiana's General Assembly. The process was open & anybody could've lodged an objection to Barry's guardianship if they wished to do so.

Some have criticized Indiana Code § 29-3-1-7.5, which defines "incapacitated person" to include -- among other things -- "an individual who...cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry." That may indeed be part of the Indiana Code that should be altered, but -- until it is -- section 29-3-1-7.5 is good law.

2. There's been no evidence of "coercion" on Barry's part against his daughter.

3. Even assuming that Barry "coerced" his daughter, Barry didn't need his daughter to sign anything that showed agreement with the guardianship. Indiana Code § 29-3-6-1(a)(4)(A) requires that notice of the guardianship petition be provided to the incapacitated person's adult children but their assent is not necessary.

4. Likewise, Barry didn't need GM to agree to the guardianship. In fact, GM would only have to be given notice if Suzanne had no adult children, per Indiana Code § 29-3-6-1(a)(4)(A). Even if GM had agreed to Barry's guardianship, it would've meant nothing, as Suzanne has an adult child.

I have no idea why Barry would even ask GM about the guardianship because -- from a legal perspective -- the adult daughter was the proper person to serve with notice, not GM.

5. Barry did not have Suzanne "declared 'incapacitated.'" The court -- after a hearing -- found that Suzanne was incapacitated because Suzanne could not "be located upon reasonable inquiry."
Good summary @lamlawindy. I agree BM clearly followed the guardianship laws available to him but it doesn't mean we have to like it!

We've reached the painful point in this case. News slows down, posts become fewer, rumors will churn furiously in the YouTube realm. Been through this a time or two, we know the routine.

@MassGuy says six months or more, let's hope an arrest is on the short end of his projection.

If it appears that the case is growing cold... I'm not going to despair, as I think LE will allow BM to feel the pressure is off.
He may even return to where Suzanne is buried, to make sure he is still in control of everything he has done.

JMO.
I don’t think it’s cold at all. Just because we don’t see activity, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Imagine if we had never heard from Andy, or any of BM’s employees. We’d think that the case had slowed to a crawl months ago.

No matter what, I’m convinced this is going to be a very complex case. Cell phone evidence, surveillance footage, and countless witnesses will help to paint the picture.

I think BM dug himself a hole when he spoke to law enforcement, and it’s a matter of proving how deep that hole is.

All that takes time.

Wow! What you just said was amazing! And I know if Andy reads your message, he will feel the same. That was so touching! This is my first post as I am new here, although I have been following the case since the beginning. So I too feel as though I know Suzanne and my heart aches for her family, her girls. Every day when I log on, I want nothing more than to see that there has been an arrest. And most of us feel pretty strongly about who that person is. I cant imagine what her family and friends are going through and I pray that the peace of God be upon them. Thank you for listening. MOO

JMO.
I don’t think this case is going cold, it’s just less “noice” around it. Although, I think that open letter praising the Sheriff by SM’s sister was a nice touch and I imagine it applied some added pressure to the one responsible.
I believe all those LE agencies working on this case together will get Justice for Suzanne.

Wow! What you just said was amazing! And I know if Andy reads your message, he will feel the same. That was so touching! This is my first post as I am new here, although I have been following the case since the beginning. So I too feel as though I know Suzanne and my heart aches for her family, her girls. Every day when I log on, I want nothing more than to see that there has been an arrest. And most of us feel pretty strongly about who that person is. I cant imagine what her family and friends are going through and I pray that the peace of God be upon them. Thank you for listening. MOO
Beautiful post! And welcome!

Welcome to Websleuths Saved69, congratulations on your first post.

I don’t think this case is going cold, it’s just less “noice” around it. Although, I think that open letter praising the Sheriff by SM’s sister was a nice touch and I imagine it applied some added pressure to the one responsible.
I believe all those LE agencies working on this case together will get Justice for Suzanne.
Where can I find this letter?

I meant the Morphews should be divulging whom they suspect and why the girls are so frightened they also may be abducted. Andy's sister and Gene M have spoken out but such a lack of participation from BM's clan. It's bewildering.
I don’t think it takes much to understand why their teenager is scared. I personally don’t think it is necessary for family members to put themselves out in media.

Good summary @lamlawindy. I agree BM clearly followed the guardianship laws available to him but it doesn't mean we have to like it!
He may have, if it actually happened, talked to Gene before traumatizing his oldddt daughter even more with the realities of a missing spouse and financial business.

He may have, if it actually happened, talked to Gene before traumatizing his oldddt daughter even more with the realities of a missing spouse and financial business.

When I first heard that BM sought Gene to endorse his petition, I immediately thought that his attorney likely recommended he first take that approach, and if no success, use his daughter as last resort. Sure would have helped BM's optics but I'm glad Gene refused.

I can’t imagine any legal standing or rights my parents would have in regards to me as an adult, especially if I didn’t put it in writing. I love my parents dearly but that whole Guardianship thing with SM’s dad confuses me. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa