GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

It's no stereotype that murderers are very often cruel to animals before they move on to human beings.

However, if you think that I am suggesting animal cruelty is acceptable behavior in small town Arkansas when I say a Sheriff would probably not describe a child who did it 15 or more years ago as having a "history of violence" then I'm sorry. I thought I was being clearer than that.
I think the sheriff could have said he had no history of violence to people but has abused animals. He should have some type of probation or jail time, fine on record. Poor cats
He’s a mean if true

Thanks for that. I couldn’t force myself to look it up. I would assume the word “multiple” is also key. Because, if it was just one hit from his vehicle it would have not said multiple, correct?

I would wonder if he *could* have hit her with his vehicle, then later with another blunt force trauma killed her.

Her autopsy report might be one I don’t read. Praying for her loved ones as they received this news. Not what anyone would want to hear. Literally makes me sick to my stomach, I’m sure it is very very difficult for her loved ones.
It appears my guess is exactly what he did. He hit her with his vehicle. I hope she didn’t suffer.

Suspect rammed Arkansas jogger Sydney Sutherland with his truck: Affidavit
The suspected killer of Sydney Sutherland admitted ramming the Arkansas nurse with his pickup truck as she was out jogging, then loading her into the vehicle and driving to a remote area, recently filed court documents say, as reported by Arkansas Online.

Developing: New details released in Jackson County murder case | KARK

[...]

Quake Lewellyn gave officers permission to search his phone and they determined Lewellyn was in a location a little over 2 miles from where Sutherland’s phone had been found about an hour after it was discovered that she was missing.

On August 21st, Sydney Sutherland’s body was found a few yards from where Lewellyn’s location had been indicated by his phone.

[...]

082E1334-FAC6-490F-B14D-9C8F55FB4AA8.jpeg 515DC662-C2CA-475C-800A-20077967104C.jpeg

Lewellyn struck Sutherland with truck, raped her, authorities say in affidavit

Lewellyn was given his Miranda rights and was interviewed.

“Lewellyn stated that he struck Sutherland with his vehicle. Lewellyn stated he then loaded Sutherland up into his pickup and transported her to the area indicated on the location services application,” the affidavit noted.

ASP said in the affidavit that Lewellyn told them that he then raped and buried Sutherland.

Lewellyn, who is being held without bond, is scheduled to appear in court Oct. 29 for arraignment.

[...]

Quake Lewellyn gave officers permission to search his phone and they determined Lewellyn was in a location a little over 2 miles from where Sutherland’s phone had been found about an hour after it was discovered that she was missing.

On August 21st, Sydney Sutherland’s body was found a few yards from where Lewellyn’s location had been indicated by his phone.

[...]

View attachment 268162 View attachment 268163

I'm completely confused by this probable cause affidavit as previous reports by LE pretty much denied there was any evidence of vehicular homicide. Perhaps this is going to be QL's defense that he struck her with his vehicle and panicked. Does this also mean that QL raped SS after she was injured/deceased?

I'm completely confused by this probable cause affidavit as previous reports by LE pretty much denied there was any evidence of vehicular homicide. Perhaps this is going to be QL's defense that he struck her with his vehicle and panicked. Does this also mean that QL raped SS after she was injured/deceased?

According to QL’s account (but is it truly how it all happened?):
It seems he saw her; hit her & then loaded her up in the truck. Took her to the location where he raped & buried her.
At what point was she deceased? I’m unsure.

Medical examiner: Sydney Sutherland died of blunt force trauma

I found this; it tells a varied sequence of events:
Arkansas State Police special agent Mike McNeill said during a probable cause hearing last month that Lewellyn saw Sutherland walking on County Road 41, turned his truck around and forced Sutherland into the back of the vehicle. McNeill said Lewellyn drove about three miles to a farm where he raped Sutherland, killed her and buried the body.

Trying to reconcile affidavit with previous media including: 8/24 testimony by ASP that QL saw SS running, and turned his truck around; and the 8/20 statement by Sheriff that they were confident she was not struck by a vehicle.

Jurnee Taylor[URL='https://twitter.com/_JurneeTaylor']@_JurneeTaylor[/URL]

Replying to
@_JurneeTaylor
Sheriff Lucas says after finding her phone, they are confident that she was not hit by a car b/c of lack of evidence As far as abduction, he says “we have a 25-year-old young lady out there somewhere & we are not ruling anything out. We’re not going to leave anything unturned.”

7:06 PM · Aug 20, 2020 from Arkansas, USA

Jurnee Taylor[URL='https://twitter.com/_JurneeTaylor']@_JurneeTaylor[/URL]

Replying to
@_JurneeTaylor
An ASP agent has took the stand. He says Lewellyn admitted to seeing Sutherland walking on CR 41. He then turned around and abducted her. He took her to farmland and sexually assaulted her then buried her body.

12:07 PM · Aug 24, 2020 from Newport, AR

[...]

[...]

View attachment 268162 View attachment 268163

I understand this is a synopsis of the investigation but after all this time -- this is one skinny affidavit of probable cause.

Perhaps there's much concern about the jury pool. Still shocking-- to me.

MOO

If the affidavit is correct, it would appear that QL disabled SS by ramming her with his truck. It also seems authorities located SS's body based on information from QL's phone, and not that he led them to her body. If QL raped SS after she was deceased, the abuse of a corpse charge is present but it's the same charge for burying an individual. I'm anxious to hear from the district attorney to clarify the discrepancy between the affidavit and the testimony by ASP agents at QL's first appearance.

Court records on alleged killer released in Sydney Sutherland case

Oct 16, 2020

Quake Lewellyn, 28, was arrested in August on suspicion of kidnapping and abuse of a corpse in the case.

[..]

Police said in the affidavit that Lewellyn saw Sutherland running on County Road 41 before she disappeared and that a search of his phone netted evidence in the case.

“During a consent search of Quake Lewellyn’s phone, agents located a location services application that tracks the phone’s geographical location. Approximately an hour after Sutherland was discovered missing, Lewellyn’s location services application indicated that he was at a geographical location approximately 2.36 miles from where Sutherland’s phone was located,” the affidavit said.

[..]

Sutherland’s body was found Aug. 21, just yards from where the app indicated where Lewellyn was, authorities said in the affidavit.

[..]

“Lewellyn stated that he struck Sutherland with his vehicle. Lewellyn stated he then loaded Sutherland up into his pickup and transported her to the area indicated on the location services application,” the affidavit said.

I am also confused by this account. If he "rammed" her with his truck it would seem like she would have been seriously injured with broken bones, internal bleeding, etc. So then he puts this injured person in his truck, takes her to a secondary location and rapes her and buries her. What I can't get past wondering is did her bury her while she was still alive??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nobsnurse99
Back