UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case has finally come to court. Mr Roustoby was always no.1 suspect for Mr Clarke’s murder and river body disposal in April 2007. But despite strong circumstantial evidence at the time, he wasn’t even arrested on suspicion of murder, even though it sounds like NYP knew he was responsible. Until his confession, probably when drunk, was recorded on tape. Lots of food for thought imo.

Man goes on trial accused of murdering his York neighbour and dumping body

This case has finally come to court. Mr Roustoby was always no.1 suspect for Mr Clarke’s murder and river body disposal in April 2007. But despite strong circumstantial evidence at the time, he wasn’t even arrested on suspicion of murder, even though it sounds like NYP knew he was responsible. Until his confession, probably when drunk, was recorded on tape. Lots of food for thought imo.

Well spotted @AcbMurders. Like you I've been waiting patiently for this trial to start. The stuff that can be found online about his past is both strange and intriguing. He has lived very near Heworth Rd and near the Uni and worked on campus. I couldn't find a match in the timings to the CL case but, as you say, food for thought!

Well spotted @AcbMurders. Like you I've been waiting patiently for this trial to start. The stuff that can be found online about his past is both strange and intriguing. He has lived very near Heworth Rd and near the Uni and worked on campus. I couldn't find a match in the timings to the CL case but, as you say, food for thought!
It didn’t occur to me that Roustoby could be involved in the CL’s case. More interesting for me how NYP operated: strong circumstantial evidence and finding the body wasn’t deemed to be enough to arrest him in the early days. So the evidence against the N4 must have been very substantial to justify 4 arrests on suspicion of murder and files submitted for CPS consideration, as the police wouldn’t surely do so on a whim

Woman denies killing York man pulled from River Foss in 2007
:eek:

York is placed in Covid Tier 2
Tier 2 restrictions
mean people cannot meet other households socially indoors - whether at home or at other venues such as pubs. The Rule of Six still applies in outdoor settings - as it does all over the country, and people are advised to "reduce the number of journeys where possible"

York is placed in Covid Tier 2
Tier 2 restrictions
mean people cannot meet other households socially indoors - whether at home or at other venues such as pubs. The Rule of Six still applies in outdoor settings - as it does all over the country, and people are advised to "reduce the number of journeys where possible"
Ok good to know but where is Claudia ?

I wanted to go back to this post by @Vixey on the #9 thread.
@Vixey or anyone else can you just clarify Who the guy on east parade from the barracks originally from Leeds and had a girlfriend on the east parade is please.
and is he the guy who commited suicide on the same day, are you talking about Jeremy Green or the guy Ed that Moonsafari mentions in her blog.
Also do you have a name for The french guy Claudia knew.

upload_2020-10-18_0-15-34.png

If the police know who and how and why surely they can have a shot at it especially now that a person can be brought to court in the future for the same offence ?

Because the CPS will knock it back. There has to be sufficient evidence for the CPS to proceed, and police forces by now know what that threshold is. If it isn’t met in the case of CL then all the police are doing is knowingly creating a load of additional paperwork.

Haven't been on here for a while because all the different theories make your head spin, so have sat back and looked at all the available information on the net and for all this looking I still think claudias killer or killers were very close to her as lack of a body or any sort of evidence leads me to think of forward planning and not the work of a random maniac, try as I might I cannot come to any other conclusion

Skip to 41.00 on the video if as the Crimewatch presenter says a key witness (the cyclist) came forward to say he saw two people talking on Melrosegate Bridge on Weds morning rather than Thurs morning why does the NYP website still say the sighting was Thurs morning?

Well spotted!
Yes good question .
Maybe the witness cannot be sure on the day especially if he she does that journey every day .
If it was CL then the witness got the height of the left handed smoker ( and Claudia’s) wrong because we know Claudia was 5’ 6” herself.
It’s probably not easy judging the height of someone standing still while you are riding a bike.

Haven't been on here for a while because all the different theories make your head spin, so have sat back and looked at all the available information on the net and for all this looking I still think claudias killer or killers were very close to her as lack of a body or any sort of evidence leads me to think of forward planning and not the work of a random maniac, try as I might I cannot come to any other conclusion

Perhaps even military style forward planning.

Well spotted!
Yes good question .
Maybe the witness cannot be sure on the day especially if he she does that journey every day .
If it was CL then the witness got the height of the left handed smoker ( and Claudia’s) wrong because we know Claudia was 5’ 6” herself.
It’s probably not easy judging the height of someone standing still while you are riding a bike.
If it was Claudia (and I believe, it was her), it doesn't matter much, whether Wednesday or Thursday: in any case it could have been the perp, who made her disappear.
I have questions:
Why did he have to intercept her on the way to work, in the morning before 6am, in darkness?
Why was it so urgent to speak to her in the early morning?
Why did they both stand still, why didn't he accompany Claudia on her way, because she had to be at Uni in time?
Why didn't he talk to her over the phone instead of meeting her?
Why didn't he visit her home (if he didn't)?
Who shouldn't know (if so), that the two were communicating or meeting?
Why was there no parking car? Did he come on foot?

It looks like he confronted her, when Claudia had to walk there at that certain time. It can't have been a friendly talk. First a jealous, married (or in relationship) man comes to mind, whose calls she didn't answer and who had fears of being seen with her. IMO - It doesn't help, as always. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member