Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is JMO

I've followed true crime for coming up on 50 years and I'll tell you, I've never seen an innocent man act this way. Never. Not once.

He's either as guilty as it gets or he's one for the journals/articles/case studies.

jmo

Women go missing every day.
Why the fascination with this case?
In my opinion, BM’s bizarre behavior is a bigger factor, than Suzanne herself, in explaining why people such as myself are intrigued with this case.

BM’s odd behaviour, along with some other weird happenings have kept me glued.

By weird happenings I’m referring to...

1) TN going silent
2) the TD secret or not so secret recording of BM
3) the baby blue helmet note
4) the organized search 5 months after the fact
5) And the mysterious disappearance of LS

All crazy stuff.

IMO

BBM:

Listen.

How many times I gotta' tell you?

BM and his buddy, who knows more about this stuff than anybody on account of he's done 400 tours of Iraq 'n Afghanistan, searched a 200 mile radius!

Plus, he put out that lengthy 27-second video right away a week after SM went missing.

He also distributed flyers scrap paper listing critical missing person baby blue bike helmet biker clothing info to all the local stores.

I can't believe how little credit you give this poor guy.

He's managed to do all this despite his incredibly busy schedule!
A schedule, I might add, which has included filing both temporary and permanent guardianship papers with the court, selling their his real estate, putting their his house on the market, grilling peanut butter, and doing the most push-ups of anybody at the gym.

You're just jealous of the fact that he can do more push-ups than you.

JMO.

Yup! Very nicely done @GordianKnot! I also cannot believe how little credit @MassGuy/TampaGuy is giving BM. BM has gone above and beyond and stepped up to the plate when he could have said "It's too soon"... He also enthusiastically has volunteered to "show" us all "what happened", which must have been emotionally devastating for him. In addition to all of this he still consistently changes his socks every day... :rolleyes:

BBM:

Yes. We have.

The Berreth case.
PF didn't lift so much as a pinky finger to try to "find" KB after she went missing.
In fact, he couldn't even be bothered to show up at the press conference LE did with KB's mom.

And who can forget PF's hostile encounter with a reporter at the gate to the Franch:
"This is private property. This is a private road."

Of course, what he didn't tell the reporter was, "This is the private property where I threw Kelsey's body onto a raging bonfire," but he might as well have, given the plethora of evidence he left behind for the investigators.

And, too, I'm seeing shades of the Barbara Thomas case here.

Her husband didn't spearhead a single public search effort for her, either.

Probably still too busy reading those notes she used to stick under his pillow.

JMO.
Thank you for remembering... so many women gone
JMO

If he thought angry searchers would attempt to go right up to his home to harass him, or to search, without permission, I think that's the kind of worry an innocent person simply would not have.

Or if he didn’t do it (and he is the one person who knows for sure), he could have been worried the real perpetrator was planting evidence to frame him. Once the cameras were up, he wasn’t as worried about that and let the searchers in,

Running a successful business does not necessarily make you smart. The jury is still out with Barry in that regard.

Smart people have committed some of the most idiotic crimes imaginable. Intelligence doesn’t seem to translate in situations like this.

Look no further than one Bernard Madoff for super smart yet ended up with life in prison, both sons dead, family ruined, so many lives ruined. Someone can be "smart" yet dumb as a box 'o rocks all at the same time.

IMO

Just out of curiosity, how many guilty men have you seen acting this way?

Why I have a hard time totally jumping off the fence is BM is doing all the things that if you are guilty, no one with half an ounce of sense would do them. BM is by all indications a successful business man, which takes some brains. If he was guilty, why would he do so many things to make himself look so bad?

Barry's behavior is not as uncommon as you think. Take a read at the link. Circumstantial differences, but same net effect- Tex McIver: Did his grief expose his guilt?

You're thinking rationally, murder doesn't occur under rational or level headed circumstances and neither does the cover-up.

Running a successful business does not necessarily make you smart. The jury is still out with Barry in that regard.

No? We must know different successful business men and women. The successful Business people I know, in legal or illegal businesses, are all pretty bright. Owning a 1.5 million dollar home in a single earner family points at success, even if one partner gets a 500k inheritance and you use that.

Look no further than one Bernard Madoff for super smart yet ended up with life in prison, both sons dead, family ruined, so many lives ruined. Someone can be "smart" yet dumb as a box 'o rocks all at the same time.

IMO
Jeffrey Epstein was supposed to be a pretty smart guy, minus the sex trafficking and rape of girls.

We don't know him personally & can't assume that he's selfish. Some of his actions may be characterized as selfish, but they can also be characterized as the actions of a grieving, traumatized husband.

As for angry: he's being accused by the internet of killing his wife! If he wasn't agry, I'd be suspicious.
I agree it can’t be pleasant to be accused but why isn’t he begging for people to call in tips? Helping with the public search? Pleading for his wife’s safe return?

No? We must know different successful business men and women. The successful Business people I know, in legal or illegal businesses, are all pretty bright. Owning a 1.5 million dollar home in a single earner family points at success, even if one partner gets a 500k inheritance and you use that.
Intelligent people still make horrible killers.

There’s no shortage of literal geniuses, who have committed really dumb murders.

Being smart in one area, doesn’t mean you know how to feign being innocent. It certainly doesn’t mean you know how real crimes look, and how you appear to others.

Being smart doesn’t mean you are self aware.

It seems as though Suzanne had beat lymphoma for the second time though. Her chemotherapy treatments had concluded and her doctor had given her an all clear prognosis.

Perhaps Barry did not want Suzanne to beat cancer.

IMO
Not only not beat cancer but suffer while she was not beating it.

My mother passed away from pancreatic cancer. She couldn’t eat and her Dr prescribed Marinol. He called us a few days after she started it and asked if it was helping. It wasn’t. He suggested she try smoking marijuana. My mom was absolutely adamantly anti-drug and she considered weed a drug but she tried it anyway because she was wasting away. It did help her nausea and gave her an appetite. It greatly eased her suffering. A husband who would deny his wife anything that might help her get through a day, a week, a month is a pretty crappy husband.

Last edited:
Again, Barry had no legal duty to retreat to his home or away from it.
I don’t think a single person has argued that Barry committed a crime, and wasn’t perfectly within his rights.

The argument is that it was a really stupid thing to do, albeit incredibly predictable.

It’s a horrible look, and shows exactly where his head is at: Protecting what is his.

Hundreds of people taking part in a search that he himself should have organized, yet he couldn’t be assed to even participate.

I think “thank you” would have been more appropriate than “get off my lawn.”

That’s just me though.

I agree it can’t be pleasant to be accused but why isn’t he begging for people to call in tips? Helping with the public search? Pleading for his wife’s safe return?

No idea. I'd like to think that if I was in his position, then I certainly would do so. However, his behavior alone doesn't "prove" that he did anything when -- at the same time -- multiple agencies have not even found probable cause to believe that Barry did anything to Suzanne.

Two words:

Smoke. Mirrors.

It's all an illusion.

If BM is a "successful business man," I'll eat MassGuy's tube socks.

Slathered in Jif peanut butter.

JMO.

I don’t think a single person has argued that Barry committed a crime, and wasn’t perfectly within his rights.

The argument is that it was a really stupid thing to do, albeit incredibly predictable.

It’s a horrible look, and shows exactly where his head is at: Protecting what is his.

Hundreds of people taking part in a search that he himself should have organized, yet he couldn’t be assed to even participate.

I think “thank you” would have been more appropriate than “get off my lawn.”

That’s just me though.

Maybe it looks bad, maybe not. I think he should not have left it until the day of the search, but the act of protecting one's property is a laudable activity, regardless of how it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes