Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts: Mr. Ilovewings just got put into a private room after being in ER for 12 hours: he is so pleased : he is on Heparin to dissolve those clots. He is still on Covid Watch - do you know why that would be- he did have a negative test-- so i am puzzled----

Maybe because Covid can lead to clotting? I'm so glad he is in the hospital getting treatment for the clots and being watched for possible Covid. I'm adding you both to my prayer list! ETA: Actually, you were already on it....

Maybe because Covid can lead to clotting? I'm so glad he is in the hospital getting treatment for the clots and being watched for possible Covid. I'm adding you both to my prayer list! ETA: Actually, you were already on it....

Wouldn't one positive test rule out Covid? also i think a chest x-ray for Covid patients has a very specific finding , like ground glass opacities ---and he wasn't told he had that finding. I am aware of blood clots in the lungs being cause by Covid----so i guess they will monitor him closely (temp, oxygen levels)- Thanks for the prayers!!!

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts: Mr. Ilovewings just got put into a private room after being in ER for 12 hours: he is so pleased : he is on Heparin to dissolve those clots. He is still on Covid Watch - do you know why that would be- he did have a negative test-- so i am puzzled----
There is always the (remote) possibility that he could have had a false negative. Maybe they just want to confirm the negative test before taking him off Covid Watch. Hopefully he will have a second negative test to confirm the first test. I'm glad they are being cautious.

Interesting..... 18-40, and 41-60 the same uptick. And much higher than the 61-80 range.

the younger age groups: more likely going to school or work, taking care of others, possibly shopping, eating out, going to a bar or a party. 61-80- more likely limiting social contact ... IMO.

Wouldn't one negative test rule out Covid? also i think a chest x-ray for Covid patients has a very specific finding , like ground glass opacities ---and he wasn't told he had that finding. I am aware of blood clots in the lungs being cause by Covid----so i guess they will monitor him closely (temp, oxygen levels)- Thanks for the prayers!!!

they may be concerned that he had an exposure*, that he has a fulminating exposure or that he will have an exposure in their facility. (* did he have an antibody test? most common test only shows current presence of virus; not antibodies)

There were people in the audience wearing masks.
When I watched all in the audience were wearing masks and seating was spread out for social distancing. The majority of the time ACB, Trump and Thomas were at least 6 feet apart. ACB had Covid this summer and Trump last month so they couldn't get or give it to Thomas IMO. I'm sure Thomas was tested too.

It appears due to the turnaround time that he had a rapid test that is an antigen test, and not the PCR test. That may be a reason why. Usually when your symptomatic you would turn positive. But the antigen test are not as sensitive as a PCR. M o o. If he has signed the proper paperwork to allow the doctor to tell you everything, you can ask that question with the doctor. (HIPPA) Otherwise your husband would have to ask if you are interested.

I am watching a historic event, the swearing in of a new Supreme Court Justice in the United States, not ONE mask in evidence at this event.

Not one. :eek:

Well, at least Clarence Thomas was the only Supreme Court justice to attend ... so if there does happen to be a covid outbreak after the event, the rest of the Supreme Court may not be affected.

Clarence Thomas, who swore Barrett in and is perhaps the most conservative of the supreme court justices, was the only member of the highest court in attendance.
Missing at Barrett’s swearing-in ceremony: most of the justices.

Last edited:
I wonder if people are not wearing a fresh mask every day. I have a "dirty" bag, and a "clean" bag of masks in my car. The mask I wore in the store, gets slipped off, into the "dirty" bag, hand sanitizer, back to driving. I may change masks 3 or 4 times a day, and then the "dirty" masks go directly to washer and dryer.

A mask won't help if it got Covid on it, and you keep using it, getting it damp by breathing, warm...it is literally an "incubator" for the virus. And you are breathing it right in.

I am sure that this is correct- the medical professionals initially did not want us to even wear masks because we would touch them, touch our faces, not wear them correctly, etc. re-using masks is not so big deal if there really is no COVID around, but once the incidence is rising and there is "community spread," it will be bad.

I am sure that this is correct- the medical professionals initially did not want us to even wear masks because we would touch them, touch our faces, not wear them correctly, etc. re-using masks is not so big deal if there really is no COVID around, but once the incidence is rising and there is "community spread," it will be bad.

Also, it must be stated that masks are part of a “comprehensive package”...so much opposition over masks, makes me wonder how much the other control elements are being blatantly disregarded as well.

I am watching a historic event, the swearing in of a new Supreme Court Justice in the United States, not ONE mask in evidence at this event.

Not one. :eek:
Disgusting, foolish, disrespectful. Not enough adjectives. What a disgrace.

I find it interesting that we are focusing so much on masks but wonder why there is pretty much nil out there regarding eye protection. I'm hearing stories of people who are testing positive even though they're doing everything they're supposed to. Is it getting in their eyes? The virus loves the eyes, right? Yet I don't see anything regarding protecting our eyes as part of the protocol. Even on the main COVID page at CDC, it just says "Wear a mask" and shows pics of people with masks with no eye protection. If I am in a room with someone with covid for an extended period, I could be wearing an N95 mask but still get it in my eyes just as easily as my nose, right?

not sure if they have changed their advice on this- former advice was that eye protection was only necessary for medical professionals who would be exposed to fluids- such as when intubating people. have recently seen people in a health club giving small children swim instruction and they are wearing face shields. not sure if the concern with aerosol transmission includes eyes.

Re the "toddler pillowcases" bought online.
My pillow purchase was the reverse. I bought a pack of two pillows.
I didn't want the soft, or the hard, I chose medium and received two gigantic pillows which are way too high for any normal human being to sleep on.
I did think of sitting on them for awhile and see if I can flatten them down a bit . :D:

Rsbm ACB had Covid this summer and Trump last month so they couldn't get or give it to Thomas IMO. I'm sure Thomas was tested too.

We don’t know this for sure. These are the types of assumptions not based on science which can be dangerous.

Trump claiming he is “immune” is BEYOND RIDICULOUS, not to mention ACB had it a while ago. Though perhaps not very common, we have seen reinfections occur, some that have occurred not too far after initial infection.

Immunity post covid, and how long it lasts, is still being studied. I’d also be willing to say it’s possible people may have different immune responses.

Can’t believe how many people continue to justify this sort of behavior.

What is problem with taking all precautions just in case?

Is it asking too much to just show some respect, care about others, and set an example?

Last edited:
This is the study by the University of Maryland School of Medicine that the Daily Mail article is speaking of ... if that helps.

They have studied (only) hospitalised covid patients who were usually taking low dose aspirin daily to protect against cardiovascular disease.

2020 News - New Landmark Study at UM School of Medicine Finds Aspirin Use Reduces Risk of Death in Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients | University of Maryland School of Medicine

SouthAussie - Thank you for the link to this study!

And thanks too LaborDayRN and ilovewings for your input as well.

I already take one baby aspirin a day, plus Vitamin D3, NAC, and zinc so hopefully if I were to ever get Covid, I'd at least have a fighting chance. So grateful for scientists and universities like UM School of Medicine for their research. Gives me hope knowing there are people all over the world searching for an effective treatment and, who knows, maybe one day a cure!

Another day, and another dreadful record has been broken in the COVID-19 pandemic in the USA.

This time, the seven-day average of daily new cases reached an all-time high of 68,767 on Sunday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The previous record of 67,293 was set on July 22.

"Unfortunately, I think the statement about 'new record' is going to be repeated over and over again in the days and weeks to come," said Dr Ashish Jha, dean of the Brown University School of Public Health.

...... the seven-day average of new COVID-19 cases has soared 23 per cent in the past week, according to Johns Hopkins data.
The seven-day average of new tests performed has risen only 2.87 per cent over the past week, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

US records more daily COVID-19 cases in the past week than ever before

Last edited:
Another day, and another dreadful has been record broken in the COVID-19 pandemic in the USA.

This time, the seven-day average of daily new cases reached an all-time high of 68,767 on Sunday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

The previous record of 67,293 was set on July 22.

"Unfortunately, I think the statement about 'new record' is going to be repeated over and over again in the days and weeks to come," said Dr Ashish Jha, dean of the Brown University School of Public Health.

...... the seven-day average of new COVID-19 cases has soared 23 per cent in the past week, according to Johns Hopkins data.
The seven-day average of new tests performed has risen only 2.87 per cent over the past week, according to the COVID Tracking Project.

US records more daily COVID-19 cases in the past week than ever before

But our numbers are “incredible”...how do people even believe that crap when the numbers and FACTs are right in front of their faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolliffey