CA Ca - Victoria Tatro, 24, Eureka, 1 Aug 2014

I'm not sure how to feel about the UID not having been Victoria. I wish her family would be allowed some closure...

Unidentified Person Case
Has this case ever been considered for Victoria?

As a note, the Post Mortem Interval is said to be 5 years and the UID was found in October 2015. BUT the distance between Eureka and where the UID was found is only 13 miles. UID is estimated to be 20-35, which is in within Victorias age range. It's way too close not to have a look at.

86b3e0a4d4d11d448cab212378bfe580.png

Thank you so much Lilibet for caring for Victoria and helping purpleavacado. I'm interested in this mp case. Is there any news? Thanks Romulus for bringing Victoria here. (for people who don't know, Romulus's mother tongue is not English and has to translate, so some things will appear different....like my English sometimes fails)

Victoria was not a match for the UID I submitted. :( No other news.

CA - CA - Saratoga, WhtFem UP14683, 15-24, off Hwy 9, black floral top, Dec'14

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to feel about the UID not having been Victoria. I wish her family would be allowed some closure...

Unidentified Person Case
Has this case ever been considered for Victoria?

As a note, the Post Mortem Interval is said to be 5 years and the UID was found in October 2015. BUT the distance between Eureka and where the UID was found is only 13 miles. UID is estimated to be 20-35, which is in within Victorias age range. It's way too close not to have a look at.

86b3e0a4d4d11d448cab212378bfe580.png

Hi Dyakt. Do you have info that Victoria didn’t match the UID? I don’t know where to look.

ETA: I found purpleavocado’s post on the UID thread. :(
CA - CA - Saratoga, WhtFem UP14683, 15-24, off Hwy 9, black floral top, Dec'14

I’m not sure what “Eureka” you have found on your map, but it’s not the city of Eureka which is about 300 miles north of that location up in Humboldt County. The UID found in Saratoga is about the same distance, but the facial reconstruction looked like Victoria, which is why I submitted it.

Last post here was January 2019.....It's very quiet around Victoria's missing case. To quiet if you ask me. Are they still investigating? Was there any trace of her after she disappeared...bank account, social security number, arrest records, etc., maybe under another AKA. Guess not. Is there a theory of what might have happened to her, is there a POI? The last thing I saw of her was a Pinterest note in November 2019 but no more additional info found on the Internet.

I found a post from a family member on Facebook from 2018 saying she was last seen in August of 2014, along the highway near Fortuna. She was supposedly seen on the side of the highway arguing with a man. There are thoughts about who this might have been, but no hard evidence.

The story about her supposedly stolen money, IMO probably not true, came into the world for a reason. To give the impression or suggesting that she might be in hiding or suggest others did something to her because of that. Personally I don't buy that.

If the accusation that Victoria is a thief isn't in MSM, it doesn't deserve to be considered here. That's TOS.

If the accusation that Victoria is a thief isn't in MSM, it doesn't deserve to be considered here. That's TOS.

Is it ok for you that this is in her Namus file?
Circumstances of Disappearance
Victoria may have stolen money from someone.

I see no reason to comment in this forum on NamUS, given I know little about them.

I see no reason to comment in this forum on NamUS, given I know little about them.

We use NamUS info on the threads all the time @burblestein. There are often inaccuracies (such as height), depending on who submitted the information. We have no way to determine what is and isn’t true. As we all know, untruths spoken by ones for their own agendas are quoted all the time in MSM and it doesn’t make it true. ;) MSM also makes innocent or careless mistakes. So we always take everything with a grain of salt, whether it’s NamUS or MSM.

Here is the NamUS website if you want to learn more. It’s an extremely important resource in an area such as the Emerald Triangle where there may be unidentified remains found that can perhaps be matched to missing persons. There is a whole forum on Websleuths devoted to making matches and they have made many, resolving cases open for years.
The Unidentified

https://www.namus.gov/

NamUs is a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases across the United States. Funded and administered by the National Institute of Justice and managed through a cooperative agreement with the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas, all NamUs resources are provided at no cost to law enforcement, medical examiners, coroners, allied forensic professionals, and family members of missing persons.
<snip>

The NamUs database fills an overwhelming need for a central repository of information related to missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases. The database is searchable by all, with biometric and other secure case information accessible only to appropriate, vetted criminal justice users.

Missing person records can be entered into NamUs by anyone, including the general public; however, all cases are verified with the appropriate law enforcement agency prior to publication in NamUs.

Unidentified and unclaimed person records are entered into the NamUs database by medical examiners, coroners, and other criminal justice designees.

Missing and unidentified person cases in NamUs are automatically compared to locate potential matches based on dates, geography, and core demographic information. Advanced searches can be performed to locate matches based on additional unique descriptors such as scars, marks, tattoos, clothing, jewelry, etc.
BBM

I don't like it you question my integrity @burblestein I try to get Victoria's case back "on the table" again because I care and we are ending up in a conversation like this. IMO MSM is messing up information all the time and should preferably be looked at with your own, non biased, eyes, (what is almost impossible because people tend to read selectively) using your healthy brain and certainly not taken for the truth. I use Namus as a reasonable "safe" resource, but also that is not the truth persé.

I don't judge Victoria, whatever her walks of life are/were, she is a missing person and that's what matters to me.

MSM? I don't know
Still Missing
Scroll down
Victoria Tatro
reportedly had been in a fight after being accused of stealing someone's money before she disappeared on Aug. 1, 2014, at the age of 24. Tatro, who would now be 27, was described as standing 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing 100 pounds, with green eyes and auburn hair. Tatro, who has a lip piercing, was also known to go by Kendra and Victoria Joy Scofield.

The sad thing is there isn't much MSM about her case in particular besides mentioned with all the others missing. F.I.
The Humboldt 35

I’m glad to see Victoria’s thread pop up again @Bit of hope. I used to do so much better keeping up on the missing women in Humboldt. :(

I’m posting this link because I remembered that we discussed there that Victoria fit the description of at least two other probable victims of a possible serial killer earlier in 2014. The comment in your earlier post that Victoria was last seen arguing with a man along the freeway north of Fortuna puts her in the general area of the other two disappearances and got my attention!

Ca - James Eugene Jones, 43, Humboldt County, Poi Serial Murders

ETA: Regarding MSM, the mods have been lenient with us about using sources such as Northcoast Journal, Redheadedblackbelt (Kym Kemp), Lost Coast Outpost, Jphn Chiv, etc because there is little to no MSM coverage of these cases in Humboldt.

I’m glad to see Victoria’s thread pop up again @Bit of hope. I used to do so much better keeping up on the missing women in Humboldt. :(

I’m posting this link because I remembered that we discussed there that Victoria fit the description of at least two other probable victims of a possible serial killer earlier in 2014. The comment in your earlier post that Victoria was last seen arguing with a man along the freeway north of Fortuna puts her in the general area of the other two disappearances and got my attention!

Exactly!

Gosh, I never thought anyone would object to a victim-friendly comment. And I fail to see how I questioned anyone's integrity.

The defense of NamUS's inaccuracies illustrates why I don't pay much attention to that website. I am in favor of accuracy in investigations. And did I miss the link to MSM accusing Victoria of theft, that would even allow this factoid in here?

And while we are at it...just how useful is the statement, "Victoria stole something from somebody"? Stole what? From whom? It's just too ambiguous to amount to anything except defamation.

Thinking of Victoria and hoping her kids are OK. She loved those “babies.” I would again encourage family to start a Facebook page @Purpleavacado. Can’t hurt, might help.

ETA: Regarding MSM, the mods have been lenient with us about using sources such as Northcoast Journal, Redheadedblackbelt (Kym Kemp), Lost Coast Outpost, Jphn Chiv, etc because there is little to no MSM coverage of these cases in Humboldt.
I'm from Humboldt county and I want to make it clear that Northcoast Journal, RHBB/Kym Kemp, and Lost Coast Outpost ARE legitimate local news sources, even though they are not affiliated with major media networks. The other website is a sloppy gossip blog that has identified the wrong person as a murder suspect at least once despite very different spellings of the two names involved.

I'm from Humboldt county and I want to make it clear that Northcoast Journal, RHBB/Kym Kemp, and Lost Coast Outpost ARE legitimate local news sources, even though they are not affiliated with major media networks. The other website is a sloppy gossip blog that has identified the wrong person as a murder suspect at least once despite very different spellings of the two names involved.

I’m formerly from Humboldt @MapsGeek. Welcome! Yes you are absolutely right about those sources. They are legitimate news sources in Humboldt county. But the mods weren’t familiar with Kym Kemp, for example, thought she was just a marijuana blog, and it took some convincing that she was a legitimate journalist. :) As for John Chiv, gossip blogger that he is, he became my main source covering Gary Bullock’s murder trial, as I explained in this post.

It’s not easy getting traditional MSM in Humboldt, so we use whatever we can get. I appreciate that the mods don’t strictly enforce the MSM link rule for Humboldt county. There a great sources there, and IMO it’s superior to local MSM. I’m also a big fan of the readers’ comments on LOCO and RHBB stories, even though we can’t use them here.

I’m formerly from Humboldt @MapsGeek. Welcome! Yes you are absolutely right about those sources. They are legitimate news sources in Humboldt county. But the mods weren’t familiar with Kym Kemp, for example, thought she was just a marijuana blog, and it took some convincing that she was a legitimate journalist. :) As for John Chiv, gossip blogger that he is, he became my main source covering Gary Bullock’s murder trial, as I explained in this post.

It’s not easy getting traditional MSM in Humboldt, so we use whatever we can get. I appreciate that the mods don’t strictly enforce the MSM link rule for Humboldt county. There a great sources there, and IMO it’s superior to local MSM. I’m also a big fan of the readers’ comments on LOCO and RHBB stories, even though we can’t use them here.
Ok good, glad to help confirm I guess. Right now one of the local TV news stations is actually using Kym Kemp as a "news partner", basing their broadcast on her stories, and I hope, paying her well for it.

After John Chiv misidentified a retired city employee as an accused murderer and refused to apologize for it, pretty much everyone locally lost any remaining respect they might have had for him, if they hadn't already when he publicly identified the mother of a child SA survivor in such a way that the child was identifiable.

Ok good, glad to help confirm I guess. Right now one of the local TV news stations is actually using Kym Kemp as a "news partner", basing their broadcast on her stories, and I hope, paying her well for it.

After John Chiv misidentified a retired city employee as an accused murderer and refused to apologize for it, pretty much everyone locally lost any remaining respect they might have had for him, if they hadn't already when he publicly identified the mother of a child SA survivor in such a way that the child was identifiable.

Oh, I’m so glad to hear that Kym’s reporting is getting to “go mainstream.” Kym is the epitome of integrity in journalism. We knew her Mom back in the day.

Yes, John Chiv can be a loose cannon, which is a shame. I haven’t read him in ages. He was personally invested because of his friendship with the victim of Gary Bullock. That’s what made his reporting so valuable. But now that you mention it, I do remember when he identified the Mom so that her child could be identified. Shameful!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs
Back