Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
porsche.com/USA/connect/

¹Model year 2017 vehicles require a separate plug-in SIM card with a data plan which is not included to use Porsche Connect services. Model year 2018 and onward vehicles have an embedded SIM card including data to use some Porsche Connect services.
²The Porsche Connect range varies according to model and country availability. The information on this page is intended to provide you with a general overview. For service availability in your vehicle, log into the Porsche Connect Store with your Porsche ID.

So what does an embedded sim card do?

Please correct if wrong:

1. Alan and his husband R parted ways at 4:45, Alan gets to the gym at 5

2. Alan leaves the gym at approx 5:40 and was captured on surveillance video at the gas station approx 6 a.m

3. Alan’s family said he left the gas station and drove north on Inwood toward his house

Only thing I would add is that the gas station video clearly says 5:47, but reports have said around 6. Gym video says left at 5:38.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only thing I would add is that the gas station video clearly says 5:47, but reports have said around 6. Gym video says left at 5:38.

Thanks, trying to dial it down as much as possible. Does anyone know the exact times? Didn't the gym surveillance say he left at approx 5:40 (ish?) If that's the case, how did he get to the gas station, pay and start pumping gas by the 5:47 timestamp? Obviously, he was there - it's possible, just trying to narrow things down.

Map attached with approx travel time from Oct 22

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.51.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.51.10 PM.png
    583.4 KB · Views: 35
Thanks, trying to dial it down as much as possible. Does anyone know the exact times? Didn't the gym surveillance say he left at approx 5:40 (ish?) If that's the case, how did he get to the gas station, pay and start pumping gas by the 5:47 timestamp? Obviously, he was there - it's possible, just trying to narrow things down.

Per WFAA article:
A video camera captured White leaving the gym at 5:38 a.m. on Oct. 22 after a workout.
Vehicle located but not much info beyond what we’ve already seen

Vehicle located, but 55-year-old Dallas man remains missing | wfaa.com

On Google Maps there is a way to backtrack date & time (of arrival or departure) to provide an estimate on driving time for a given day. Using 5:38am on 10/22 as the time & day of departure, it might be possible that he could have arrived at the gas station as early as 5:48am, according to خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

6DD5BA1E-E609-4647-A374-7680AAAA7021.jpeg

And possibly even sooner if he was really stepping on it. MOO

I’ve posted about this as well. I don’t understand the timing.

Guys, I made a mistake with my post earlier. The map is wrong. I used the wrong racetrac location. Per this Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increasedarticle he was at the location at 2506 Inwood rd. Which, is actually longer than my timeframe so now I’m more confused.

5:38- left gym
5:47 pumping gas, but only 1 second.

Total drive time is 11 min. He shaved 2 minutes off the time? Or the time is wrong or has been edited on videos. And still the pumping gas time shows no paying which would have taken more time. And if he truly filled up an empty car even more time. The route on this map is the fastest time. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Family Releases New Surveillance Video Of Missing Dallas Man Alan White, Reward Increased

Here is the exact 5:38 from an article. Family looking for Dallas man who disappeared after leaving a gym in Uptown

Here is the video of gas station. Video: Missing Dallas man seen getting gas the morning he disappeared | wfaa.com

I am including the first visible screenshot time and the last. This is what we were shown. He may have left closer to 6 but video does not show that.

First says 5:47:05
Last says 5:48:07

Attachments

• 6808F5EB-FC71-4A1A-946C-15C75C64A1C0.jpeg
    6808F5EB-FC71-4A1A-946C-15C75C64A1C0.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 51
  • C94AC2E3-E560-4686-85B7-73ED432237F3.jpeg
    C94AC2E3-E560-4686-85B7-73ED432237F3.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 40
I’ve posted about this as well. I don’t understand the timing.

I saw that post of yours, and wholeheartedly concur. Something is off, IMO..

And I'm still curious why he went out of his way to go to that particular RaceTrac, as opposed to the one closer to home. Could be nothing, could be something..

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.32.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 2.32.48 PM.png
    907.4 KB · Views: 8
And they don't even say what time he pulled up. He's already pumping at 5:47
Correct... they do say he went in the store for 15 seconds. If that’s all the gas he got why?

1. Did he leave his sling at the gym and have to go back and get it and paid with all the cash he had?
2. Did he forget his sling that day and not have cash? Personally I don’t see that as possible.
3. Was he in a hurry and only wanted to take time for a little gas. If so, why? Could the reason correspond to the text he looked like he was looking at on his phone? Maybe a change in something he had to prepare for the meeting?
4. Was the pump not working and he had to move pumps?

Correct... they do say he went in the store for 15 seconds. If that’s all the gas he got why?

1. Did he leave his sling at the gym and have to go back and get it and paid with all the cash he had?
2. Did he forget his sling that day and not have cash? Personally I don’t see that as possible.
3. Was he in a hurry and only wanted to take time for a little gas. If so, why? Could the reason correspond to the text he looked like he was looking at on his phone? Maybe a change in something he had to prepare for the meeting?
4. Was the pump not working and he had to move pumps?

Great questions!

I don't understand it at all. Such a short time frame within a small area, and something happened to Alan. Where is he? What happened? No one saw a thing, no camera footage other than the gym and gas station (that we know of). And his Porsche found intact.
It's been 3 weeks. :(

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Oh gosh, this makes things even more confusing.

And sweetheart, I'm just so sorry. We're all thinking about you and your family and many of us are praying for you. Thank you so much for keeping us posted. Alan has a special place in our hearts now.

I am really working hard on this timeline
I know it has been discussed about the time he was at they gym.
It is plausible, although most people spend longer times at their gym.
So--that bothers me --even though I know in rare cases, a half hour or so is doable. ( I am basing this on when I worked out at 2-3 local gyms plus I used to own a gym)
Hopefully workers at the gym can attest for his workout that morning to fit with the timeframe. (like I said, it is possible, but not the norm)
which leads me to the question--if he had a short workout, why???
he did not need to be home until time for the 7:30 meeting.
Why go that early ?? why not stay longer??
Is it perhaps because family visitors were there ?? so he shortened gym time, wanted to get home an hour before his meeting time to visit??
would the visitors be up that early ?? @thelastunicorn
Just trying to get the timeline down.

Next question @thelastunicorn --did the rental car have a sunroof that was open?? Is that why seats were wet ???

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Our hearts and thoughts are with you and all his family and friends.
We want to help you find him !!!!

Hi @thelastunicorn

Thank you so very much for the updates on Alan's case. Many of us live in Dallas. If there is anything at all we can do to help, including searches, please let us know.

The location of the 7-11 that was robbed is 4239 Lemmon Ave. (Lemmon @ Wycliff)
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Perhaps Alan did not feel comfortable on Lemmon at all, after the robbery, which is why he avoided gas stations there. Totally understandable.

Just to echo what the other posters have said that thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

Just to ask you one question if I may; The last time Alan's phone was used was at 6.01 am - was this the same time he left the gas station?

I have always thought something happened to Alan at the gas station, that perhaps he encountered person or persons unknown and that they drove off with Alan in the car or even possibly forced him to drive away to wherever they were heading. This is the only logical explanation I can think of.

Thoughts and prayers with Alan tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member