Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #87

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSBM (love all the links you post BTW) - Seeing that NYC's positivity rate is below 3% blows my mind. Here we are in South Carolina with it hovering around 15% or so. My son-in-law's brother lives in NYC and is flying to South Carolina on Friday to spend a week. Certain members of his family are freaking out because "OMG, he's coming from New York!!!" But actually seems like HE is the one who should be worried!

Washington state stockpiled millions of N95 masks, but distributing them has been complicated — The Seattle Times

“Sitting in a Washington state government warehouse are more than 30 million N95 masks -- enough to provide every one of the state’s health care workers nearly 100 masks each.

They’re sitting there even though nearly all of the state's hospitals are reusing their N95s or otherwise conserving supply, as the nation faces a looming shortage and Washington’s COVID-19 cases spike to the highest levels in the pandemic.

Does the stockpile represent careful planning by state officials for this surge, or a missed opportunity to provide about $90 million of needed masks?”

In order to get free flu shots, I have to go to the doctors office. If we go to Target, CVS, etc - insurance doesn’t pay for it.

Doctors office told me the antibody test was $80 but my insurance would pay for it so my cost would be zero. That’s good news.
As of last Friday, the quickest appt was Thursday. 6 days. Geez.

flu shots are free here in Canada - whether we go to the doctor's office or the drugstore
but many of them ran out of stock when they first started - I haven't checked since then

Washington state stockpiled millions of N95 masks, but distributing them has been complicated — The Seattle Times

“Sitting in a Washington state government warehouse are more than 30 million N95 masks -- enough to provide every one of the state’s health care workers nearly 100 masks each.

They’re sitting there even though nearly all of the state's hospitals are reusing their N95s or otherwise conserving supply, as the nation faces a looming shortage and Washington’s COVID-19 cases spike to the highest levels in the pandemic.

Does the stockpile represent careful planning by state officials for this surge, or a missed opportunity to provide about $90 million of needed masks?”

that's disappointing

flu shots are free here in Canada - whether we go to the doctor's office or the drugstore
but many of them ran out of stock when they first started - I haven't checked since then
They are free at the Health Dept, but it’s a long drive on the other side of town and long lines. I saw a sign at one of the grocery stores advertising free flu shots but that was two weeks after I got mine.

The cognitive dissonance (or is it irony?) is mind numbing, imo.

This is an essential service that we provide.
"It's about loving our neighbour, and you can talk with a number of people here who are extremely vulnerable, homeless or on the verge of being very isolated."

ETA: the above quote is from the pastor, who is presenting his motivation for flouting rules designed to protect vulnerable populations.

Only got to one of these so far..... Meet the Press.

We can't wait until Jan to have federal actions.

Dr. Osterholm is making it so clear that we must have federal help NOW. Mayors and Governors are in straight jackets. It is so critical.....
How in heavens name are we going to get that to happen.
Just makes me sick.

Dr. John Campbell in the UK is another great Youtube podcaster . He indicates the actual cost of the vaccine to be $19 each. The US government has contracted with Pfizer for the vaccine to be free. But where the actual vaccines will be administered could still charge. He is concerned about profiteering that may play out.

Thanks for making that distinction that the vaccine could be free but the pharmacies and Dr's offices that administer the shots could still charge,
I think it is most likely they will. $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

Last edited:
The cognitive dissonance (or is it irony?) is mind numbing, imo.

ETA: the above quote is from the pastor, who is presenting his motivation for flouting rules designed to protect vulnerable populations.

From previously linked article :

"..On Friday, more than 100 church leaders launched a judicial review of the decision to ban people from worshipping together.

A Met spokesman said officers spoke with the pastor following reports he intended to hold a baptism and an in-person service .."

I'd like to find out why they have a problem with live streaming ???

7 Live Streaming Solutions for Your Church - 2020 Update | Dacast

What we’ll share in this article:
  • Live Streaming Solutions for Churches
  • Benefits of Streaming Platforms
  • How to Live Stream A Church Service
  • Platform Solutions for Churches and Houses of Worship
  • church-streaming-services-1024x683.png
    streamingChurchtv_dashboard-1024x758.png

Benefits of Streaming Platforms
benefits-of-live-streaming-for-churches.png

There are many benefits to live streaming your sermon, including reaching those who are not able to attend.

Last edited:
Only got to one of these so far..... Meet the Press.

We can't wait until Jan to have federal actions.

Dr. Osterholm is making it so clear that we must have federal help NOW. Mayors and Governors are in straight jackets. It is so critical.....
How in heavens name are we going to get that to happen.
Just makes me sick.

Nobody in congress or the president care about people dying from this plague

Iowa numbers today and recent news: As of 10:00-11:00 a.m., we had 4,432 new confirmed cases for a total of 184,865 confirmed cases of which 107,880 are recovering (+340). 13 more were reported to have passed away for a total of 1,985. There are 76,805 active positive cases with a 24 hr. positivity rate of 43% (IMO that has gone down the last 3 days). 208 were hospitalized in the last 24 hrs. for a total of 1,279 (new daily reocord +18). Here are the approximate daily age group increases (1 total short): 0-17: 17,533 (+504); 18-40: 79,671 (+1,759); 41-60: 52,442 (+1,339); 61-80: 27,361 (+713); & 81+: 7,634 (+116).
Nov. 15: Iowa reports 4,432 new cases, 13 more deaths
Iowa COVID-19 Information Daily case totals updated at 11:00 a.m.
Iowa COVID-19 Information Current hospital data
* On a side note and IMO, it is my understanding from reading about antigen tests in other states, that those postive test results are only probable and only the PCR tests are confirmed. MSN in Iowa (at least KWWL) has always reported all results as being confired even after IDPH started including antigen results in their reports. Here is where you can find this info: Iowa COVID-19 Information Tells how many are PCR or Antigen positive
It is also my understanding and IMO that some Antigen tests are more likely to be false postive than the PCR tests (maybe false negative too?)
As coronavirus cases rise, health care workers fear about what the coming days and weeks could bring
Polk County, Iowa hospitals handling influx of COVID-19 patients
Waterloo workers allege employers threaten discipline for COVID-19 quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members