Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

There's more to this story and the circumstances surrounding Jordan's disappearance.
MOO
I think so too. There’s a little part of me feeling guilty for being suspicious. This is WS though and we’ve been through patterns involved in missing child cases for quite a long time now. I’m seeing some indicators such as you mention that are worrisome.

Yes ma’am as I stated in the post you replied to, I always went barefoot and walked/ran around wooded areas, over gravel, etc. If you are not one whom has done I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, but if you go barefoot regularly your soles become tougher and you become more and more able to bear walking over terrain what would make more tender-footed folks cry. I’m not arguing my point anymore, but please believe that my experience as a wild-and-free, hippie-type child is true and not restricted to only myself nor my generation.
I lived in Greece, never wore shoes and could put out a lighting cigarette but with my bare feet without even feeling it.
In Greece, however there was no problem with coldness. I think it's quite conceivable that children move easily , if not better without shoes.
It didn't take very long at all for my feet to build up that kind of resilience, either. Roads were very rocky there too, never got a cut.
If he was accustomed to the forest floor, and they all vary depending upon type of trees, it would not have held him back for long.

Anyway, back to subject matter, just got this
https://twitter.com/WSMVHollyT/status/1328724538654339075?s=20

I always went barefoot and walked/ran around wooded areas, over gravel, etc. If you are not one whom has done I wouldn’t expect you to understand this, but if you go barefoot regularly your soles become tougher and you become more and more able to bear walking over terrain what would make more tender-footed folks cry.

Bolded by me. Reread what I wrote in the very post you are replying to.

Despite having soles well accustomed to walking without shoes on the clear ground, walking through the forest was barely possible.

Yeah, I am a rural girl, who lived over forty years of her life in the woods and run barefoot around a lot. Yes, I also was able walk freely over the terrain that made other people cry, but I was never able to run through the woods. A person that spent most of their life without shoes have their soles hardened enough to be able to run without shoes. I wasn't, Twigs, thorns, stumps, that made walking hard and running was just not possible.

In this particular case we are not talking about a little hippie dude, but about a clean cut kid. I don't think he was running without his shoes a lot, especially in November.

How do you know they didn't go looking for him on Sunday?

Someone may have gone looking for him on Sunday.

But I'm having a hard time with the idea that anyone went looking for him immediately.

If he ran off into the woods and someone went after him immediately, the overwhelming likelihood is that he wouldn't still be missing close to 48 hours later.

I frankly don't find the argument people are trying to make about running around barefoot themselves as children very compelling.

I did the exact same thing…but I never did it in 30-40 degree weather.

I don't see anyone routinely running around outside for hours in 30-40 degree temps.

JMO.

Last edited:
I’m in the UK so I am unsure about how your different agencies get involved and at what point and why? Can you elaborate at all please?

I live less than 5 miles from this child. We are not within city limits so any law enforcement needs we have are handled by the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Dept. This is a rural county and the local sheriff’s department is not equipped to handle this search on its own. The sheriff is former tbi, so he knows the resources available from them and is very knowledgeable as to when to call them in.

Generally speaking, afaik, most cities/towns (even small ones like Ashland City) have police departments which serve citizens within city limits. Each county has a sheriff’s department which serves the entire county (including within city limits). The police chief or sheriff can request assistance from the TBI and other area law enforcement if he feels it is needed. I don’t know if this is helpful or not.

I live 5 miles from the kid. I grew up here. I know what I am talking about and will not argue this point with you further because we are clearly in the weeds.

Bolded by me. Reread what I wrote in the very post you are replying to.

Despite having soles well accustomed to walking without shoes on the clear ground, walking through the forest was barely possible.

Yeah, I am a rural girl, who lived over forty years of her life in the woods and run barefoot around a lot. Yes, I also was able walk freely over the terrain that made other people cry, but I was never able to run through the woods. A person that spent most of their life without shoes have their soles hardened enough to be able to run without shoes. I wasn't, Twigs, thorns, stumps, that made walking hard and running was just not possible.

In this particular case we are not talking about a little hippie dude, but about a clean cut kid. I don't think he was running without his shoes a lot, especially in November.

The lack of shoes doesn't bother me. I clean goat pens, gather wood for the fire, spread gravel, all barefooted. As do my kids.

Fact is, this child and his siblings were adopted from foster care. We have no idea any of the details of his childhood and any trauma he may have gone through while with his birth parents. He very possibly left the house out of raw emotions and gotten lost in the woods, unable to return. Middle TN woods show no mercy. I can easily see how a young child an get turned around and unable to find home again.

I'll be interested to see the press conference.

I lived in Greece, never wore shoes and could put out a lighting cigarette but with my bare feet without even feeling it.
In Greece, however there was no problem with coldness. I think it's quite conceivable that children move easily , if not better without shoes.
It didn't take very long at all for my feet to build up that kind of resilience, either. Roads were very rocky there too, never got a cut.
If he was accustomed to the forest floor, and they all vary depending upon type of trees, it would not have held him back for long.

Anyway, back to subject matter, just got this
https://twitter.com/WSMVHollyT/status/1328724538654339075?s=20

Praying for good news!

But I'm having a hard time with the idea that anyone went looking for him immediately.

If he ran off into the woods and someone went after him immediately, the overwhelming likelihood is that he wouldn't still be missing close to 48 hours later.

I frankly don't find the argument people are trying to make about running around barefoot themselves as children very compelling.

I did the same thing…but I never did it in 30-40 degree weather.

I don't think see anyone routinely running around outside for hours in 30-40 degree temps.

JMO.
One of reports from yesterday stated he left at 10.30am.
They searched for him when he didn't return. I'm not sure what time people eat lunch? Maybe by then.
When they failed to find him they contacted LE.
He was first listed as endangered which moved to amber alert not very long afterwards.
I'm unclear what time first call was made to LE.

I don't see anyone routinely running around outside for hours in 30-40 degree temps.

JMO.
it was 65 degrees when he ran out barefoot

I live less than 5 miles from this child. We are not within city limits so any law enforcement needs we have are handled by the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Dept. This is a rural county and the local sheriff’s department is not equipped to handle this search on its own. The sheriff is former tbi, so he knows the resources available from them and is very knowledgeable as to when to call them in.

Generally speaking, afaik, most cities/towns (even small ones like Ashland City) have police departments which serve citizens within city limits. Each county has a sheriff’s department which serves the entire county (including within city limits). The police chief or sheriff can request assistance from the TBI and other area law enforcement if he feels it is needed. I don’t know if this is helpful or not.
Thank you yes it’s very helpful

Rsbm
The search grid where officials are looking for the boy is described as very rough, with lots of drop offs and steep inclines.

I just thought of something. If he slipped under/within a rock crevice, IR won’t pick up him up. This is something that I’ve discussed before with a liaison of Rocky Mountain Search and Rescue wrt another case. The rock will block IR detection.

Eta:
I wonder if there is such a thing as a drone fitted with GPR.

JMO.

It was warm when he ran off. Nearly 65!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600