Found Safe TN - Jordan Allen Gorman, 9, Joelton, 15 Nov 2020

Presser:

dual investigation
1. Looking for Jordan
2. Piecing together story/timeline

In many other cases we've all followed, this is often indicative of someone not being completely forthcoming with investigators.
I'm not at all saying that is the case here, but generally, when folks are telling the truth, the timeline/story isn't something that needs a closer look.

jmo

Fact is, this child and his siblings were adopted from foster care. We have no idea any of the details of his childhood and any trauma he may have gone through while with his birth parents. He very possibly left the house out of raw emotions and gotten lost in the woods, unable to return. Middle TN woods show no mercy. I can easily see how a young child an get turned around and unable to find home again.

I'll be interested to see the press conference.
Yes, I totally agree. If in fact he ran away, I think that the fact that he was in foster care may play a part in that running away. My immediate thought in reading the article about how he and his two sisters were adopted was that the story about him running off impulsively made much more sense. I have friends who have adopted from the foster care system. They say that no child ends up in the foster care system without some trauma. And I am surmising that he was likely not a baby when adopted as he had siblings, another indicator for trauma/behavior issues. My heart goes out to this adorable little guy.

And I am still firmly in the "if in fact he ran away" camp. Not ready to get off the fence here. Too many facts missing. Only fact I feel sure of is that a small boy is missing for far too long in the cold.

ETA - feeling much worse after that presser. Thank you @Peppery for the posts. So helpful, but also heartbreaking.

My understanding is the disagreement was around 10:30am, he ran off, they searched for an hour then called police (11:30), leo search began around noon.

I would imagine that they were getting ready for church when all of this happened. Does the church have a website that shows their service times? I will look later but can’t this moment.

IMO MOO

I'm starting to wonder if Mom and Dad were even home when he went missing, Sun morning could they have been at church?
I know in the beginning things are reported and change as the case progresses.
We have heard what Dad has said but nothing from Mom.
Who was home and who made the 911 call?

One thing mentioned in the presser I was happy to hear was that they are confident/satisfied with the equipment they are using re: the challenging terrain (need to watch again, had some issues with the stream). The word “crevice” was used in a question by one of the reporters.

There was something in this PC I can’t say I’ve ever seen before. One of the spokesmen, after the presser, said to the reporters (paraphrasing), “if any of you are hungry, go on inside and have something to eat, the church has plenty of food”. I thought that was very nice.

The TBI Agent who spoke should be commended, one of the better pressor's I've seen.

For those joining late, you can catch a re-play here Wsmv-Tv, Nashville @WSMV (thank you imstilla.grandma).

There may be another pressor this afternoon if there is more information to be released.

Thats Josh DeVine, we've seen him in so many cases. Noah Chamberlin, the teen girl who was taken by her HS teacher, a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. He's an excellent spokesman, I agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back