Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel like the phone records are a big piece of the puzzle that is missing. I know that when my daughter was cyber bullied, we called the police because her bully was creating fake instagram accounts to terrorize her. It took about one week for the police to get a warrant for the accounts. After that, a judge had to approve the warrant and then it was a matter of a few days for instagram to give the police the IP address. Probably about 10 days total.

If the process of getting phone/text/social media records in texas is at all similar, they should have had that info for awhile? Unless they are really behind because of COVID and the many other crimes happening in the area?

I’m not doubting there’s evidence. I know that the Niece mentioned the seats being wet, but I’m wondering if that wasn’t from a sunroof or windows being open. I guess my comment to the other member was that we don’t know that there is or is no evidence, but I’m assuming there may be.
Yea I’m sorry I didn’t respond. I hope they have evidence from the car. I’ve noted in this thread before how in the case of Aniah Blanchard LE first released that her car was found with very carefully crafted pictures. They never mention seeing blood evidence or bullet casings or anything. Then 5 days later they indicated they believed she sustained a life threatening injury in the car. So, I do believe that sometimes we aren’t given all the information.

My statement was based on the statement from the article of there being no signs of violence. I’ll link below. I believe there absolutely is evidence of some sort in that car. I also believe there is evidence somewhere of that car on cctv. But if indeed there is evidence apparently it’s not enough to turn this to a criminal investigation.

We know there are cameras up and down Inwood on businesses. I can see them on the CVS, the Randall Reed Ford dealership and the Wells Fargo and those were the only places I looked.

What I don’t know is how much investigative time LE spent or spends on a case like this in the beginning. I hope these things were gathered. I hope people have been interviewed.

I have actually researched DPD’s capabilities quite a lot. They actually have surveillance cameras throughout the city, a live fusion center, and more. I’m hopeful that some evidence has been captured there.

Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'
His family said they have been told it had no damage or signs of violence.

Welcome to Websleuths!

What I find strange is this: The Verified Family Member said that they hadn't been able to get Alan's phone records, and all they knew is his that last data usage was at 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. If they didn't have his phone records then how would they know what time the last text he received was? Unless the husband sent a text at 6.30 asking where he was and they are assuming it was the last text he received?

Very odd.

Alan's employer may own his phone. So that might be an issue.

Just jumping off your post to answer a thought posted last night. IIRC, per the niece, the car was found in a secluded location as if it was hidden.

We’ve discussed the one mile from the house and gas station regarding CCTV, what about CCTV in the area where the car was found? It could be used to add to the timeline if any is found, not to mention to see who was in the Porsche. I know we just know proximity in relation to where the car was found, but I’m sure you great WS’ers that know google street view can determine which businesses might have picked anything up. Hopefully LE has gone to those lengths but maybe not.

DPD reclassifies Alan White disappearance to ‘endangered’ - Dallas Voice

Dallas police said they couldn’t comment on any new evidence that led them to reclassify Alan White’s disappearance to ‘endangered missing person.’

[...]

View attachment 272913

looks like of the criteria needed to reclassify AW as endangered this would be most applicable -“It is confirmed that an investigation has taken place, verifying that a reasonable explanation for the missing person’s disappearance has been ruled out and that the disappearance poses a credible threat to the health and safety of the missing person.”
Endangered Missing Persons Alert – Texas Center for the Missing

I have to admit I was beginning to think that Alan had voluntarily gone missing, either on his own or possibly with the help of someone else until LE reclassified his disappearance to endangered missing person. After all, what proof of any crime being committed do we have?

We have seen Alan on CCTV both at the LA Fitness car park and at the Gas Station on his own - no sign of anything untoward in the footage.

The family have said he left the Gas Station around 6.00 am and was to all intents and purposes heading towards home just over a mile away.

The VFM has said that there are cameras at the front and back of Alan's house and there was no sign of him returning that morning.

So between the Gas Station and his home, where did he go?

His car was found a week later and was locked. The family have said that they were told there was no damage to the car and no sign of any violence had taken place inside. The VFM said that the seats were wet and the tyres muddy but still nothing to confirm any crime had taken place.

And if a crime has been committed, then what is the motive? We know it's not carjacking as the car has been found and we know it's not robbery as Alan's bank cards have not been used - so what is it then? something to do with home or work? a secret liaison gone wrong? revenge? or some random act for the heck of it?

The key to Alan's disappearance is without doubt the new evidence they have found - if not for that I would still think that Alan had voluntarily gone missing.

I just wished we knew what the new evidence is........

DPD reclassifies Alan White disappearance to ‘endangered’ - Dallas Voice

Dallas police said they couldn’t comment on any new evidence that led them to reclassify Alan White’s disappearance to ‘endangered missing person.’

[...]

View attachment 272913

Does endangered likely mean LE believes someone else is involved? If it was self harm (I don't believe it is) would LE use that term? While I am so sad that Alan is now considered endangered, I hope this means we are getting closer to finding him.

Where are you Alan? All MOO

Does endangered likely mean LE believes someone else is involved? If it was self harm (I don't believe it is) would LE use that term? While I am so sad that Alan is now considered endangered, I hope this means we are getting closer to finding him.

Where are you Alan? All MOO

It doesn't necessarily mean someone else is involved, for instance if Alan had any medical/mental health issues he would be considered at risk for his health as due to the amount of time he's been missing he might have not taken any medication for his condition or maybe missed hospital appointments, etc.

I don't think this would apply to Alan though as I'm sure LE or the family would have mentioned if he had any medical conditions by now.

Search for missing Dallas businessman upgraded to ‘Endangered Missing Person’

As many families gather for Thanksgiving this week, the loved ones of Dallas businessman Alan White say it won’t be the same without him as the holiday marks five weeks since he went missing.

“We should all be together right now,” Alan's younger brother, Tim White, told Dateline. He added that today is their mother’s 82nd birthday and they had plans to visit her in Florida.

[...]

Through Alan’s bank account transactions and security video, Tim and Rusty determined he had left LA Fitness at 5:38 a.m. and paid for gas at 6:01 a.m. at the RaceTrac gas station at Inwood Road and Maple Avenue. Security camera footage shows Alan filling the tank of the car and driving out of the parking lot north toward his home.

(more at link)

Moo the video from the RT gas station (while very valuable) is most likely a dead end. I would think if someone approached him or entered his vehicle for a ride, they would have changed his status to endangered when they first saw it. Im guessing evidence from the recovered vehicle, cell data or new CCTV footage not yet released is providing the key to change the status. I also wanted to share something interesting

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/dallas/article247239329.html

This young man went missing recently in Dallas and was sadly found dead. It seems he was extensively searched for (thankfully) with drones, dogs, by police and thru organized searches. Sure maybe his parents were very vocal etc. but Alans family has been very engaged imo. So Im growing skeptical of the “DPD are too overwhelmed” theory. Was/Is there something they know that leads them to “not even bother” searching? As a member of Alans community, I’m confused and moving toward anger...if I go missing - please search for me ;)

Search for missing Dallas businessman upgraded to ‘Endangered Missing Person’

As many families gather for Thanksgiving this week, the loved ones of Dallas businessman Alan White say it won’t be the same without him as the holiday marks five weeks since he went missing.

“We should all be together right now,” Alan's younger brother, Tim White, told Dateline. He added that today is their mother’s 82nd birthday and they had plans to visit her in Florida.

[...]

Through Alan’s bank account transactions and security video, Tim and Rusty determined he had left LA Fitness at 5:38 a.m. and paid for gas at 6:01 a.m. at the RaceTrac gas station at Inwood Road and Maple Avenue. Security camera footage shows Alan filling the tank of the car and driving out of the parking lot north toward his home.

(more at link)
Ok, so I’m confused here. He looked like he was pumping gas at 5:47 on the video shown at gas station. It’s been said in articles he went into the Racetrac after pumping gas. But the transaction was at 6:01? What is off? It wouldn’t take that long to pump gas? Clocks just off?

Also just noting that in this article Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'
It says that Rusty said one of Alan’s brothers and mom were there within hours. From article: Within hours, Jenkins said he was joined by one of White’s brothers and his mother.
But the article in quote above quotes his only living brother by saying : Within a couple of days, Tim traveled from West Virginia to Texas to join the search for his brother.

Moo the video from the RT gas station (while very valuable) is most likely a dead end. I would think if someone approached him or entered his vehicle for a ride, they would have changed his status to endangered when they first saw it. Im guessing evidence from the recovered vehicle, cell data or new CCTV footage not yet released is providing the key to change the status. I also wanted to share something interesting

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/dallas/article247239329.html

This young man went missing recently in Dallas and was sadly found dead. It seems he was extensively searched for (thankfully) with drones, dogs, by police and thru organized searches. Sure maybe his parents were very vocal etc. but Alans family has been very engaged imo. So Im growing skeptical of the “DPD are too overwhelmed” theory. Was/Is there something they know that leads them to “not even bother” searching? As a member of Alans community, I’m confused and moving toward anger...if I go missing - please search for me ;)
I’ll give my opinion on the boy above found recently. There was outrage by that family & community and they used a platform known to them to express it and the family started searching and were stopped I believe by DPD. A huge community search was planned and then he was found by DPD. But the circumstances were different. He was on foot when last seen. Smash Da Topic, a local news crew that covers breaking news live in south Dallas and Oak Cliff have a few videos and more than any major network in the area on the case you mentioned.

Personally, I don’t understand why no searches for Alan. I don’t know him and it breaks my heart. I don’t think it is necessarily safe to search where the car is found, but I can guarantee I’d be walking both sides of Inwood looking for evidence.

We suggested a few things here, like a Find Alan Facebook page for awareness. Even a community rally to distribute posters would be a great idea! Nowadays people don’t watch the news and as we all know much gets missed on social media. I’ve seen numerous comments online of people saying they hadn’t seen the story. Somebody knows something or saw something.

The media needs something to report. So searches, vigils, interviews give them a reason to report and keep the case in the forefront.

I’ll give my opinion on the boy above found recently. There was outrage by that family & community and they used a platform known to them to express it and the family started searching and were stopped I believe by DPD. A huge community search was planned and then he was found by DPD. But the circumstances were different. He was on foot when last seen. Smash Da Topic, a local news crew that covers breaking news live in south Dallas and Oak Cliff have a few videos and more than any major network in the area on the case you mentioned.

Personally, I don’t understand why no searches for Alan. I don’t know him and it breaks my heart. I don’t think it is necessarily safe to search where the car is found, but I can guarantee I’d be walking both sides of Inwood looking for evidence.

We suggested a few things here, like a Find Alan Facebook page for awareness. Even a community rally to distribute posters would be a great idea! Nowadays people don’t watch the news and as we all know much gets missed on social media. I’ve seen numerous comments online of people saying they hadn’t seen the story. Somebody knows something or saw something.

The media needs something to report. So searches, vigils, interviews give them a reason to report and keep the case in the forefront.

So are you saying you don’t think there is anything related to the case details or odd about the fact that one person was heavily searched for and another person has seemingly not been searched for? I get that he was on foot, it was covered by SDT etc. but that doesn’t seem like it would be the only factors considered when determining if someone should be looked for. MOO

So are you saying you don’t think there is anything related to the case details or odd about the fact that one person was heavily searched for and another person has seemingly not been searched for? I get that he was on foot, it was covered by SDT etc. but that doesn’t seem like it would be the only factors considered when determining if someone should be looked for. MOO
I think they are saying that cases that the family fights to keep in the public eye tend to get more media coverage and thus possibly more attention from LE.

'Just an example of a recently upgraded missing person case in Dallas. These cases are quite different but posting anyway.

Marisela Botello vanished Oct. 4, on the last night of a weekend trip to see her ex-boyfriend in Dallas. The Dallas Police Department Youth Operations Unit on Tuesday upgraded the case of Marisela Botello from “want to locate” to “endangered missing person" on Nov 3. The week prior to this LE released the name of a POI. And, at some point her family released a video showing her leaving a bar with an unknown man. I haven't been following Marisela's case, just read the two linked articles (pre and post upgrade).

Oct 29 report
Missing Seattle Woman, 23, Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving Tx. Bar After Night Out 3 Weeks Ago

Nov 3 report
Seattle woman now considered 'endangered missing person' after last seen in Deep Ellum | wfaa.com

Ok, so I’m confused here. He looked like he was pumping gas at 5:47 on the video shown at gas station. It’s been said in articles he went into the Racetrac after pumping gas. But the transaction was at 6:01? What is off? It wouldn’t take that long to pump gas? Clocks just off?

Also just noting that in this article Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'
It says that Rusty said one of Alan’s brothers and mom were there within hours. From article: Within hours, Jenkins said he was joined by one of White’s brothers and his mother.
But the article in quote above quotes his only living brother by saying : Within a couple of days, Tim traveled from West Virginia to Texas to join the search for his brother.
I was just going to post that discrepancy, maybe one of the reporters got it wrong?

Last edited:
I guess what I’m saying is it would be interesting to see what DPD would say IF a big search was planned for Alan.

Additionally, I’d say, if he were my friend, or in my “circle”, I’d plan a search. I’d get a permit, volunteers, organizations to support the search, donations for flyers, beg every news agency and reporter to investigate, file FOIA’s for every piece of info possible, and then promote it, on my Find Alan page, news and press releases. I’d make myself available for interviews. I’d give NEW info every time or at least state the info in a different way. I’d have the search- followed by another distributing flyers event, followed by a vigil.

And, I would want to know the boundaries of what DPD is legally able to do right now investigatively. Then I’d fill in the gaps any way I could.

There very well may be a reason that there hasn’t been a search. But— they (DPD) isn’t stating anything! Absolutely anything! In many cases, there are press conferences, statements from LE and more. I don’t know if the reporters are asking DPD for a statement? I know in the case you mentioned family was vocal about being upset as was the community. I can say that in cases I’ve followed where there is an active investigative reporter it is helpful. So, I don’t know what to think about this case. <modsnip>

Alan deserves more. His family and friends do as well. The Oaklawn <modsnip> community are likely frightened and deserve answers too.

Sorry for the long winded answer. This one bothers me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member