Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by tamsidea, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamsidea

tamsidea Active Member

Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
    'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
    UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Link to MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2020

2. anonypotomous

anonypotomous On Time Out

JMO, BUT I kind of doubt someone was lurking in their alley just waiting for Alan to get home so they could carjack him. Sure, it could happen, I just don't think it did in the case. Plus, as I recall there are cameras back there.

3. anonypotomous

anonypotomous On Time Out

Yes! I responded to this thread before I read your post. I totally agree.

4. Yesiamapirate

Yesiamapirate Well-Known Member

Good point!

5. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Is there a problem there with homeless and/or drug addicts lingering in the gas station bathrooms?
    It has been previously suggested, iirc, but can imagine someone slipping undetected into Alan's car anywhere his car may have been stopped, ie the gym, the gas station......
    speculation.

6. Jonesjones

Jonesjones Active Member

Agree with all of this. When I also did a Google Street View of the alley, it didn’t seem that the alley for those homes provided car entrances to the homes or driveways. It looked to be walk thru gates only.

7. Rush4087

Rush4087 Well-Known Member

Which again brings up the question of the RT video (or the cell phone video of the RT video): Why did it end where it ended? Why did it not show AW returning to the car, getting in the car, and driving off through the Church's and AutoZone lots? Without that part of the video, how do we (WS'ers) know the vehicle actually did that - and who was inside it at the time?

You'd think there'd have to be video of the car going through the lots and then turning right on Inwood, otherwise, how would the family know that this in fact happened? I guess I just assumed all along that there was additional RT video.

But maybe there is no additional RT video. Maybe the family's knowledge that AW drove off and exited that way is based on video from a different source (say, Church's or AZ?) - and maybe that video only shows the vehicle, but not its occupants? I know, I know, that's a lot of maybe's.

But if AW turned right onto Inwood and then drove straight north for half a mile, it seems there'd have to be additional CCTV footage available that would document that fact, and possibly document any stops he might've made (along that direct route, anyway)

If he stopped at Starbucks, he likely would've turned left into the Wells Fargo bank lot (before reaching Lemmon). If the building in which Starbucks is a tenant doesn't have CCTV, surely you'd think that the WF bank would. There is also a BOA at the Inwood - Lemmon intersection.

If AW perhaps went to the Porsche dealership's unmanned key drop / vehicle pick up (he could've driven directly there through the Starbucks lot, w/o first going out to Lemmon), surely there is CCTV there.

Idk if there would be traffic cams at the Denton and Cedar Springs traffic lights - or at the entrance to the Inwood /Love Field Station parking lot, but it wouldn't surprise me. Even though it's a short drive north, there are plenty of places where one might expect there to be CCTV.

It's just that so much of our (WS'ers) postulation is based on the premise that AW was alone in the car when he left the RT, and that he turned right and headed N on Inwood. If however the vehicle was occupied by more than one person, and/or if it headed S on Inwood, we've got a totally different scenario.

I still think it's most likely that something happened to AW on his way home - after he left the RT. But it's frustrating to have what appears to be only "half" of a video from the RT.

Due to the likelihood (imo) that additional CCTV exists, I believe that LE may have evidence which has not been released to the media, or to the family, or to the public, which is informing their investigation (and which might explain the change in AW's missing person status).

JMO

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  8. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

Trash & recycling pick-up for Alan's street is on Thursdays, which falls on the same day he went missing on 10/22.

1DD30704-7CEB-4987-9348-7164F47E83E7.jpeg
    Residential Garbage Collection

I wonder what time this usually occurs? Was a collector truck blocking his street leading him to either wait or take a detour? Were cans blocking the street causing him to get out and move them? Any garbage/recycling truck workers in the neighborhood that might have seen something? MOO

9. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I linked my original post on this idea of his garage in back. It shows his house does indeed have a garage there.

I also think that mud could’ve gotten in the tires here IF it had been wet recently.

Wow! Super great find.....

Osugal, misgrn, IHAVENOCLUE and 8 others like this.
  10. Dallas Volunteer

Dallas Volunteer Former Member

The Sanitation department tells residents they have until 7am day of pickup to put out their trash.
    Residential Garbage Collection

So the earliest potential pickup would have been at least an hour after he disappeared.

LadyL, misgrn, sassyblue and 8 others like this.
  11. diggndeeperstill

I think one of the biggest keys or missing pieces is who was texting him or what was he doing on phone at the gas station.

12. EnachiTX

EnachiTX Active Member

Makes sense. I missed the comment that they knew for a fact that he didn't come home. I assumed he meant physically entered the garage or house. Modern security cams may not pick up alley activity unless activated by a car/person/animal entering a predefined perimeter (ie. driveway)

13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Mud from the alley? The picture of the garage area was from January 2020, by October some ten months later, surely the area would have been cleaned up?

If as the VI says, there are cameras on the back. I'm going to assume that likely means they are on the garage, that only makes sense. Alan's car wasn't seen by that camera, or any others in that alley which I feel LE or the family went around and inquired about.

Most garbage trucks have rear cameras on them. Also the trash containers in the alley look like the type that have to be manually put on the truck tipper. That means there are two guys riding the rear of the truck, grabbing cans from each side of the alley as the truck moves forward. If they saw something, unusual they would have brought it forward. JMO-

14. EnachiTX

EnachiTX Active Member

Alan's garage(s) were alley access (see attached) - and the next door neighbor and across alley neighbor. Very common. I just moved from a similar area in Dallas where some homes had street facing garages and others alley.

I'm confused by two other thoughts. One, why some think he had to be targeted. In my former hood, people would stroll the alleys (on foot) in the wee hours looking for easy opps. Open garage doors, unlocked cars most often. Second, carjackers do use public transport to get to their target areas. Or, they park remotely and return later to retrieve. So, no need for a car in the alley.

All that said, Rusty said he got home at 615a. Did he park in the garage or in front of the house? If the garage, that would only leave a window of about 15-20min for Alan to get jacked back there. That's seems like mighty long odds.
    I think I just disqualified my own "random alley jacking" theory! ;)

Attached Files:

15. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

AW was one mile from home. He is missing. His car has been found intact. His credit cards have not been used.

Hopefully, LE has his phone records to see who called him last. It would seem to me that this was targeted. He was lured some place to make a stop before going home. There, he met his demise.

What is the motive? Further, what is the motive to hide his body (assuming that he is gone)? I'm assuming that LE has started with the inner circle, eliminating them first.

16. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Never thought of it before now, but there are some other cases where someone has inexplicably gone missing /murdered on garbage days, likely coincidences- but..
    Besides being handy pick up and take away for the quick and dirty disposal seen in the worst type of crime, but the garbage trucks can serve unknowingly as shields for things like kidnapping, robberys ect.
    Those great big trucks could obscure the view of potential witnesses and cctv, not to mention slow down traffic and dull other sounds.
    Is it possible that something was planned to happen specifically on garbage day, or was garbage day an unexpectedly auspicious day for what or who caused Alan to not get back to his home?
    speculation, imo.

17. diggndeeperstill

It was shown above trash collection happened after 7. But cans were probably out.

And yes, mud from the (alley) street. If you drive the alley with Google earth I found three different houses that had tire marks along the side of the alley that were mud. It’s a very narrow alley and I can imagine it would be hard to navigate and get into the garage and/or miss a can that might be obscuring part of the road.

I won’t be convinced that LE actually talked with neighbors since they did not suspect criminal activity in the beginning or even now. I haven’t heard or seen any neighbor indicate they have been interviewed or turned over camera evidence. For that matter Dallas Police Department has not even asked for surveillance footage publicly which is often done in cases. I would have expected that neighbors would’ve looked at their surveillance however.

I personally also know how easy it is to delete camera footage and how long it stays available for my system.

Here’s a link to the alley on Google earth in case anyone wants to look for the tread that I see in the mud.
    Google Earth Link

Google Earth
    #googleearth

Attached Files:

18. diggndeeperstill

I’m just gonna play devils advocate here and brainstorm with you. Because I go round and round with this too.

The last sentence where you say 15-20 minutes to carjack being long odds... it seems like even 2 minutes at an intersection would be even longer odds to go unnoticed and not have an immediate phone all from a witness reporting the crime. And unless there was another stop planned, it happened quickly, or it’s not a carjacking.

So is it not a carjacking at all? If not, IMO it is most definitely a targeted crime. And in both cases, why was the car found in Oak Cliff - locked.

19. diggndeeperstill

Thunderstorms and windy days for home break- ins too!

20. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

margarita25, LadyL, misgrn and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.