Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Long time lurker..first time poster.

Someone help me understand why this case has not had ANY public searches for him and no vigils etc either? I don’t get that at all.

I find it odd that his husband could not get cell records for him or his location per the VI. I have my own location on and shared with only my mother just in case of a problem for either one of us. Why was his own husband totally locked out of his digital life? To me that is odd. We can talk about confidentiality for his job sure but in reality no. It’s very easy to share just a location with another phone. It doesn’t compromise the privacy of either person.

He was really looking at his phone in the gas station video. The VI said his last text was 6:30 (30 minutes after we last see him) and it obviously was someone besides his husband IMO.

<modsnip>

It is so very strange.

I have service thru Verizon but my husband has service w/ AT&T. We don’t use Find My Friends or any other app that shares our location. We both have newer iPhones with the facial recognition security feature. I don’t have the numerical passcode to his phone, and he doesn’t have the passcode to mine.

I’m not hiding anything from him nor do I think he’s hiding things from me. I have no reason or desire to use his phone, and he has no reason or desire to go thru mine. I’m always surprised by the number of people who think this is weird, but I guess every couple is different. Married or not, I think every human being deserves to have a modicum of privacy.

On a completely separate note —
I do all sorts of things on my phone while pumping gas. I read books on my Kindle app, check my bank balance, text friends, read the news, check my email, and even scroll thru threads on Websleuths.

Last edited:
Is there a problem there with homeless and/or drug addicts lingering in the gas station bathrooms?
Yes, and no.

The general area has been steadily gentrifying for years. But, some blocks (including the four block quadrant of the Maple and Inwood intersection) have remained more uhmm….. "olde school" in regards to crime and homelessness.

As a result, there is a homeless population, some of which is drawn by the nearby large Salvation Army thrifts store / shelter / rehabilitation center.

Even still, my impression is that the over all homeless population, while clearly existing, is declining. Then factor in that area homeless have informed me that Salvation Army (aka "Satan's Army" due to rigorous rules) runs a very tight ship.

One is either in their rehab program or you are out. Likewise, one either follows the shelter rules, or you are out. These practices cut down on the "revolving door" mode and probably reduce the number aggressively violent homeless loitering in the area as they cant just pop back into "The Army" when the mood fits them.

So... two answer your question, it is well, uhmm…. yes and no.

I think they are saying that cases that the family fights to keep in the public eye tend to get more media coverage and thus possibly more attention from LE.

Makes sense. I really thought his family was fighting by offering a reward, hiring a PI and releasing video; but I'm new here. Ultimately I was really just wondering if we could read anything into the lack of searching. It sounds like everyone is saying that its not a reflection of what DPD already knows and more about family and community outcry.

This young man went missing recently in Dallas and was sadly found dead. It seems he was extensively searched for (thankfully) with drones, dogs, by police and thru organized searches. Sure maybe his parents were very vocal etc. but Alans family has been very engaged imo.

The Cedar Hill police conducted that investigation as Jorian went missing in Cedar Hill, not Dallas.

It was reported Jorian was acting erratically when he took off running and went missing. Seems like the missing person acting erratically would trigger a different, maybe more immediate, response from police?

Im growing skeptical of the “DPD are too overwhelmed” theory. Was/Is there something they know that leads them to “not even bother” searching?

Is there an assumption being made that police searches are not happening because we are not seeing it reported in the news? Or has it been stated explicitly somewhere?

Last edited:
No searches, now believed to be endangered ect. and all the things many here has been commenting on- starting to wonder if this is a kidnapping situation.
Is Alan's family and LE standing by for that call? speculation.

EnachiTX - Hope you don't mind my using a map you posted in a thread earlier.

A post a couple pages ago got me thinking. It showed the RaceTrac where Alan was last seen in relationship to his home as well as the location of the nearest public transportation stop. I updated the map with an arrow showing where the Park Place Porsche Dealership is located (it's between his home and that RaceTrac).
AlanMap.jpg

I think it may be possible Alan stopped by the dealership to check on the status of his vehicle... perhaps even return the loaner and drive his own Porsche on home. He likely would've found the dealership lot inaccessible at approximately 6am as the Repair Shop doesn't open until 8am. There are gates at every entrance to the lot - and you have to pass through more than one to get to the maintenance area.
Street access gates look to be only about 2' in height. Most appear to be of the hinged variety that latch in the middle. The one back by the shop appeared to be the type that rolls across the driveway along a track.
ParkPlacePorscheDallas 1.jpg ParkPlacePorscheDallas 3.jpg

After gaining access to the "inner parking lot" via one of the above gates - You would additionally have to pass through a taller, sturdier fence-type gate in order to reach maintenance.
ParkPlacePorscheDallas 2.png

I think it's possible Alan may have wanted to check and see if his car was "outside of the shop" which would signify he'd be able to pick up his car in a few short hours. In order to do so - It's possible he hopped out of the loaner car in order to see if he could manually open one of the outer gates...or perhaps even left it running while getting out to get a closer look along the high-fence portion (vehicles parked on the street obstructing his view from within the loaner).
ParkPlacePorscheDallas 4.jpg

This could've led to Alan setting himself up to be the victim of a crime of opportunity by a stranger. He also could've stumbled across some criminal activity being committed by car thieves on the street or employees doing something they shouldn't have been prior to business hours at the dealership.

FWIW - Security cameras seem to be focused on the entrances to the buildings themselves and not out towards the street.

@yurintroubl With high-end dealerships like this you are not depended on seeing your vehicle outside to signify its ready.

I presume you can check the progress (usually an estimated time of when the repair is finished) online.

I also think that's not a place for a stranger to just suddenly move on him. And car thieves whom target vehicles like that, are usually an organized crime group or they have a contract for such a group. And they work at night because their clientele do not want any noise, stealing and shipping high end cars is literally a million dollar business.

We’ve discussed the one mile from the house and gas station regarding CCTV, what about CCTV in the area where the car was found? It could be used to add to the timeline if any is found, not to mention to see who was in the Porsche. I know we just know proximity in relation to where the car was found, but I’m sure you great WS’ers that know google street view can determine which businesses might have picked anything up. Hopefully LE has gone to those lengths but maybe not.

Thank you for saying this!

There has/had to have been CCTV footage of whomever it was that left the loaner car locked.

And car thieves whom target vehicles like that, are usually an organized crime group or they have a contract for such a group. And they work at night because their clientele do not want any noise, stealing and shipping high end cars is literally a million dollar business.

Good point about organized crime being involved in high end car thefts.

As a side note, in California, a good number of the "theft with shopping lists" (list contained brand, model, color and feature preferences) were brokered by the Russian mob in Vladivostok. The stolen luxury cars were loaded onto Russia bound container ships with in a day.

In regards to violence, I agree that the organized crime group has the intelligence to see negative concequences and a long term interest in avoiding violence in the course of filling the "sh0pping list".

Rather, the potential for violence is with the local "contractors" . My impression is that these mob groups almost always use local contractors for the street level work. Though some contractors may adhere to the violence avoidance policy, a contracted street gang could get pretty aggressive in filling orders.

I also agree that either and aggressive or unaggressive contractor would not be loitering at the dealership for a victim and a high end car as they could wait for a very long time for the right car at the right circumstances.

Rather, if the motive was "mafia car shopping order gone bad" I think the situation would be: Couple carjacked in parking lot of exclusive restaurant (alot of luxury cars at any given night- well perhaps not so many with covid). Husband shot to death by panicked car jacker- even though he cooperated. Carjackers fled with high end BMW.

The Cedar Hill police conducted that investigation as Jorian went missing in Cedar Hill, not Dallas.

But the news sources stated it was a Dallas Canine, Dallas Helicopter etc that was performing the searches. My point being they have the time and the capability. I just feel like there is a reason they didn't do this for Alan. Clearly I’m alone in that viewpoint

Last edited:
Without any knowledge of how, when, what & where the Porsche was found we don't have any proof that Alan White didn't park the vehicle himself. MOO

If he parked it himself at least there would be a video of him driving past one of the businesses there, right? I believe the first one on the intersection has a camera on the front.

No searches, now believed to be endangered ect. and all the things many here has been commenting on- starting to wonder if this is a kidnapping situation.

The police have been activating CLEAR alerts in Texas for suspected kidnappings since the program was created last year. I would think it would have been activated by now if they suspected Alan was kidnapped unless they don't in some cases for strategic purposes..

The police have been activating CLEAR alerts in Texas for suspected kidnappings since the program was created last year. I would think it would have been activated by now if they suspected Alan was kidnapped unless they don't in some cases for strategic purposes..
Thanks for the info.
TxDPS - CLEAR Alert

''The below represents CLEAR Alert criteria for the state's network:
  • Is the individual 18 to 64 years of age, whose whereabouts are unknown?
  • Has a preliminary investigation verified the adult is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death or is the disappearance involuntary such as an abduction or kidnapping?
  • Is the clear alert request within 72 hours of the individual's disappearance?
  • Is sufficient information available to disseminate to the public to help locate the individual, a suspect, or the vehicle used in the incident?''

Makes sense. I really thought his family was fighting by offering a reward, hiring a PI and releasing video; but I'm new here. Ultimately I was really just wondering if we could read anything into the lack of searching. It sounds like everyone is saying that its not a reflection of what DPD already knows and more about family and community outcry.
I'm also very curious about this.

Here are my possibilities in order of likelihood, followed by why I don't think they're correct:

1. LE told the family not to search because they have info that Alan has been a victim of foul play.
But, if this is the case, why has there been no apparent movement in the case in over a month?

2. There is evidence of self-harm and the family doesn't want to be the ones to find him.
Seems unlikely because his husband went looking for a possible car crash, so it seems like family want to find him one way or another.

3. Family, LE, or both have reason to believe Alan is no longer in the area.
Again, if so, why hasn't there been any movement? If his phone pinged somewhere Alan could credibly be, he wouldn't be considered endangered IMO.

4. Family isn't in a position to organize a search because they're overwhelmed.
This seems unlikely given the PI and the recent interview with the husband. A friend could organize a search or vigil if family isn't up to it.

It could be because of what they know or suspect, imho yes. But, I honestly don’t think it is. I don’t think they have evidence yet. I think they are limited with what they can do to gain evidence that is personal or privileged information of Alan’s. For instance, I don’t think they can search bank accounts, credit cards, house, computer, life insurance records, will, or security system without permission or warrant. Is it hard to get a warrant without evidence of foul play? Remember in the eyes of LE adults can choose to disappear if they want and they have rights to privacy. I do think they can use all the city resources available to them, cameras, etc. but how much time do they spend doing that is my question.

Why were the family the ones to release video and not DPD? Could it be part of the appeal to a possible perp? Or is it because DPD isn’t investigating but looking for tips only?

We also don’t know if the family still has a PI? Maybe they have run through funds for one?

It would be great for a reporter to ask to interview the detective on the case, or the PI, gym manager, Racetrac manager, etc.

Have we even seen an official statement from KPMG? Why not? Why aren’t they backing a search?

Can Texas Equusearch be called in? Has anyone asked for their help? The family can request their FREE help. Report a Person Missing

Hound those reporters to dig into this case.

I guess what I’m saying is it would be interesting to see what DPD would say IF a big search was planned for Alan.

Additionally, I’d say, if he were my friend, or in my “circle”, I’d plan a search. I’d get a permit, volunteers, organizations to support the search, donations for flyers, beg every news agency and reporter to investigate, file FOIA’s for every piece of info possible, and then promote it, on my Find Alan page, news and press releases. I’d make myself available for interviews. I’d give NEW info every time or at least state the info in a different way. I’d have the search- followed by another distributing flyers event, followed by a vigil.

And, I would want to know the boundaries of what DPD is legally able to do right now investigatively. Then I’d fill in the gaps any way I could.

The longer this goes on the more the mind boggles as to WHY it seems NO ONE is doing ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value