Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always thought he disappeared of his own volition. Either self harm, or just stepped away. Nothing else makes sense based on the facts we know.

Carjackers take cars and use them in other crimes or strip them. Either a body or a traumatized victim is soon found and the victim’s bank accounts are accessed. Or at least attempted. Street gangs don’t hide bodies. Hitmen need to produce a body to be paid.

Might change my mind if it turns out the car yields interesting evidence. Only reasonable murder in my mind would involve someone close to him with a very personal reason to want him dead. And that person would have to have no expectation of collecting insurance money (since there’s no body). Just seems very unlikely.

I agree with everything you stated. We are on the same page.

Some have eluded to the spree killer recently taken into custody. His MO was completely different. He killed or shot people at random, not left the victims where he found them.

A car jacker very rarely, if ever, takes the victim with them. That is way too risky! If this were a car jacking, the car would have been off to a chop shop or Mexico the day of.

if this is a murder of any description, it was well planned out, given the fact that there is no body located this long into the case.

Occam’s Razor - I don’t think it’s as complex as many think. Hopefully there are some answers soon, especially for his family’s sake.

Does anyone think this could be a self-harm case? I keep going back and fourth with scenarios. This case really just blows my mind.
While nothing is impossible as I've learned on many other threads, in this particular case I see absolutely no evidence of self harm or walk away whatsoever, so no.

First, he was working out that morning, a sign of health and self care, and his general well groomed appearance spoke to self care. Second, according to hubby, he had a long list of to-do's on his desk and had an outing planned with his niece to look at wedding venues with her. He had plans. Third, his demanding occupation requires vigor and stability; check. Fourth, and most important, his husband did not report any unusual behavior or circumstances leading up to his disappearance.

While there are no absolutes in a missing persons case like this, I see absolutely zero pointers toward a self imposed disappearance. What I *do* see, is a fancy schmancy car that ended up in a bad part of town, apparently concealed to some degree. The surrounding area has a jail, a large landfill, and is just in a bad area in general.

As to why the car was dumped vs. chopped or reworked for a shady sale, my guess is that after closer examination, the Perp determined it was a dealer vehicle and likely thought it had GPS tracking, so dropped it like a hot potato. Again, there should absolutely be plenty of video evidence from the path this Perp had to take to get from Alan's area to where the car ended up.
As for Alan, well, we have a somewhat unspoken rule that as long as earthly remains haven't been recovered, we keep up hope and active searches. I just took a "walk" around the area where the car was found via Google street view. That car would have stuck out like a huge sore thumb. The area is full of pawn shops, and other markers of a depressed area. There losts of car salvage shops, truck related industrial shops, *a large land fill*, and so forth. There are also a lot of small lakes in this area as well.

Praying for answers for Alan's husband and loving family.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Well if you’re going to go that route, there’s zero evidence or facts that we know of period. About anything. I didn’t realize we needed evidence to speculate. There’s no evidence or facts that he was carjacked either. We have so little to go on, we’re grasping at straws. :(

I agree... we are grasping at straws. While anything is possible, it seems fairly easy to use common sense to rule out the least likely things that could have happened and speculate from there. This could be the wrong way to go about MP cases but it's just the way I think.

ETA: It seems evident to me, somewhere between RT and home he stopped his vehicle. Now, why and where did this happen?

jmo

I guess we shouldn't discount any scenario with so few known facts, but LE and family know far more than we do.

If self-harm was a strong possibility, would LE change his status to endangered missing?

On October 22, 2020, the Dallas Police Department Youth Operations received a Missing Person report regarding James Alan White. The report was originally documented as a “Want To Locate” on case number 188623-2020. Due to recent developments in the investigation, the report has been changed from a “Want to Locate” to an “Endangered Missing” person.
DPD reclassifies Alan White disappearance to ‘endangered’ - Dallas Voice

I'm just not feeling this was a case of self-harm. Alan seems like a very family oriented person, he was excited about being involved in the wedding planning with the VI. Would he choose to harm himself and disappear when the VI & finance were actually at the home? Maybe, but it seems unlikely. If he wanted to self-harm, why not pull over on the side of the road somewhere and he would be found? Why go to such elaborate effort to hide the vehicle he was driving and then his own body?

I feel this is either a random or targeted abduction/murder. Leaning moreso to targeted, as he still hasn't been found.

I agree... we are grasping at straws. While anything is possible, it seems fairly easy to use common sense to rule out the least likely things that could have happened and speculate from there. This could be the wrong way to go about MP cases but it's just the way I think.

ETA: It seems evident to me, somewhere between RT and home he stopped his vehicle. Now, why and where did this happen?

jmo
Yes, if we can pinpoint this, it would certainly be helpful! In looking at a satellite view of the path from the gas station to his home, here is what I note (could mean nothing, just observations):

Surrounding the gas station: Tire shop, auto repair shop, pizza, chicken
From gas station heading down Inwood, which is a straight shot to the right turn on to his street (just under a mile): Big apartment complex close to gas station, assortment of usual fast food places, etc. en route, Car dealership at about 1/2 way mark between gas station and turn on to Alan's street, another car dealership 2/3 of way, 3/4 of way between gas station and turn to Alan's street you enter a residential area, then Alan's street turn on right.

What jumps out at me is the number of car related services; dealerships, tire places, and other car related shops in the first 3/4 of the drive on Inwood between the gas station and Alan's turn. ALOT of car related shops. There are also a LOT of industrial car/truck related shops where Alan's loaner was found. This is all about that CAR.

I know there are plenty of car related shops everywhere, but the density of them in the two main areas (gas station to Alan's home, and where the car was found) is notable to me.
As to where the car was stopped, I speculate not far from the gas station....not far at all.

Yes, if we can pinpoint this, it would certainly be helpful! In looking at a satellite view of the path from the gas station to his home, here is what I note (could mean nothing, just observations):

From gas station heading down Inwood, which is a straight shot to the right turn on to his street (just under a mile): Big apartment complex close to gas station, assortment of usual fast food places, etc. en route, Car dealership at about 1/2 way mark between gas station and turn on to Alan's street, another car dealership 2/3 of way, 3/4 of way between gas station and turn to Alan's street you enter a residential area, then Alan's street turn on right.

What jumps out at me is the number of car related services; dealerships, tire places, and other car related shops in the first 3/4 of the drive on Inwood between the gas station and Alan's turn. ALOT of car related shops. There are also a LOT of industrial car/truck related shops where Alan's loaner was found. This is all about that CAR.

I know there are plenty of car related shops everywhere, but the density of them in the two main areas (gas station to Alan's home, and where the car was found) is notable to me.
As to where the car was stopped, I speculate not far from the gas station....not far at all.

Amateur opinion and speculation[/QUOTE)

I was surprised when I read (I believe from his brother) that there is video of him leaving the gas station and passing several business. It seems like the easiest explanation is a car jacking/robbery, but the most likely scenarios for that is when one has stopped, and especially has gotten out of the vehicle. So, wonder if he stopped at any of those "car-related" places after the gas station stop?

I know that Inwood is a busy route, but I do believe that a car-jacking can happen within seconds. Also, I'm trying to remember if it would have still been dark at that time in the morning. I really think that's the scenario we're looking at here. This is early morning: How many people are really paying attention to much outside of the car in front of them, the light that just turned yellow, the meeting they're mentally preparing for, their son/daughter who's in a troubled relationship, their hideously long "to-do" list for the day, etc., etc., etc. This is early morning, and many of us are on auto-pilot at this point. I just can see this happening in "plain day", so to speak, and no one seeing it. But especially, at a business, where he's out of the car, either just having stepped out or come back to it after going inside to make a purchase or something.

It wouldn't even have to be two perps. Someone puts a gun to the head, a knife to the throat, etc. Thought they might be able to get some more money out of him -maybe have him drive home to get valuables, etc., then Alan tells them someone's at home. Plans change at that point, and Alan has to disappear. Sad, but I think it's something along these lines.

Sorry, haven't read the whole thing, but this gentleman wasn't having legal problems, was he?
I'll preface this by saying we know little about Alan's life- other than he was married, worked out at LA Fitness, drove a Porsche, worked at KPMG, liked restoring & flipping mid-century homes, and was an awesome human being. That said, in a court record search in the City/County he lives in, I have found no evidence of legal issues with Alan.

I agree that at some point from RT to his home he had to have stopped again. I was thinking more along the lines of what would someone typically stop for early in the morning? He already worked out and got gas. Someone else mentioned maybe he stopped at the dealership to see if he could get his vehicle. I think it may have been a little too early for that unless he made arrangements with the dealership the night before to pick it up early. The other thing I think someone may stop for, early in the morning, after their workout, and on their way home to have a conference call would be coffee. Are there any coffee shops on his way home? I wish his family would tell us what his typical mornings were like. I think that would give us some better insight into where/what he stopped for on his way home.

Do we know that he regularly drove a Porsche? It would make sense since his loaner was a Porsche so I assume it was a Porsche dealer.

The concern I have with a carjacking-then-dumping-the-car-because-it’s-a-dealer-car-that-may-have-GPS-tracking scenario is that his loaner car had dealer plates, so it seems like that scenario would be known up front. But again, stupid criminals could make a mistake.

This case is so frustrating. I’m still leaning toward a botched carjacking, but I can understand why some suspect self harm. I wouldn’t rule that out. Could it be that the family revealed to LE that perhaps Alan struggled with depression/was on meds/being treated by a doctor for mental health issues be why they moved his status to endangered? I think it’s possible, but more likely in my mind it was something like this:
* He left the RT, no cars were in the immediate area, a person convinced him to roll down window & then brandished a weapon & proceeded to try to take his car but Alan struggled & was killed right there. Carjacker can’t exactly push his body into the road & speed away when cars were probably starting to pass by so he jumped in car & left area w/Alan in car. (This could have all happened in seconds.) Drove to South Dallas & disposed of body, probably w/help (they really need to search that landfill and lake & any woods in that area!). Then hid car in a garage or whatever but then Alan’s case hit the news and he/they got scared & dumped car where it was found. Maybe hosed down seats where Alan would have been? Surely LE would have some evidence then. LE would have some video too I would think! But not enough to ID carjacker?*

All speculation, but it’s most logical to me at the moment. MOO

I agree that at some point from RT to his home he had to have stopped again. I was thinking more along the lines of what would someone typically stop for early in the morning? He already worked out and got gas. Someone else mentioned maybe he stopped at the dealership to see if he could get his vehicle. I think it may have been a little too early for that unless he made arrangements with the dealership the night before to pick it up early. The other thing I think someone may stop for, early in the morning, after their workout, and on their way home to have a conference call would be coffee. Are there any coffee shops on his way home? I wish his family would tell us what his typical mornings were like. I think that would give us some better insight into where/what he stopped for on his way home.
Rusty Jenkins, Alan's husband speaks in a video at link. This is really the extent of details family is currently releasing. Maybe LE has told them not to speak about details, or they are instinctively protecting the investigation.

Police Upgrade Search for Missing Dallas Executive to ‘Endangered Missing Person'

Last edited:
I just feel like his morning was super routine & usual right up until it wasn’t. Yes he went to a different gas station, but the reason speculated was that there was some crime w/blocked off streets that morning near his typical gas station.

Hi everyone, I want you all to know that Alan is the most kind and caring person and there’s no way he would ever willingly just up and disappear. As soon as Rusty told me Alan didn’t come home I started to panic. Rusty thought maybe he got into a car accident and I remember thinking oh no I hope that’s not the case. But as the hours passed I actually started to hope that was the case. Rusty had already tried texting and calling his phone and driving by the gym and calling the hospitals and there was just no sign of him. He wasn’t planning on stopping anywhere else. I saw some suggest picking up pastries or something for us but he had already asked us earlier in the week what we’d like for breakfast when he went shopping for the week.

Rusty knew Alan was going to stop for gas either before or after the gym. We don’t know why he took that route home but we think it may be because the gas station he would’ve gone to was robbed earlier that morning and he wanted to avoid that road in case the police had it closed off.

Masked Robbers Shoot 7-Eleven Clerk Twice At Oak Lawn Store, Then Take Off

We haven’t been able to get the phone records. All we know is his last data usage was at like 6:01 am and last text he received was around 6:30 am. He would’ve charged his phone overnight so we think the SIM card was taken out.

I have seen a satellite view of where the car was found but I don’t remember the exact location. It was in a secluded area and looked like someone was trying to hide it. The seats were also wet and there was mud on the tires. It had rained really hard the day after he went missing.

We also know for a fact he didn’t make it home. There are cameras on the front and back of the house and his car never shows up.

Other details I can’t give out right now.

thelastunicorn, Nov 14, 2020Report
#738Unlike
TX - TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020

Bringing the VI's post forward-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics