Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Roadette @websleuther2020 are you able to tell us about if Alexis posted at all Thursday or Friday on any of her social media accounts?

She does not have a traditional post on her profile past November 22nd with the location listed as Tulum. If she posted a story on Thanksgiving it would have disappeared after 24 hours unless saved to one of her highlights. I have not looked at them yet.

A lot of these social media darlings/influencer types are a bit self-absorbed. Perhaps a bit of competitiveness we're detecting? Or subtle attempts at redirecting attention to themselves, even?

I think this was a rather accurate way of describing this aspect of our culture, the new norms, and how a lot of people in the digital industry are indeed quite self-absorbed because they have to be.
If they want to be the most successful at what they do anyway, and it is definitely a super competitive marketplace. I know a young man in the entertainment vlogging business and he's 100% like this, and also a very well mannered young man.

I think it goes a long way in understanding certain things about cases like Alexis', if we have a better understanding of the influencer industry & society.

jmo

She does not have a traditional post on her profile past November 22nd with the location listed as Tulum. If she posted a story on Thanksgiving it would have disappeared after 24 hours unless saved to one of her highlights. I have not looked at them yet.

Wait. She was in Tulum as recently as 11/22? I knew she had gone and wanted to move there.. but wow that is recent. Did she bring someone back with her? So many unknowns.

jmo

Wait. She was in Tulum as recently as 11/22? I knew she had gone and wanted to move there.. but wow that is recent. Did she bring someone back with her? So many unknowns.

jmo
JMO - she did not say she was in Tulum at the time of the post. It may have been a throwback photo. I think it’s entirely unclear. Can anyone tell about Snapchats or is that all disappeared by now (especially if you weren’t her friend at the time)?

Do we know why she moved to Houston? Seems like an odd place for an inspiring influencer from PA to move to.

Her mother said she loved to travel, wanted to relocate somewhere warm (south). Houston is probably more up and coming of an area than the small northwestern PA town where she grew up, and I would think more career opportunity.

I’m sad. I wish she would have moved to Pittsburgh. Not Houston, but maybe she’d still be alive.

jmo

Because he wanted her to be legally and offcially dead, I presume.

If a person thinks they might be a prime suspect when a person becomes deceased in their presence it's possible they might remove the body from the premises. To further ensure that no incriminating evidence could be left on the body (animal hair, their hair, etc) they remove all clothing and personal belongings.

Even a death from misadventure or drug related some people panic and flee the scene or remove the body to avoid scrutiny.

@Roadette @websleuther2020 are you able to tell us about if Alexis posted at all Thursday or Friday on any of her social media accounts?

As someone else mentioned, she may have posted a story but it would be gone by now.

Her last social media posts (all publicly available info - excludes time bound posts like stories which would have erased by now):

TikTok - 11/5
Instagram - 11/22
Facebook - 11/24
Venmo - 11/25

Last edited:
Or she’s just a stoic person.
She strikes me as a strong person who feels great responsibility to make sure her daughter is remembered for being intelligent and lighting up the lives of those around her. Her mom also said she expects to be an advocate to prevent this kind of tragedy in the future. And she is a mom to children who just lost their big sister and she therefore feels responsibility to hold it together for her family. I do not think she is sedated. I think she is busy seeking justice and protecting her daughter’s legacy. JMO.

As someone else mentioned, she may have posted a story but it would be gone by now.

Her last social media activity (all publicly available info - excludes time bound posts like stories which would have erased by now):

TikTok - 11/5
Instagram - 11/22
Facebook - 11/24
Venmo - 11/25
THANK YOU! Was she mostly a stories girl or was this unusual to have so few traditional posts?

If unusual, she may truly have been depressed :( :(:( but even if that led to accidental death or self harm, someone still most likely dumped her body.

If self harm or accidental, the question would be, was it someone she met after hopping the fence o_O or was it someone at home (but only reason I can think that would happen is if person at home is an idiot - possible!- or culpable -provided substance, high too etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname