Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the local perspectives y’all. This is not a tight timeline case at this point so I don’t think the minutes of the trip matters.

The fact is either footage will show someone hopping the patio fence and getting into a car at their complex — or it won’t. They must know this by now unless something went terribly wrong with security at the complex.

we already see reports there is footage of a vehicle in the dump site. Either it will match a known vehicle or it won’t.

We have very little idea of when AS was last seen, especially by anyone other than her spouse. But there were plenty of hours so despite the hasty dumping, travel time is not a prime concern. JMO.

Unfortunately, it happens a lot...my neighborhood friend in 1972 (19 years old) was found nude and dead in a large open community park not far from where we all lived--she was not hidden in the park. She was last seen getting into a vehicle with a group of men the day before she was found in the park--she decided to catch a ride with them--spur of the moment decision. I knew the detective on the case--he said six different sperm were found in her during the autopsy. No, they didn't find the culprits--even though this occurred on an island where everyone knew everyone...Being young and female without a lot of experience dealing with potentially dangerous situations--such as the devastating case of M. Lueck--can end up where a seemingly friendly social connection turns quickly into a deadly one with no way of getting out.
Horrific! I am so sorry!

Not that I’ve seen.

Many cases I’ve followed here have similar scenarios. Argument, woman “left on foot”, found dead. Unfortunately in those cases the woman never left on foot and was actually murdered by person who gave that story. Not saying that’s the case here of course. There have been shocking cases too like Heidi Broussard where husband looked guilty as heck but it was her female friend who murdered her. Waiting this one out. Can’t say much.
I feel like you do. I have a couple of theories, I am leaning more one way, but without more information it is really hard to figure out.

This is a very fitting local take indeed! Global warming is killing me y’all. My pleather pants are hanging in the closet just waiting for cold weather and now as it starts I am opting out of all the Christmas cocktail parties due to Covid guilt. Phooey! I digress. I am doubtful that the elements alone could have taken AS.
The elements did not take off her clothes.

It’s very eerie to me. I grew up in the area and still live close. My family is buried at Memorial Oaks Cemetery across from where she was found. My stepsister was murdered on the other side of i10 in 1990 and I worked in the office building next to the Omni where she was found. I just can’t imagine anyone that knows the area would leave her there unless they wanted her found.

Why would they sit outside for hours? Why not look for her? Strange.

IMHO, covid didn’t keep her from going home. She was ok with spending Thanksgiving with a group of people so something else was the reason. She was possibly in Mexico the week before, so COVID wasn’t the reason.

A couple things I’m wondering. The friend whose mom was in town from Mexico made me wonder if other family may have come as well. Maybe someone Alexis spent time with.

I do wonder if friends knew there may have been another person she was interested in and that’s why alarm bells didn’t immediately sound? Did they think she was with someone else?

Would Alexis feel like she would need a “reason” to leave her marriage or did she truly have a reason.
I agree. It would make zero sense to say you weren't going home at the end of November, due to Covid, but yet you planned to be there for Christmas. There will still be Covid (even more so) at Christmas. This wasn't about Covid, IMHO.

I agree. It would make zero sense to say you weren't going home at the end of November, due to Covid, but yet you planned to be there for Christmas. There will still be Covid (even more so) at Christmas. This wasn't about Covid, IMHO.

It was Alexis’s mother who said she didn’t come for Thanksgiving due to Covid, so we really don’t know if she asked her not to, or if Alexis herself said no. PA had been discouraging Thanksgiving travel due to a recent uptick in cases. Her mom may have asked if she would come home for Christmas and she said, oh sure, yes.

There’s a lot of that going on.. I have said the same thing to my out of town family - oh yes, I hope to be there! We keep giving ourselves false hope that it’s going to get better soon. Plus, her mother just lost her daughter and she’s thinking of the next holiday she won’t see her, thinking she could have, but now she cannot. And never, ever will again.

jmo

With academic achievements like that, Alexis could have become a doctor.

<modsnip>

Very tragic. RIP Alexis.
This pretty well covers it although it could be someone else involved in the social media industry other than a follower. We certainly see a disproportionately high number of one kind of "influencer" or another turn up dead. Suspicion always falls directly on the husband of course and even in these cases its statistically valid but in cases with an absence of conclusive physical evidence motive sure does often end up being very complicated - often more so than investigators are able to work out enough to bring charges.

It seems like her friends had a good idea about what she was afraid of though so investigators probably have a jumping off point in this one that they're right to not be informing the public of.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Throw it away. She actually hated that word. She wasn't an 'influencer.' She was a businesswoman," said Robinault. "Honestly, I know it's the way she's being spoken about ... that she was an 'influencer,' but I feel like she would have honestly hated that title so much. She wasn't trying to influence anything. She was a smart, savvy, successful businesswoman. That's how I want everyone to remember her."

Alexis Sharkey's sister speaks out about her death

Well for what it’s worth, I wouldn’t call her an influencer. She was more like an unpaid Instagram model. She was good at it, but from what I’ve learned, she was more so just deep in an MLM aka pyramid scheme. That’s how she was a business lady. She wasn’t your average influencers. Influencer influencers get sponsored posts, are sent PR packages and free products, offer promo codes, have brand deals, all that jazz. They get paid more with more followers. That’s how they can afford their luxe apartments, fancy clothes, vacations etc. You can really only make so much in an MLM...you might get vacations sometimes but I wonder what her husband does because she appears to be living a really fancy life...but she’s not making Influencer Money. More followers/engagement, more money for influencers. I don’t think MLMs work that way. I honestly have a great deal of respect and admiration for her, she worked hard on her feed and building her brand but she wasn’t really making money doing it like influencers do. Which means she actually LOVED doing it. It was an actual passion of hers. She was working her butt off because she loved what she was doing.
Though. If I were her, I know I’d sometimes feel stuck...she was probably approached by a quite a few companies and businesses but had to turn them down. JMO but I think being in an abusive relationship can make someone unhappy, maybe she felt stifled because in her monat contract.

Jmo

It’s very eerie to me. I grew up in the area and still live close. My family is buried at Memorial Oaks Cemetery across from where she was found. My stepsister was murdered on the other side of i10 in 1990 and I worked in the office building next to the Omni where she was found. I just can’t imagine anyone that knows the area would leave her there unless they wanted her found.
I am very sorry you lost your step sister. Perhaps you could provide me with some information. After viewing Hou Dat's video of the area where AS was found, it struck me as being a quick detour off the main road where people frequently go to park and hang out for a while...is that a correct assessment of what goes on there?

In fairness, I’m giving this a second thought. Could be that despite what her mother might think, AS stayed in Texas for the holiday - not due to covid - but due to a new guy, work, marital problems, or other unnamed reasons. If that’s what you meant, I acknowledge - that is possible.

I just noticed the bolded phrase in the sister interview article. Taken literally, this could mean they know the cause of death, but are not yet prepared to rule on the manner of death - homicide, or accidental. Could be a while before it’s conclusive. jmo

“We know police are awaiting autopsy results from the Harris County Medical Examiner's Officer. The ME told ABC13 there is no timeframe on when a manner of death may be ruled.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993