Found Deceased CT - Lizzbeth Aleman Popoco, 27, East Haven, night of 30 June 2020

@LissetteNunezTV
Sad update. Police confirm body found behind Branford restaurant is missing mother Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca. Owner of the restaurant says the victim's husband, Jonathan Jara, worked there for 7 years. Jara hadn't shown up for work since last week.

@LissetteNunezTV
Sad update. Police confirm body found behind Branford restaurant is missing mother Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca. Owner of the restaurant says the victim's husband, Jonathan Jara, worked there for 7 years. Jara hadn't shown up for work since last week.
I feel so sorry for her family. Her sister and dad look heartbroken. If Jara did this, that poor little girl lost both parents. RIP Lizzbeth

sigh...that's the most dangerous time in a relationship - IMO.
I hear that, I’m one of the lucky ones myself but I don’t doubt for a second if my guardian angels weren’t looking over my daughter and I that day that I wouldn’t be reading about the unfortunate women who aren’t so lucky. My heart is heavy for her loved ones.

Another perp did the same thing recently, when I think of the case I'll come back and post. He wanted to keep an eye on the body and know if anyone was nosing around.
While dumb, I guess that makes sense, although I read JJ only went to work once since LAP's disappearance. I guess you never know how you'll react in a circumstance like this.

@LissetteNunezTV
Another mother gone and a beautiful life lost - when will this stop?
JMO

Did I miss something? This article states both parents won't be coming back?
Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca's Family Wants Justice

Reporter's publication of a quote from Lizzbeth's dad, family assumption is that he ( Jonnathan X. Jara-Aucapina) is the perpetrator. No further information has/will be released at this time. Translation: covering all "bases", waiting on toxicology and more. N. B. remember that temp & humidity have been high in the region ('nuf said)

I just wanted to post a photo of this young mother lost to the world. She deserves at least that.

3f760f13-f39b-4050-aa9d-eaadfd55fcf5___16151016301.jpg

Rest in peace Lizzbeth.
:rose:

Did some searching around today for any updates on this case and sadly did not find anything new from LE or MSM directly. No arrests or suspects named as of yet.

That being said, there's this thoughtful article from a local arts and culture community group in New Haven. Family, friends, activists and neighbors gathered to stand against violence against women and bring attention to Lizzbeth's death.

I've pulled two quotes from the article. The first paragraph is a quote paraphrasing a statement from Lizzbeth's sister, Yane, and the last two paragraphs are a brief memo provided by LE.

The Arts Council of Greater New Haven
Caravan Calls For "Justice For Lizzbeth"

Lucy Gellman | August 16th, 2020

"In early July, she said her sister’s husband lied to the family about Alemán-Popoca’s whereabouts, saying that she had run away to Mexico. Alemán pushed back: she had found out that her sister’s car was still in East Haven, as were all of her belongings."

"Capt. Joseph Murgo, public information officer with the East Haven Police Department, said...the department is still waiting on a final cause of death from the Connecticut Office of Chief Medical Examiner and that the department has made 'significant progress' since July 16.

'This is an extremely complex case with help from multiple agencies including the New Haven FBI and State Police Central District Major crime squad,' he wrote in an email Sunday evening. 'We are confident that Lizzbeth and her family will get the justice that she and all domestic violence victims deserve but we can’t jeopardize the thoroughness of the investigation for the sake of expeditiousness.'”

Last edited:
Able to release COD: Asphyxia, MOD: homicide, East Haven & CSP continue investigation. (insider hint: POI remains under direct observation).

@DavePuglisiTV

Family and friends of Lizzbeth Aleman-Popoca are gathering to celebrate her life during a Day of the Dead celebration. The 27 yo mother was found murdered and buried in a shallow grave in July. No one has been arrested for her murder.
Lizzbeth’s sister Yaneth (left) holds this banner. She is taking care of Lizzbeth’s daughter. She never thought she’d be celebrating her beloved sisters memory this holiday.

Attachments

• E7CF60FE-0926-4D5A-9464-45DAE1A6EBE1.jpeg
    E7CF60FE-0926-4D5A-9464-45DAE1A6EBE1.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 16
  • FF5BCEE9-4943-4E8A-A012-6E993CA1F729.jpeg
    FF5BCEE9-4943-4E8A-A012-6E993CA1F729.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors