TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>
When a person dies, if they have a will, their will controls what happens to their assets. You can say anything you want in your will. I can give my entire estate to my dog as long as I am clear and my will is properly executed.

If a person dies without a will, their assets will be distributed in probate according to the laws of intestate succession in their state. Generally, if the decedent has a spouse, everything goes to the spouse. If the decedent has no spouse but children, everything goes equally to the children. If the decedent has no spouse and no children, everything goes to the parents. If the decedent has no spouse, no children, and his parents are deceased, his assets would be distributed equally between his siblings. There are specific rules about if one sibling is deceased but leaves children (nieces and nephews of the decedent) and it can get complicated.

So if one brother dies without a will (with no spouse and no children), and his mother is still alive, his estate would transfer to his mother on his death. His siblings would get nothing. Transferring property to yourself when you are POA for a dying person when that property would otherwise properly go to the dying person's heir (mother, for example), can be considered a fraudulent transfer.

ETA: the first $11.8 million in an estate transfers tax free in 2020 so if your estate is estimated to be under that number, there are no estate taxes when your property passes to your heirs.

I'm still researching and cannot find the answer. Anyone here know?

If you quick deed/quick claim as he did... does that have the same implications as to going through probate without taxes?

I had no idea, is it correct, that I can to a quitclaim today on my property and it would not have taxes from my estate, or needed from them?

I'm trying to understand still as putting it in a will at that low amount would have no taxes to either the estate or the person getting the property.

Would there be blinds in the driver's cabin as well?
Most have a curtain that is pulled to separate the living/driving area. If the people have swivel seats or want to control the stereo, many make DIY curtains which enclose the whole driving area so they have access while camping.

<modsnip>
When a person dies, if they have a will, their will controls what happens to their assets. You can say anything you want in your will. I can give my entire estate to my dog as long as I am clear and my will is properly executed.

If a person dies without a will, their assets will be distributed in probate according to the laws of intestate succession in their state. Generally, if the decedent has a spouse, everything goes to the spouse. If the decedent has no spouse but children, everything goes equally to the children. If the decedent has no spouse and no children, everything goes to the parents. If the decedent has no spouse, no children, and his parents are deceased, his assets would be distributed equally between his siblings. There are specific rules about if one sibling is deceased but leaves children (nieces and nephews of the decedent) and it can get complicated.

So if one brother dies without a will (with no spouse and no children), and his mother is still alive, his estate would transfer to his mother on his death. His siblings would get nothing. Transferring property to yourself when you are POA for a dying person when that property would otherwise properly go to the dying person's heir (mother, for example), can be considered a fraudulent transfer.

ETA: the first $11.8 million in an estate transfers tax free in 2020 so if your estate is estimated to be under that number, there are no estate taxes when your property passes to your heirs.

thanks so much.. I'm following the logic and understanding.

But what if someone was alive and did a quick claim to someone (not considering they did so AFTER death). But if before death, what is the reason to do such vs. within a will?

I haven't yet seen an answer from a lawyer as to such as you.

e.g. can I today, this minute, do a quick claim to someone with having taxes attached if a low value under the IRS million dollar limit? If I die, and is my inheritance.. it has no taxes at that amount.

I thought that doing quick claim has tax implications.. just wondering as this is so complex here and trying to understand the basics.

TIA

The officer stated he walked around the camper (what nerves of steel!) and said that the blinds were closed, couldn't see inside. Camper arrived at 1:22 am, I wonder if the perpetrator was setting things up inside during the few hours before the explosion. Or if he closed the blinds shortly before the explosion.

What I found as the most interesting comments by those in the presser was that one of them said that they saw a camera above the rear view mirror in the front, and thought that they were being watched.

And also in presser, they said.. which was opposite from MSM was that the found NO SHELL casings.

MOO

Is this the first we've seen at least one of the FBI tips be described? This article states:

The FBI was said to have received two tips concerning Warner prior to the explosion, including one from a person who reported that he was making bombs in his RV in August 2019.
Yes, originally claimed here:
Nashville suspect 'was reported to police for making bombs in his RV in 2019'

Also from the article:

Warner, missing since the huge explosion tore through downtown Nashville, is also believed by police to have once had a relationship S’s mother.

S is believed to have told investigators she has never met Warner but she last spoke to him a week before Thanksgiving.

She has also passed on the letter he sent to her to the FBI.

Last edited:
Is this the first we've seen at least one of the FBI tips be described? This article states:

The FBI was said to have received two tips concerning Warner prior to the explosion, including one from a person who reported that he was making bombs in his RV in August 2019.
I believe it is. And if it's true, then someone had an idea of what he doing back then. The question now is, did the FBI investigate them at all or did they get pushed to the wayside like in other cases.

Also interesting is that he sent a letter to MS about the duplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain