TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been hearing that it was a recording and also shells were found for days. LE is doing a horrible job of informing taxpayers of what’s going on. If this guy is dead and gone, then get on with telling folks what happened.

Today I heard (live TV no link) at the press conference that no, there were no shells found. So it is possible that it was recorded, but I think we may never know for sure.

For me, finding out the RV was playing “Downtown” before the explosion cements in my mind that this bomber had no real agenda other than killing himself in the most interesting way possible. I think he was intelligent, depressed, and mentally unstable. He decided to kill himself but made a sort of game of it. All of us were looking for projects and things to do during the pandemic. This is the project his sick mind came up with. The challenge of getting the bomb together, how and where to detonate it. What “fun” putting the plan all together. Coming up with the warning broadcast...hoping it would lessen others getting hurt, but not really caring if it happened. Probably got a chuckle out of including the song “Downtown” in it. I think he was probably dead in the RV when the bomb exploded. Either shot himself in one of those gunshots people heard at the start of this all, or overdosed on some medication. Or at least heavily sedated himself. Gave his property away because he wasn’t going to be needing it.
Just my thoughts.
My thoughts too, and the song clinched it. Maybe he had a grudge against ATT too but he was going to do this ATT or no ATT.

I also think he didn’t like his mother much. Had he not quit-claimed the house, unless he had a will she would have inherited it. And she contested the first quitclaim so he knew it would tick her off. Plus killing himself Christmas morning was a sure way to ruin her Christmas.

My thoughts too, and the song clinched it. Maybe he had a grudge against ATT too but he was going to do this ATT or no ATT.

I also think he didn’t like his mother much. Had he not quit-claimed the house, unless he had a will she would have inherited it. And she contested the first quitclaim so he knew it would tick her off. Plus killing himself Christmas morning was a sure way to ruin her Christmas.

I think there was a different reason he quit claimed it to the person he did. His mother may not have agreed with his choice on who got his brother’s house, and in the end she got it back.

ibm.
Downtown Nashville bombing: Home of Anthony Quinn Warner searched
''Officer James Wells, who suffered some hearing loss, tearfully said at a news conference that he believed he heard God tell him to walk away moments before he saw a flash of orange and heard a loud boom.

“As I’m stumbling around, I just tell myself to stay on my feet and to stay alive,” Wells said. “Christmas will never be the same.”

''Steve S. and his wife have lived next to Warner for more than two decades. S described his neighbor as friendly, someone with whom he would make brief small talk. They never discussed politics or religion, and Warner never gave any indication of any closely held ideology, S said.

“I can tell you as far as politics, he never had any yard signs or flags in his window or anything like that," S said. "If he did have any political beliefs he kept, that was something he kept to himself."

For me, finding out the RV was playing “Downtown” before the explosion cements in my mind that this bomber had no real agenda other than killing himself in the most interesting way possible. I think he was intelligent, depressed, and mentally unstable. He decided to kill himself but made a sort of game of it. All of us were looking for projects and things to do during the pandemic. This is the project his sick mind came up with. The challenge of getting the bomb together, how and where to detonate it. What “fun” putting the plan all together. Coming up with the warning broadcast...hoping it would lessen others getting hurt, but not really caring if it happened. Probably got a chuckle out of including the song “Downtown” in it. I think he was probably dead in the RV when the bomb exploded. Either shot himself in one of those gunshots people heard at the start of this all or overdosed on some medication. Or at least heavily sedated himself. Gave his property away because he wasn’t going to be needing it.
Just my thoughts.

At this point, this is the best theory that fits all the evidence. We still don't what triggered this episode: Why that place? Why that song? Why that recording? There are a few loose ends: Where are dogs? Where is he? How did he build the explosive device?

The first (larger) home was eventually quit-claimed to the mother (her name is and quit-claim in question are mentioned in the DM/Sun articles). IMO she doesn't need two homes.

Last edited:
This article states that the dogs all died.

"Warner had dogs over the years, first two small Shelties and then a larger dog that he adopted, though the pets have since died. "

Anthony Quinn Warner confirmed person of interest in Nashville bombing
Interesting, because in November he allegedly wrote to the woman he quit-claimed his house to that he intended to spend Christmas in the woods with his dogs. She said she last spoke to him around Thanksgiving, but she obviously didn't know his dog situation.

Interesting, because in November he allegedly wrote to the woman he quit-claimed his house to that he intended to spend Christmas in the woods with his dogs. She said she last spoke to him around Thanksgiving, but she obviously didn't know his dog situation.
Perhaps when they died he buried his beloved pups in the woods and believed his spirit would join them there for Christmas.

Unless he'd buried the dogs in the woods and initially intended to kill himself there? Okay, I know that's a bit morbid.

Re: motive.. I wonder if there’s a chance he emailed someone at ATT who hasn’t seen it yet due to the holiday? Long shot I know...

It's possible but it seems like most bombers are traditionalists and send letters. I know our post is backed up because of Covid and Christmas Maybe it's still in transit.

For me, finding out the RV was playing “Downtown” before the explosion cements in my mind that this bomber had no real agenda other than killing himself in the most interesting way possible. I think he was intelligent, depressed, and mentally unstable. He decided to kill himself but made a sort of game of it. All of us were looking for projects and things to do during the pandemic. This is the project his sick mind came up with. The challenge of getting the bomb together, how and where to detonate it. What “fun” putting the plan all together. Coming up with the warning broadcast...hoping it would lessen others getting hurt, but not really caring if it happened. Probably got a chuckle out of including the song “Downtown” in it. I think he was probably dead in the RV when the bomb exploded. Either shot himself in one of those gunshots people heard at the start of this all, or overdosed on some medication. Or at least heavily sedated himself. Gave his property away because he wasn’t going to be needing it.
Just my thoughts.

Definitely a possibility although I'd lean towards the song being more melancholy as opposed to a joke. You could read it as him finding peace downtown (by dying). Another part of me wonders if the warning message was played via the sound system of the RV and that the bomb was supposed to go off when that message ended. In that case, maybe the radio/CD player came back on and that song just happened to be playing.

As for he killing himself before the explosion, who knows? Thing that makes me wonder is that there was a delay in the countdown. Did he hesitate detonating, or was it a glitch in timing?

I've wondered the same thing. It would make sense if the gun shots were him killing himself in the back of his van.

Today I heard (live TV no link) at the press conference that no, there were no shells found. So it is possible that it was recorded, but I think we may never know for sure.

During today's officers' press conference one of the officers stated they did not find any evidence of a shooting when they responded.
youtu.be/07O0whAMg_g

Police Chief Drake stated during WKRN's live broadcast post-bombing that they found 3 shell casings at the scene.
Large ‘intentional’ explosion damages downtown Nashville Christmas morning | WKRN News 2

Today CBS reported Shell casings have been found at the scene, but the ammunition related to them is believed to have been set off by the large explosion. The scene is very large, and authorities said they are beginning at the "outermost" perimeter of the blast and working their way in.
Nashville bombing suspect may have been killed in blast, sources say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members