TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when it changes to "Your primary objective is to evacuate each building." That is very clearly a direct message IMO.

The warning voice is so obviously generic, almost like the kind of text-to-voice thing they use for those annoying robocalls. With a simple PA or recordable voice car alarm system (like Viper), it's probably not all that hard to go to a place like OnlineToneGenerator, type in some text, play it back, record it, and then later transmit it through a loudspeaker. I mean, I can't imagine he had someone record those warnings for him. That said, I've hit a few places online and haven't found the exact voice yet, although "Samantha" in the Voice Generator section of OnlineToneGenerator is close.

Laude's interview above, explained to me why he wasn't fazed by Warner's "famous, everyone will remember etc" words. He figured it was something to do with his IT work, maybe getting a patent.
If someone I know, even casually, said "watch, I'm going to be famous", I'd dig a little....really ?! how? etc.

Laude's interview above, explained to me why he wasn't fazed by Warner's "famous, everyone will remember etc" words. He figured it was something to do with his IT work, maybe getting a patent.
If someone I know, even casually, said "watch, I'm going to be famous", I'd dig a little....really ?! how? etc.

Alot of people would, but when people are reclusive or even just stoic or don't want their business aired ya kind of know not to ask. I'm shocked this guy even stopped him to talk.

My dad was no recluse. He was from a neighborhood you don't ask questions. He was also a Police Officer. If you really knew him he would chat, but to my neighbors? You got a wave. No chit chat. So I kind of get the guy didn't press it.

Ohhhhh me? I'd be asking away, and telling him my personal stuff.

Alot of people would, but when people are reclusive or even just stoic or don't want their business aired ya kind of know not to ask. I'm shocked this guy even stopped him to talk.

My dad was no recluse. He was from a neighborhood you don't ask questions. He was also a Police Officer. If you really knew him he would chat, but to my neighbors? You got a wave. No chit chat. So I kind of get the guy didn't press it.

Ohhhhh me? I'd be asking away, and telling him my personal stuff.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Strange though, since he was a recluse and didn't talk much....and remember those neighbors who related that they once wanted to invite W for a Christmas dinner, or they brought him a dinner, (can't remember the details) W wouldn't even open the door.
So here he is on the street, and Laude stops his car asking how his mom is doing, and then asks the thing about is Santa Claus bringing anything special...W now acts more chummy and smiles, telling him the thing about becoming famous.
Kind of out of character....suddenly he acts all enthusiastic.

The warning voice is so obviously generic, almost like the kind of text-to-voice thing they use for those annoying robocalls. With a simple PA or recordable voice car alarm system (like Viper), it's probably not all that hard to go to a place like OnlineToneGenerator, type in some text, play it back, record it, and then later transmit it through a loudspeaker. I mean, I can't imagine he had someone record those warnings for him. That said, I've hit a few places online and haven't found the exact voice yet, although "Samantha" in the Voice Generator section of OnlineToneGenerator is close.

Exactly. Ironic AT&T well whatever.

It's not the Bixby lady. It's like in movies when a public announcement goes out. It repeats like "shelter in place. Do not leave your home".

Scarry world.
Yeah, that makes sense.
Strange though, since he was a recluse and didn't talk much....and remember those neighbors who related that they once wanted to invite W for a Christmas dinner, or they brought him a dinner, (can't remember the details) W wouldn't even open the door.
So here he is on the street, and Laude stops his car asking how his mom is doing, and then asks the thing about is Santa Claus bringing anything special...W now acts more chummy and smiles, telling him the thing about becoming famous.
Kind of out of character....suddenly he acts all enthusiastic.

Definitely shows a change in character, you're so right.

Suddenly he wants to share? And excitedly!

Exactly. Ironic AT&T well whatever.

It's not the Bixby lady. It's like in movies when a public announcement goes out. It repeats like "shelter in place. Do not leave your home".

Scarry world.

Definitely shows a change in character, you're so right.

Suddenly he wants to share? And excitedly!

I think it's more likely neighbor dude is just making up to get his 15 minutes. :)

Everything points to AQW being a paranoid conspiracy theorist IMO. Nobody puts up over a dozen surveillance cameras on a home in an average neighborhood unless they're paranoid, at least to some degree. Also, conspiracy theories are extremely easy to find and easy to get sucked into, especially if you frequent YouTube or Facebook (and several other social media networks). If you show interest in one thing (for example, the 5G causing cancer theory), they serve more and more of the same and similar videos. So if you stumble upon a conspiracy theory video on YouTube, you'll likely be served tons more videos about them. You'll also see things that people who liked the first video also watched. <modsnip>

The guy was a loner and being isolated (especially during Covid) can amplify existing paranoia. I believe the target was AT&T and he didn't really want to kill anyone (at least not anyone not attached to AT&T). Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving him a pass just because he was paranoid. He's still a terrorist. He still did a horrible thing.
This is too true. The Social Dilemma documentary on Netflix explains these algorithms really well and shows how shockingly easy it is to manipulate people on social media. It’s terrifying, really.

The voice is probably Crystal from AT&T Natural Voices. www.wizzardsoftware.com and you can enter text and listen for yourself.

I just have another two cents to say about the neighbor that referred to AQW as a recluse yet nonetheless engaged him in the conversation in which AQW said he was going to be famous, or whatever he supposedly said.

We don't always have recluses as neighbors. We also have them in our workplaces. The people that you encounter in the break room, and you say hello, and it's as if you're not even there.

The ones you say hello to when passing them in the hallway and they look at you and then look away, and don't even respond with a simple hello back.

We all learn pretty quick not to even bother trying to engage with such people.

AQW as recluse simply does not comport with AQW bragging that he would soon be famous. In my experience.

And I'm not a spring chicken by any means.

Hey everyone,

This post lands at random.

Unless there is information reported in MSM or from LE, please leave the comments about politics, race, protests, White Supremacy, etc out of this discussion. Speculation must be based on known fact, so let's not just pull stuff out of the air and start speculating on it.

Thanks.

Except he was planning this well before the events of this past year. The FBI received a tip that AQW was making bombs in his RV in August 2019.

Nashville suspect 'was reported to police for making bombs in his RV in 2019'
That’s true. The tip that he was building bombs in his RV was reportedly called in back in 2019. That seems like a long time to be building a bomb. Or is it typical preparation time for bomb-building? How much time did the OK City and Boston bombers spend preparing those explosives?
Perhaps he was experimenting w/different configurations, setting off explosions in the middle of no-where and that’s what prompted the first tipster to call.

And you’re right. If he’d been planning an explosion for more than a year it’s highly unlikely he was driven by personal despair and a desire to end it all. It was a purpose-driven act designed (at least in part) to make a point and achieve notoriety. Because of that I expect a letter or manifesto will turn up — he would want his message and identity to be known so he’d be recognized for his “accomplishment“.

How in the world could he have thought he’d be heralded as some kind of hero? And as someone else said earlier, if “dude’s building bombs in his RV” isn’t an actionable tip, what on Earth is?

@Colorado303 , I’m not as familiar with Boston but McVeigh and his crew planned OKC for some time, including travel states as he considered places such as Texas. He went to Oklahoma sometime in 94 and actually chose that particular building. They spent quite a while getting stuff as well.

“Conspiracy Theorists Defend Nashville Bomber”.

Apparently there really are people out there who don’t think the bombing was a deranged act. Whether 5G was the motive in Nashville or not, it’s not hard to imagine how some unbalanced conspiracy crazy might be encouraged to make a similar “statement”. That’s scarier than any conspiracy.

Conspiracy Theorists Race to Defend Nashville Bomber Anthony Quinn Warner

@Colorado303 , I’m not as familiar with Boston but McVeigh and his crew planned OKC for some time, including travel states as he considered places such as Texas. He went to Oklahoma sometime in 94 and actually chose that particular building. They spent quite a while getting stuff as well.
I saw the Murrah the weekend after McVeigh; it's something one does not forget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993