Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, it was the worst thing we've ever experienced, but you are right I'd be a complete mess if my children were missing, I'm sure I couldn't even talk. I thought the question was referring to why other family members had not come forward. :) like the Grandma who has the other four kids. But yes, this all seems very strange.
bbm
LE must have spoken to the other children by now, right ?
As far as I know --the older siblings would know when Orrin and Orson were last seen, at least by family.
Imo.

Thank you, it was the worst thing we've ever experienced, but you are right I'd be a complete mess if my children were missing, I'm sure I couldn't even talk. I thought the question was referring to why other family members had not come forward. :) like the Grandma who has the other four kids. But yes, this all seems very strange.
My daughter watched the interview with TW & JW today, as a Mom herself she was shocked by the fact they showed no emotion. She looked at me and said "mom, what did they do with those boys"?

I'm so sorry for your loss and what you're going through right now.

I doubt the bio family has anything to do with the boys being missing and many of us have very strong suspicions already, but going to the adoptive parents home and screaming at them is not at all helpful. LE have this, and they have it in spades. No need to put your two cents in. And with regard to those vandalizing the home, shame on you, that’s a crime too. JMHO.
Excuse me. I never said vandalazing the home was ok, or that the bio fam has anything to do with the boys missing. I was responding to someone wondering if bio family was concerned about the boys. Clearly the aunt us concerned. That's all. MOO

Vigilantism won’t help find these boys imo.
The black and white video appears to be from a neighbor's security camera. If so then what the reporter said during the presser is correct; that LE has footage from nearby houses.
I just want to underscore the note from @MsMarple that Msm footage posted by @imstilla.grandma showed what appears to be security footage of the West home from across the street with a very wide view of the house. For those of us who may have missed it.

Definitely underscores the comments from the Bakersfield reporter who stated that police have footage of the area that shows no sign of the boys leaving, no sign of an animal or anyone else entering. To me this was important (but not sufficient) to explain why LE abandoned searching so quickly. (I posted up thread with link)

I find it impossible to analyze the parents statements, when IMO of course it would sound rehearsed. They had to answer these questions numerous times already before their press conference. To law enforcement and undoubtedly with their families. I put little stock in awkward phrasing being meaningful or their body languages ... since this was undoubtedly the umpteenth time they had to explain it. Also because of the highly stressful circumstances etc.

I do put more stock in analyzing LE’s response and find noteworthy that no one close to the family seems to have been demanding an alternative approach (e.g. that LE searches continue) or using media to get recent pics of the boys out there to help in the search. It is common in missing persons cases for family to try to get publicity and recent pics of the missing out there. MOO.

Anxiously awaiting answers to the unfathomable.

Attachments

• 3F2675F6-5426-405E-9F4B-B6882D983BC7.png
    3F2675F6-5426-405E-9F4B-B6882D983BC7.png
    237.8 KB · Views: 101
bbm
LE must have spoken to the other children by now, right ?
As far as I know --the older siblings would know when Orrin and Orson were last seen, at least by family.
Imo.
LE can bring in experts who know how to interview children, but it's always hard; most especially if they have been threatened not to say anything.

Amateur opinion and speculation

LE can bring in experts who know how to interview children, but it's always hard; most especially if they have been threatened not to say anything.

Just the fact the other children were taken into protective custody is very telling. That's not the usual protocol when a child goes missing. MOO

In the last video imstillagrandma posted, did anyone else notice the woman in the purple sweatshirt use the word "rambunctious" related to the home vandalism? Odd choice of word considering that's what the father said about the two boys, and not a word often used anymore.

The oldest 2 are also the bio kids which unfortunately might make more of a difference in how much they’re going to feel loyalty and hesitant to divulge. hopeful they’ve raised them to have sound morals but who knows at this point.

I’m glad they shared that footage because we can clearly see where the boys would have been able to wander, and I’m sure FBI has scoured any and all footage they could get their hands on early on and is a large reason for their actions.
Moo

It's likely that the older children haven't seen the younger children since they went on "vacation." And we don't know when the "vacation" started. A week ago, three months ago....

But I'll bet they expected to see them at Christmas....

And here we are.

JMO

Last edited:
I don't think anything has been said about what the boys were wearing in the way of footwear. It was cold per TW, so they were unlikely to be barefoot.

Also, wouldn't LE have taken the family's trash bags along with other potential evidence? This is written without any assumption as to what happened, but if there was any question of whether the boys had lived at the house up until the night they were reported missing, IMHO it would be better to look at the trash than at the items still in the house. Having bedrooms (or beds within shared bedrooms) set up for the two and all their belongings in the house still leaves it ambiguous as to when they last lived there and used those things. On the other hand, finding items like diapers/pull-ups, wipes, etc. (assuming one or both of the boys might have still worn them) in the current week's trash bags would indicate they lived there very recently.

In the last video imstillagrandma posted, did anyone else notice the woman in the purple sweatshirt use the word "rambunctious" related to the home vandalism? Odd choice of word considering that's what the father said about the two boys, and not a word often used anymore.

That bothered me too!

Not sure it means much other than she likely is following the case, heard that unusual word spoken by TW and it's been spinning around in her mind ever since, so she reused the word when she was interviewed. It stuck in my own mind to be honest and so far it's one of the few ways any of us have heard the boys described.

It's likely that the older children haven't seen the younger children since they went on "vacation." And we don't know when the "vacation" started. A week ago, three months ago....

And here we are.

JMO
Agreed.
I find your post compelling and chilling. :(

I don't think anything has been said about what the boys were wearing in the way of footwear. It was cold per TW, so they were unlikely to be barefoot.

Also, wouldn't LE have taken the family's trash bags along with other potential evidence? This is written without any assumption as to what happened, but if there was any question of whether the boys had lived at the house up until the night they were reported missing, IMHO it would be better to look at the trash than at the items still in the house. Having bedrooms (or beds within shared bedrooms) set up for the two and all their belongings in the house still leaves it ambiguous as to when they last lived there and used those things. On the other hand, finding items like diapers/pull-ups, wipes, etc. (assuming one or both of the boys might have still worn them) in the current week's trash bags would indicate they lived there very recently.
I have wondered about their footwear as well. As far as the trash goes, I haven't seen it mentioned or picture anywhere, but that would be SOP. MOO

I know their vehicle was impounded. I can’t remember, was it stored in a garage and would the garage be considered inside?

eta: there is something not right about some of his statements as to the sequence. I can’t put my finger on it. It bugged me throughout the day yesterday. It still is gnawing at me. Also, why stress the word “briefly” it seems like it was important to him. Will one of y’all take a look at some of his statements and see if I’m just obsessing? Here’s a partial timeline and some additional links.
Timeline:
  • Monday, early evening — Orson and Orrin play outside as their adoptive father gathers firewood, according to their adoptive parents. The father, Trevol West, later tells the media he briefly went back inside the house, and when he came out the boys were gone. He says he drove through nearby streets and spoke with neighbors but couldn’t find them.
  • Monday, around 6 p.m. — The boys’ adoptive parents report them missing.
  • Monday, around 8 p.m. — California City police send out a news release that provides a description of the boys but not their names or photographs. That information is released hours later.
  • Monday night — Volunteers and police search areas near where the boys went missing. Police bring K9s to the home. The dogs find the boys’ scent inside the house, but not outdoors.
  • Tuesday, around 9 a.m. — With daylight, volunteers continue the search and spread through the surrounding area. They find nothing.
  • Tuesday afternoon — Police take the adoptive parents in for further questioning
TIMELINE: California City boys Orson and Orrin West still missing | KGET 17

KTLA 5 reports that the boys’ adoptive father, Trezell West, said the children were in the backyard playing when he stepped out briefly to open a gate and gather wood. The boys’ adoptive mother, Jaqueline West, said she was inside wrapping presents.
‘Someone knows’: Up to $10K reward offered for missing boys who reportedly vanished from backyard at the same time

“I came in the house,” Trezol West said. “I saw them there, went into the house, came back out, didn’t see them there.”

Trezol says he and his wife searched inside the house and around the back yard. He then drove around the neighborhood calling their names and talking to neighbors. But saw nothing.

“I came home and I told my wife, ‘We need to call the cops’,” Trezol West said. “It’s getting dark and I need help, we’ve gotta get going.”

“And thats all I want is to find our babies, that’s it,” West said.
Two missing boys in California City: Here’s what we know | KGET 17

“I came in the house,” Trezol West told KGET. “I saw them there, went into the house, came back out, didn’t see them there.”

When his wife confirmed that she hadn't seen the boys either, panic set in.

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," he said, 23ABC reports.

Trezol West said he immediately began searching the neighborhood for the pair and called police for help.
Calif. Brothers, 3 and 4, Vanished 8 Days Ago After Dad Said He Momentarily Left Them in Yard

"I came in the house, I saw them there. I go in the house, I came back out, I didn't see them there," Trezell West said.

“I open up the back gate, I'm throwing wood, bringing it inside the house. My wife's inside, she was actually wrapping gifts so we thought it was a good idea that our youngest two go outside and play with chalk on the back patio," added West.

"I realized that I left the back gate open and I panicked and came inside the house, searched the house, me and my wife. Once that didn't pan out, I got in the van, I looked down the street in both directions, it was getting dark, getting cold," West said.
Adoptive parents of missing 3 and 4 year-old California City kids speak out for the first time
One thing I'm trying to understand is how the father didn't notice anything before he discovered the back gate open and the boys missing.

Isn't the lot right next door to their house? The road is so close and it doesn't look like there is a lot of traffic. I would think the only cars passing by would be people who live in the neighborhood. Neither parent mentioned seeing or hearing a car outside the house around the time the boys disappeared. Yet they seem so sure someone picked them up.

Early in the interview the mom says that everyone is making their own assumptions and "they don't know anything."

Then she goes on to say, "We don't... we're not sure... exactly...like everything... we said what we knew, and if anybody has seen them, uh, or anything please call the police department."

I'm not sure what she was trying to say then but later she says, "I definitely know they are not walking around, they're not that kind. They don't just roam around, you know, these patches. They definitely, I think definitely would have been picked up or something."

At the same time they both believe the kids are in the neighborhood somewhere, and the dad would like to check people's homes.

So it sounds like they believe someone in the neighborhood kidnapped them and has them in their house.

They didn't provide any reasons to support that, but it doesn't sound like this is what LE believes. The boys weren't seen leaving the gate, and I'm guessing there is no video of them at all anywhere in the neighborhood.

I bet LE has an abundance of evidence already just based on interviews with the parents and surveillance footage.

IMO

Last edited:
Bringing the full interview with parents back up for review. It's been raised previously, when the camera man zooms in on TW's hands - did he see something which they were trying to capture on camera? Then at the end when they are walking in the house, the camera man tries to zoom in again. It's a bit strange right?

I noticed that as well . JW was very jittery imo

And here we are.

JMO

it would also be good to know if their “ vacation” was planned or impromptu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member