Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just to solidly clarify as there are the adopted Mom and Dad, the bio Mom, and two separate Dads.

<modsnip> MOO
At first it was confusing because many articles referred to the parents as "foster" parents. Then it was clarified that the children had been adopted in April 2019.

I've been referring to them as the parents and the birth mother as the biological mom. I haven't read anything about two separate dads.

<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped>

Jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, just speculating of course, but upon LE interviewing said Grandparents who had the " vacationing" other kids...there more than likely were red flags raised. As in, maybe they ( the Grandparents) had not seen O and O since xyz number of days, weeks or months. The kids were instantly removed to CPS custody, and not allowed to stay with the grandparent(s).

Regarding the interview of the parents, I found it to be suspicious because of the well rehearsed manner of his story telling, the avoiding past tense, and the ending of .."It all played out". The rocking motion of the mother is a self soothing manner/method but I was bothered by it none the less. I also got a sense of another emotion with her during his storytelling that I cannot put my finger on. Was it fear, trepidation, caution? IMO, She was trying to portray agreement with him by nodding often, but there was definitely something else showing through. And it wasn't fear for her little ones either.

BBM
Yes - and it seemed odd that she stood a good couple of steps further back than the dad, rather than directly beside him. Their positioning can be seen most clearly in the footage that is taken from the dad’s right (‘stage’ left) , the piece with the clearer sound. JMO

BBM-- oh... so the boys have been seen at the new house and only a day and half prior to them missing ???
That is good to know since I was leaning towards the boys did not make the move with the rest of the family, IMO
I didn’t read it that way here below: I understood it to mean they hadn’t seen the boys (ever) since they moved in. I missed pommy’s post and haven’t watched the video.

“We were trying to dig up any possible thing of where they had gone and to confirm that they are not in the back yard,” Walker said.

Walker added that neighbors have not seen the boys since the family moved to California City in September.
Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

It is difficult to see his hands as he keeps them tucked in under his armpits the whole time.
Even when describing "out looking" for the boys and she talks about being in the yard, her hands are moving, expressive hand gestures, while his remains folded and hidden.
Just weird to me, IMO
I wonder if his hands would reveal some identifying marks, like perhaps tattoos? I know of one case where a tattoo helped in identifying a perp. If these poor boys where trafficked, maybe he’s afraid of his hands showing up on some obscure video?? Just a thought.

I wonder if his hands would reveal some identifying marks, like perhaps tattoos? I know of one case where a tattoo helped in identifying a perp. If these poor boys where trafficked, maybe he’s afraid of his hands showing up on some obscure video?? Just a thought.
I’ve also thought of a similar tactic to escape identification because of his name being misspelled. It’s out there more than a couple of ways. I just thought it sloppy reporting...

At first it was confusing because many articles referred to the parents as "foster" parents. Then it was clarified that the children had been adopted in April 2019.

I've been referring to them as the parents and the birth mother as the biological mom. I haven't read anything about two separate dads.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

Jmo
Fair enough. The children (the 4 others) have been removed from their custody in the interim. The two bio fathers bit was posted somewhere earlier in the thread, and that they wished to remain anonymous. What I meant by my post is it helps to clarify exactly which parental figure or unit is being discussed, because there's a lot to unscramble through MSM.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

We can all refer to them as what we want, let's just keep it very clear for clarities sake :)

I didn’t read it that way here below: I understood it to mean they hadn’t seen the boys (ever) since they moved in. I missed pommy’s post and haven’t watched the video.

“We were trying to dig up any possible thing of where they had gone and to confirm that they are not in the back yard,” Walker said.

Walker added that neighbors have not seen the boys since the family moved to California City in September.
Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'
A reporter did say a neighbor said the boys were last seen a day and a half ago, but LE did not verify that. They said they questioned neighbors and none of them had seen the boys since they moved there.

So it might be inaccurate reporting or it might be a detail about the investigation police do not want to reveal. Imo

"
IMO, just speculating of course, but upon LE interviewing said Grandparents who had the " vacationing" other kids...there more than likely were red flags raised. As in, maybe they ( the Grandparents) had not seen O and O since xyz number of days, weeks or months. The kids were instantly removed to CPS custody, and not allowed to stay with the grandparent(s).

Regarding the interview of the parents, I found it to be suspicious because of the well rehearsed manner of his story telling, the avoiding past tense, and the ending of .."It all played out". The rocking motion of the mother is a self soothing manner/method but I was bothered by it none the less. I also got a sense of another emotion with her during his storytelling that I cannot put my finger on. Was it fear, trepidation, caution? IMO, She was trying to portray agreement with him by nodding often, but there was definitely something else showing through. And it wasn't fear for her little ones either.
" everyone is coming to their own obs ( pause) Conclusion. They don't know anything, we don't know anything". Sounds so hauntingly familiar. " No inclination" MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

It's a pretty good turnout for the search but not done in the "Texas Equusearch" way. Not a true grid search, several children.
Doubtful that it is done in a true organized way, but with all those searchers it is great and a decent chance at finding anything pertinent if it is hidden there.

At least 2 police vehicles are there collecting what searchers find. The chief is out there.

Or scratches/injury.

I hesitate to be a total downer in this thread. I’ll throw this out there anyway. There must a reason the backyard was dug up so quickly. I believe these little ones will eventually be found buried somewhere. I can’t remember when I’ve ever felt so negatively this early in a child disappearance. I hope I’m not losing my faith in miracles. Please somebody, talk me out of this gloomy thought.

I wish I could :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members