Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in a couple of videos concerned citizens leaving stuffed animals, balloons and even gift bags at the house. Is it possible one got displaced or blown into the field? I don’t know but it would be very strange otherwise if this is true. JMO

Most likely the case, or someone who has too much time on their hands took it from the memorial and placed it there.

I wish we had more official updates from LE. All the unapproved news sites just lead to more rumors and confusion for me. With the new desert searches I am wondering if the strong first suspicions on the parents could be wrong. I know it seems unlikely since from the very beginning it’s been house focused. But on some off chance if this was a wandering child or kidnapping case so much time has gone by already.

with the reward money I think we may see a lot more community attention going on

Respectfully snipped for space
The dirt here is definitely nothing like the dirt in Michigan! (I am originally from the west coast of MI and played in the dirt all the time growing up.) I now live in so Cal. This past summer we had our backyard landscaped. Previously it was just so Cal dirt and tumble weeds. I've tried to dig in it and you don't get very far. When our yard was being worked on, they brought in a rototiller. It didn't work! The soil was so compacted that they ended up renting a HUGE one that looked so out of place. I assume the dirt in their backyard was pretty similar, as that is just desert dirt in general. I don't like saying this, but that's why many desert homicide victims are found in shallow graves. You really can't dig too far down. Also, trying to cover up your tracks is difficult. You can't really just fill in the hole and tamp the dirt down with your feet without making it pretty obvious there is a disturbance there unless you're in a sandy area.
If the family just moved in in September, did they have cement poured? If it was already there when they moved in I'm not sure why a jackhammer would be needed. Curious. If it was done recently, how recently? (Just thinking aloud here.)
It's the clay in the soil that makes so hard. I had to soak my mom's yard for three days to get the rototiller to work right. Any time I had to do a yard at Edwards AFB, which is just south of Cal City, it was the same way. Still don't know how we managed to build jumps for our bikes with just shovels

I support the police. Go Police! Thank You Police!

The California City Police Chief seems to be very dedicated to doing all he knows how to do to find these baby boys. He is no doubt exhausted and stressed. Unfortunately, he appears to be less than knowledgeable about missing person investigations in general.

At the pc, he was asked about the 8 currently missing person cases in his small city of 14,000. He said the bigger the city, the more missing persons, and that 8 missing is about what could be expected. For a population of 14,000.
(So NOT average or normal or to be expected!) MOO

He also was unaware...( I self edited this part which questioned something said in the pc, since it wasn't mentioned in the accompanying article.)

I think that most Websleuthers probably know more about missing child investigations. MOO

Last edited:
Regarding the backyard dig, I assumed they might be digging up the septic tank / leach line to get samples of anything that may have been sent down the drain lines recently.

Since septic systems are self contained and don’t connect to a municipal system, everything that goes down the drain never leaves the property. (Assuming they are on septic)...

I support the police. Go Police! Thank You Police!

The California City Police Chief seems to be very dedicated to doing all he knows how to do to find these baby boys. He is no doubt exhausted and stressed. Unfortunately, he appears to be less than knowledgeable about missing person investigations in general.

At the pc, he was asked about the 8 currently missing person cases in his small city of 14,000. He said the bigger the city, the more missing persons, and that 8 missing is about what could be expected. For a population of 14,000.
(So NOT average or normal or to be expected!) MOO

He also was unaware that one of the boys has a broken leg, but he said that wouldn't necessarily be concerning since little children his age (3yrs) fall and break their legs a lot. That is simply not true. Toddler's bones are soft and breaks are often the result of an adult twisting the leg until it breaks. MOO

And how did little Orrin run so off with his brother that they were long gone by the time Dad missed them, on a broken leg?

I think that most Websleuthers probably know more about missing child investigations. MOO

We don't know that Orrin currently has a broken leg. The fracture was listed on the report as an identifying factor.

Fractures can be seen on x-rays long after they have healed. Imo

From the article:

According to members of the search party, a Christmas gift bag with one of the boys name’s on it, as well as clothing items were found during the search. The community members say the items were taken to police for further analysis. The California City Police Department has not confirmed that they have been given items found Saturday, and it’s still unclear how the found items ended up in the desert near the home.

I mentioned earlier that we took a road trip today. Santa brought hubs a side by side for Christmas, so we are looking for places to camp and go off-roading.
Some friends recommended the Randsburg, Cal City area.

I don't really have much to share, but we did a loop around the house (Procter, 108th, Aspen, Georgetown). There were people milling around the house, and small groups out in the neighborhood. They gave us the eagle eye as we drove by. There were two CCPD vehicles pulling onto Georgetown as we were leaving, but that's it. Hubs was put out by my request to check the house out so we didn't stop to look around or make another loop around. My takeaway -there is no way I believe any 3&4 year old would have booked it past all those houses to run into the middle of the desert and not be found within a couple of hours. Procter/Randsburg Mohave Rds were pretty busy at the time we went through, so was CC Blvd. If they went up Aspen and crossed 108th, to me that would be the most likely way they wouldn't be seen and could get lost in the open desert. But why would they bolt when it was near dark like that? One last thing, we saw five big signs in different parts of town which said, "Where are the Boys?" :(

<modsnip> hopefully we learn the truth soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the backyard dig, I assumed they might be digging up the septic tank / leach line to get samples of anything that may have been sent down the drain lines recently.

Since septic systems are self contained and don’t connect to a municipal system, everything that goes down the drain never leaves the property. (Assuming they are on septic)...

• Utilities
  • Heat & Cool: Central AC, Central Heat
  • Solar Electric: Yes
  • Solar Owned/Leased: Owned
  • Swr/Water/Util: Sewer, Public
10717 Aspen Avenue, California City, CA 93505 | Compass
Looks like the tract has city sewer services.

(1)Cal City toddlers Orson and Orrin West are still missing.
On Saturday, nearly 200 volunteers searched a portion of the desert looking for any trace of the West boys. An item was found in the desert with one of the boy's name. #californiacity #orrinwest #orsonwest (@23ABCNews

(video)

https://twitter.com/lezlagoodentv/status/1345665083666436096?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members