TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

Life Insurance?
So - at least one life insurance policy has been paid out, according to the oldest girl’s father. Life insurance on who?
@MimosaMornings
Afaik, there have no MSM reports on 1. whose life was insured or 2. identity of the beneficiary but could have missed it or forgotten it.

Alexa M was 16 y/o; London B was 10 y/o.
Stmt ^ about payment having been made came from oldest girl’s father. May or may not have been paid to him.
Does older dau's father last name also start w M?* Even if I knew that, I don't see how we could determine answers to ^ questions - whose life & beneficiary of policy without further info.

* IIRC, at one point MSM identified and quoted Alexa's Father, but being cautious and using only initial to stay w'in Websleuths ToS.

Okay I'm glad I'm not the only one confused. I thought I was maybe having reading comprehension issues today or something.

I wonder if the policy was on Nichol, or if the kids had their own policies. I never understood life insurance policies for kids. JMO
I got a whole life insurance policy through Gerber when my son was born. It’s life insurance but it builds cash value so when he becomes an adult he can choose to use it to pay for college, etc.
And since I got the policy for him at such a young age the premium is less than $20 a month.
It’s nice to know you’re saving for your child’s future even if you can’t afford to put loads into savings or college savings plans. IMO and IME.

I got a whole life insurance policy through Gerber when my son was born. It’s life insurance but it builds cash value so when he becomes an adult he can choose to use it to pay for college, etc.
And since I got the policy for him at such a young age the premium is less than $20 a month.
It’s nice to know you’re saving for your child’s future even if you can’t afford to put loads into savings or college savings plans. IMO and IME.

I feel like a 529 would be better for that purpose but idk.

I feel like a 529 would be better for that purpose but idk.
I hope to eventually do that. A whole life policy certainly doesn’t replace a savings account but it’s an asset that you can create for your child that grows with them and I believe it doubles when they turn 21. Should he someday choose to cash it in, it certainly won’t pay for 4 years at a private college but it’s a little something to get him started. MOO

"Anything Wrong"
Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case “Nobody is saying London did anything wrong.....” What does that even mean?
@MimosaMornings I'm not sure.
Maybe it was an indirect reference to London as not responsible for any possible 'paternity question'* and not responsible for causing any of the injuries or three deaths. Just a possibility because "Bribiescas family's attorney, Joseph Hoelscher" (<---per link) did not refer explicitly to 'paternity question.'

But his stmt** could mean something else entirely. my2cts.

* From linked Jan 4-5, 2021 article: "Today, sources close to the investigation told Fox San Antonio that in the hours leading up to Olsen’s and the daughters’ deaths, the paternity of one of her daughters came into question in communications recovered by investigators...." bbm
** More context from link, re atty's comment made Nov 24, 2020: "Hector Bribiesca’s attorney said 'London’s family doesn’t care about the results, we just want to know what it is. Nobody is saying that London did anything wrong, so we don’t have a dog in that hunt, they just want to know what happened because they need to move on with their lives.' "

"Civil Lawsuit"
.... eta I think the civil lawsuit refers to the sheriff possibly being sued by the bf who he commented about early on. Crazy stuff....
@happyday sbm For defamation of character, for stating or suggesting that BF is a PoI/suspect in three deaths? Maybe that's what Sheriff is referring to but I'm interp'ing differently. If sheriff thought NO's BF would sue him for defamation, sheriff's stmt below w bbm does not make sense imo.

Link below. "In a statement, Salazar said: 'After methodically reviewing this case in its entirety, the decision was made to send the case back to CID for further investigation. Until every question in this case has been answered, the investigation will continue. Additionally, the attorney seeking to profit from this tragedy will either have to proceed on his own, or wait until all information is complete.' ” * bbm

Seems to be directed to an atty for fam member who may file civil wrongful death action against the killer, but is facing Stat/Limitations deadline in a few days, and who may not yet have the exhaustive evidence needed, and who wishes the crim charges had been filed, so crim evd would be filed. My2cts, could be wrong. Or maybe you were referring to a different stmt.

* Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com Jan 4-5, 2021

Anaqua Springs tragedy not a closed case

Hoelscher believes the Sheriff is angry because his client threatened to hold a vigil in front of his home on Thanksgiving asking for the Sheriff’s Office to close the case. As we reported in November, the Sheriff considered the email from the attorney menacing against him and his family.

On November 24, 2020, Sheriff Javier Salazar said, "While I’m sure his civil suit, in monetary damages, whatever it is that he’s hoping to recover, is very important to him to me justice on the criminal side is even more important. So I won’t let that be compromised and I certainly won’t be bullied into rushing an investigation because a civil attorney feels that I need to rush it.”

"Civil Lawsuit"
@happyday sbm For defamation of character, for stating or suggesting that BF is a PoI/suspect in three deaths? Maybe that's what Sheriff is referring to but I'm interp'ing differently. If sheriff thought NO's BF would sue him for defamation, sheriff's stmt below w bbm does not make sense imo.

Link below. "In a statement, Salazar said: 'After methodically reviewing this case in its entirety, the decision was made to send the case back to CID for further investigation. Until every question in this case has been answered, the investigation will continue. Additionally, the attorney seeking to profit from this tragedy will either have to proceed on his own, or wait until all information is complete.' ” * bbm

Seems to be directed to an atty for fam member who may file civil wrongful death action against the killer, but is facing Stat/Limitations deadline in a few days, and who may not yet have the exhaustive evidence needed, and who wishes the crim charges had been filed, so crim evd would be filed. My2cts, could be wrong. Or maybe you were referring to a different stmt.

* Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com Jan 4-5, 2021
Yeah I think you’re right @al66pine. I thought that would be nuts if it was being suggested that the sheriff was stalling to avoid a civil suit himself! This new info is so interesting but kinda vague.

Yeah I think you’re right @al66pine. I thought that would be nuts if it was being suggested that the sheriff was stalling to avoid a civil suit himself! This new info is so interesting but kinda vague.
Not sure how true but the comments under this post which include screenshots are interesting.
News 4 San Antonio

Imo...it sounds like London's father is trying to collect her life insurance...but maybe isn't her father after all...??????????????
Can you imagine how devastating that would be? Your daughter is murdered then find out she’s not your daughter?

Why did they check paternity for the girls? Unless the life insurance was left to “biological father” rather than the dads name. I don’t understand the whole insurance thing or dna test.

Can you imagine how devastating that would be? Your daughter is murdered then find out she’s not your daughter?

Why did they check paternity for the girls? Unless the life insurance was left to “biological father” rather than the dads name. I don’t understand the whole insurance thing or dna test.

because I think the night of the murders, there were text message exchanges questioning paternity. I don’t believe it was said who the texts were between though

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back