WI - Newborn girl, found shot to death, dad claimed he gave her to someone, Albany, Green Co., 9 Jan 2021 *Arrest*

<modsnip>

Krukenberg is the only person who has been arrested and charged with murder. Every article that I have seen has made it very clear that the allegation that the 14 year old girl discussed or consented in any way to the murder of her baby is coming solely from the statement of Krukenberg, the confessed murderer.

This young girl has just gone through the horror of being afraid to reveal her pregnancy and giving birth at home, alone in a bathtub. She is a minor child. A girl doesn't need to be savvy or calculating to conceal a pregnancy, she only has to be very afraid that she, not the 16 year old who had sex with her, will be blamed.

We don't know if she feared violence, shaming, being kicked out or forced to have an abortion. For all we know, she may have cared very much about her baby, enough to know that she could not provide a safe and healthy home or raise the baby herself. Even the murderer says that she discussed adoption with him.

I think that it is more likely that she, being young and naive, truly believed that he was going to take the baby to a safe haven or adoption agency. This girl, and her baby, are both victims. MOO
<modsnip: quoted post was modsnipped> ... it is not my intent at all to try and convict the minor child/Mother of baby Harper. I should have made it more clear in my post that LTKA reported to authorities..........., because yes, that’s just his words saying that they had discussed other options. I certainly do not take the word of a self confessed baby killer as gospel truth.

Personally, I do think the minor child/mother of the baby is a victim too, and probably fully believed LTKA was going to take the baby to an adoption agency. That is what I want to believe, absolutely, and is most likely to be the case. While we can’t know for sure what she knew, there’s no question she has been through alot, traumatized and most likely in shock.

My heart breaks for her.

IMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was modsnpped> ... it is not my intent at all to try, and convict the minor child/Mother. I should have made it more clear in my post that LTKA reported to authorities..........., because yes, that’s just his words saying that they had discussed other options. I do think the minor child/mother of the baby is a victim too, and probably fully believed he was going to take the baby to an adoption agency. That is what I want to believe, absolutely, and is most likely to be the case. While we can’t know for sure what she knew, there’s no question she has been through alot, traumatized and most likely in shock. My heart breaks for her.

IMHO

I too think maybe she believed or at least convinced herself that he would leave the baby somewhere safe. I would not be surprised to learn that she felt she had to let him take her under duress or that it was he who had her conceal the pregnancy due to her being a minor and him possibly very concerned for himself.
She gave her baby a name,would she do that if she was complicit in a plan to murder her as soon as she was born?. I prefer to think not.

I too think maybe she believed or at least convinced herself that he would leave the baby somewhere safe. I would not be surprised to learn that she felt she had to let him take her under duress or that it was he who had her conceal the pregnancy due to her being a minor and him possibly very concerned for himself.
She gave her baby a name,would she do that if she was complicit in a plan to murder her as soon as she was born?. I prefer to think not.
100% Agree.

IMHO

My personal feelings match this.

<modsnip>

Krukenberg is the only person who has been arrested and charged with murder. Every article that I have seen has made it very clear that the allegation that the 14 year old girl discussed or consented in any way to the murder of her baby is coming solely from the statement of Krukenberg, the confessed murderer.

This young girl has just gone through the horror of being afraid to reveal her pregnancy and giving birth at home, alone in a bathtub. She is a minor child. A girl doesn't need to be savvy or calculating to conceal a pregnancy, she only has to be very afraid that she, not the 16 year old who had sex with her, will be blamed.

We don't know if she feared violence, shaming, being kicked out or forced to have an abortion. For all we know, she may have cared very much about her baby, enough to know that she could not provide a safe and healthy home or raise the baby herself. Even the murderer says that she discussed adoption with him.

I think that it is more likely that she, being young and naive, truly believed that he was going to take the baby to a safe haven or adoption agency. This girl, and her baby, are both victims. MOO
I completely agree and her age alone is a valid legal defense. I doubt she would ever be charged because no jury would convict a child giving birth in the bathtub. She didn’t give birth only to drown , abandon or suffocate her child as some mothers do. Imo she is clearly a victim and in the most god awful way. She most likely handed her over to the boyfriend someone she loved and trusted only to be heartbroken. IMO

I suppose their text messages and other social media info will tell the tale. We just don't know yet. The fact that he got the gun after leaving with the baby gives me hope she was unaware. idk...

I also don’t think the girl had anything to do with Harper’s murder.

This poor girl will most likely be scarred for the rest of her life because of what Logan did. By all accounts, he lied to to her. He killed her baby daughter. She gave the baby a name.

She knew she couldn’t keep the baby, so the “adoption center” was the best option. She thought she was doing the right thing, she’s just a kid.

A kid lied to, manipulated, trying to heal both physically and emotionally. Everyone in that town must know who she is. I sure hope her parents move with her and help her get through this horrible nightmare.

No contraception method is foolproof. Condoms fail, etc. It's the choices that were made afterwards that break my heart.

No. But good sex-ed includes info that all contraception is fallible but better than no contraception and info about the befores and afters, and not narratives of shame and damnation that crop up still in some of the places I have locum'd, including a province in Canada where govt officials insist on treating reproductive health as a status of women and not a health of everyone who lives here issue because they can't bear to utter words like contraception and def not morning after or abortion but are happy to give talk after talk on purity and abstinence, etc., while ignoring real-world lives of teens who need and deserve better.

Anyway, the self-confessed killer is the ultimate bearer of blame here, but this is such a desperately sad and lonely story, from mother to baby in the snow.

No. But good sex-ed includes info that all contraception is fallible but better than no contraception and info about the befores and afters, and not narratives of shame and damnation that crop up still in some of the places I have locum'd, including a province in Canada where govt officials insist on treating reproductive health as a status of women and not a health of everyone who lives here issue because they can't bear to utter words like contraception and def not morning after or abortion but are happy to give talk after talk on purity and abstinence, etc., while ignoring real-world lives of teens who need and deserve better.

Anyway, the self-confessed killer is the ultimate bearer of blame here, but this is such a desperately sad and lonely story, from mother to baby in the snow.

IMO Sex-ed begins at home - along with teaching our children healthy life choices. I didn't rely on the gov't to teach my children right from wrong or why teen sex is risky. I told them myself. I have no idea what sex-ed these two teens had, so it's a moot point to me.

As a parent, I would be wondering what the heck my teenage daughter was doing all that time in the bathroom. No noises? Nothing to clean up or put in the washing machine?
And the boyfriend coming over for a visit hanging out in the bathroom? Maybe both parents were at work. JMO

IMO Sex-ed begins at home - along with teaching our children healthy life choices. I didn't rely on the gov't to teach my children right from wrong or why teen sex is risky. I told them myself. I have no idea what sex-ed these two teens had, so it's a moot point to me.

Don't disagree, but a lot depends then on operative beliefs inside those homes.

Anyway, no need to belabour this. Hopefully something can be saved from this horrific situation, and I am hopeful that the mother of this baby receives the help she needs going forward. Hard to believe that a plan to murder this newborn was dreamt up and actioned by her as she tried to recover from childbirth.

As a parent, I would be wondering what the heck my teenage daughter was doing all that time in the bathroom. No noises? Nothing to clean up or put in the washing machine?
And the boyfriend coming over for a visit hanging out in the bathroom? Maybe both parents were at work. JMO
I would guess that the parents were at work. With remote schooling, we have lost track of quite a few of our students, unfortunately. IMO.

Just saw this:

Wisconsin Teen Charged for Shooting Baby Daughter and Burying the Newborn in the Snow

Logan T. Kruckenberg-Anderson, 16, was charged as an adult Tuesday with first-degree intentional homicide

By Ashley Boucher
January 14, 2021 08:00 PM
A Wisconsin teenager is being charged as an adult after he allegedly killed is infant daughter.

Logan T. Kruckenberg-Anderson, 16, was charged Tuesday with first-degree intentional homicide and hiding a corpse by the Wisconsin Attorney General, the state's Department of Justice announced this week.

Kruckenberg was arrested by the Green County Sheriff's Department on Sunday, and is currently being held at the Rock County Juvenile Detention Center on a $1 million bail, the Wisconsin State Journal reported.

The teen stands accused of shooting his infant daughter and then burying her in the snow.
[...]
Speaking again with detectives after Harper's gunshot wound was discovered, Kruckenberg-Anderson "admitted to placing the baby into the snow-covered area in the tree and shooting the baby twice in the head with a firearm," the complaint said.

A spent shell casing that matched the one found by Harper was also found in Kruckenberg-Anderson's backpack, according to authorities. The complaint further alleges a juvenile witness told detectives that Kruckenberg-Anderson had given him a firearm on January 8 and detectives found "the firearm caliber was consistent with the casings and fired projectiles located by law enforcement and crime laboratory personnel."

-----------------------------------
Source:
Wisconsin Teen Charged for Shooting Baby Daughter and Burying the Newborn in the Snow

This case is beyond disturbing.

I just wanted to say I have lived my entire life in Wisconsin. I have taken health classes in high school in small town Wisconsin. All sex ed is abstinence based "education". I once got detention for giving a speech in health class during an assignment on "making smart choices about sex" - I spoke about how it is not wise for educators to assume teens will be abstinent and that these classes need to speak more about protection.

This is a prime example.

I believe the girl is a victim also and my heart breaks for her.
I also think what this boy did is beyond sick, and that he deserves a sentence of some type, but he definitely needs psychological help first and foremost if THIS is what he thought was necessary to "take care of" their "problem".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back