Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

There is similar, but not exact, shelving in a few photos. Behind the young woman with headphones:View attachment 279592 View attachment 279593

*edited: to be clear I do NOT think these are the same people. I am ONLY trying to figure out the possible location.

Also, I swear I saw a photo of "The Singing Girl With Headphones", not this young woman, but the other, where more shelving was visible? I believe another girl was present in one of the images? I am trying to find it, and not having much luck.

I did find, and bump, an interesting older discussion thread where some photos were possibly "matched" to Alcalas apartments.

You mean the pic with suspenders girl and loud singing girl?? Let me see if I can dig it up.

There is similar, but not exact, shelving in a few photos. Behind the young woman with headphones:View attachment 279592 View attachment 279593

*edited: to be clear I do NOT think these are the same people. I am ONLY trying to figure out the possible location.

Also, I swear I saw a photo of "The Singing Girl With Headphones", not this young woman, but the other, where more shelving was visible? I believe another girl was present in one of the images? I am trying to find it, and not having much luck.

I did find, and bump, an interesting older discussion thread where some photos were possibly "matched" to Alcalas apartments.

You mean the pic with suspenders girl and loud singing girl?? Let me see if I can dig it up. Here you go.

Attachments

• 179859_161954183852589_5727863_n.jpg
    179859_161954183852589_5727863_n.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 40
Yes!! Thank you @Daphne1972

For comparison of backgrounds. Again, NOT because I think the women pictured are the same people. I am trying to establish where photos may have been taken. Fur Coat Brightened.jpg 179859_161954183852589_5727863_n.jpg

I'm almost thinking the brightened photo appears to have a green wall, but I'm not sure if that is simply due to to processing and playing around with the image? I know there are photos taken against a plain green wall. Those were in California, right? I do not remember any clutter in those images though.

Yes!! Thank you @Daphne1972

For comparison of backgrounds. Again, NOT because I think the women pictured are the same people. I am trying to establish where photos may have been taken. View attachment 279770 View attachment 279771

I'm almost thinking the brightened photo appears to have a green wall, but I'm not sure if that is simply due to to processing and playing around with the image? I know there are photos taken against a plain green wall. Those were in California, right? I do not remember any clutter in those images though.
You mean the redhead. I think that was a hotel.

The pic of bikini girl has a greenish hue, a bit like this new fur coat girl pic

BrighterGFCSerious.jpg I'm looking for "bikini girl". I brightened the original GFC photo a bit, and it looks like she may be in front of a brown door? Or some other wood framing?

Could it be the same door as the Singing Girl and Suspender Girl? I know this may be truly reaching, but....

Edited: I also played around with the newer image and overexposed to see what we might be able to pull. I'm certain that is a stack of books behind her, but other than a cluttered mess, gee I just don't know? Any thoughts?GFC2overexposed.jpg

Last edited:
I also found this image, which "feels" like a NY apartment. I can see exposed brick, and if you enlarge the image, brick buildings outside.The walls are blue, and many elements of other images are present. (the flowered tapestry, and I think the funky geometric curtains among them.)

Interestingly, there is a dirty white fur rug. The 2nd image, there do appear to be zippers which would make us certain she is wearing a coat.

Edited: Eeuuuw!! Is that a pink swing in his room??? There is so much junk in there. Just wow.

I just found this interesting to the overall discussion of the images and wasn't sure where to add it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 2.22.03 PM.png

Prosecutor worries Alcala might have killed others – Orange County Register

Last edited:
View attachment 279803 I'm looking for "bikini girl". I brightened the original GFC photo a bit, and it looks like she may be in front of a brown door? Or some other wood framing?

Could it be the same door as the Singing Girl and Suspender Girl? I know this may be truly reaching, but....

Edited: I also played around with the newer image and overexposed to see what we might be able to pull. I'm certain that is a stack of books behind her, but other than a cluttered mess, gee I just don't know? Any thoughts?View attachment 279814
Yes I see the books. I mean this pic. I altered it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_124610.jpg
    IMG_20200530_124610.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 55
Interesting. Maybe he was out on a fire escape? Or maybe this is her apartment or a different location?

He definitely had a thing for positioning people near windows and setting them up with some natural light streaming in. In the original photo of GFC, there seems to be a ray of light coming in from a window on the side. At least it looks like natural light?

Interesting. Maybe he was out on a fire escape? Or maybe this is her apartment or a different location?

He definitely had a thing for positioning people near windows and setting them up with some natural light streaming in. In the original photo of GFC, there seems to be a ray of light coming in from a window on the side. At least it looks like natural light?
That lamp is his. I think he was inside.
Re GFC, yes I see a bit of light too, to our right.

I'm pretty sure GFC and Yellow Bikini girl are pictured in the same room and even same corner. The shelves have been partly covered. That painting with with frame is sticking out in the air. Behind it, on the he wall, is that same (post modern?) painting.

This imo is not the Greenwich place! Yet the hair etc. make me think this is before 1976. Where was he in 1974 during those months out of prison??

I'm pretty sure GFC and Yellow Bikini girl are pictured in the same room and even same corner. The shelves have been partly covered. That painting with with frame is sticking out in the air. Behind it, on the he wall, is that same (post modern?) painting.

This imo is not the Greenwich place! Yet the hair etc. make me think this is before 1976. Where was he in 1974 during those months out of prison??

I think if we can figure this out, and at least if it WAS taken in NY, definitively, I might be able to accept WF as GFC. I also played with WF's yearbook photo, and while far from perfect, when I run it through a colorizing app, she looks more like a sister or relative of GFC. I just can't shake the feeling they're not the same person. The tip of her nose is different, and her eyes are a bit wider set. It is so subtle, but just...gah! I know Carl is the expert, and really good at this, and probably correct, but something is nagging at me to keep looking.

I think if we can figure this out, and at least if it WAS taken in NY, definitively, I might be able to accept WF as GFC. I also played with WF's yearbook photo, and while far from perfect, when I run it through a colorizing app, she looks more like a sister or relative of GFClGFC. I just can't shake the feeling they're not the same person. The tip of her nose is different, and her eyes are a bit wider set. It is so subtle, but just...gah! I know Carl is the expert, and really good at this, and probably correct, but something is nagging at me to keep looking.
Could I get the photo of WF??

Edit) never mind :) got it!

Attachments

• 2878942350045078242S600x600Q851_zps4e7068fb.jpg
    2878942350045078242S600x600Q851_zps4e7068fb.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Could I get the photo of WF??

Edit) never mind :) got it!

Oops...well, I just sent you a clean image. The quality isn't the best, but it isn't Carl's, so the watermark is not covering her nose, etc. if you want to play around with it.

I think if we can figure this out, and at least if it WAS taken in NY, definitively, I might be able to accept WF as GFC. I also played with WF's yearbook photo, and while far from perfect, when I run it through a colorizing app, she looks more like a sister or relative of GFC. I just can't shake the feeling they're not the same person. The tip of her nose is different, and her eyes are a bit wider set. It is so subtle, but just...gah! I know Carl is the expert, and really good at this, and probably correct, but something is nagging at me to keep looking.
Not her by a long shot. Different cheekbones, jaw and eye shape. BUT, Now if W was say 11 y, maybe maybe. That would date GFC pic in 1979.

Ellen and this girl look nothing like each other. Idk what kind of facial blindness you need to have to make the connection
Something I've learned from following the release of these photos is that a LOT of people aren't good are recognizing/comparing photographs.

Something else I noticed about the 20/20 photos is there is, yet again, ones I don't remember seeing before. I know they won't ever show the ones with nudity or sexual acts (which is fine), but why didn't they release ALL the other ones together?

Something I've learned from following the release of these photos is that a LOT of people aren't good are recognizing/comparing photographs.

Something else I noticed about the 20/20 photos is there is, yet again, ones I don't remember seeing before. I know they won't ever show the ones with nudity or sexual acts (which is fine), but why didn't they release ALL the other ones together?

No, they were all there in the beginning except for the girl in the fur coat and one more pic of her just came out recently. But, I have seen them all and have them all in my book.

No, they were all there in the beginning except for the girl in the fur coat and one more pic of her just came out recently. But, I have seen them all and have them all in my book.

I looked at them again, and one I thought was new, I had seen after all. But there is one of the Farrah haired woman with the bluish top I hadn't seen before as well as the one of the girl in the fur coat. They should have numbered the things before releasing them. It's so frustrating.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back