Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

Google Maps

upload_2021-1-18_2-0-2.jpeg

Where the child/car was found is farther west than I initially thought. It was first reported as 1400 block of Gray St which took you to the BMW place. 1430 W Gray street is just a little farther west.
Appears to be 1.8 miles from 3300 Smith St to 1430 W Gray.

Based on links posted above:
•Last seen around 7pm
•Dropped bf off and decided to go shopping
•Took a selfie (L & her child) at 8pm
•Suddenly stopped texting father around same time
•8:30pm someone discovered the child in the car alone at Dollar Tree and call authorities.

Questions:
•Did she ever go shopping? If so, what stores?
•Where was LR when she took the selfie? Was it in the Dollar Tree parking lot or somewhere else?

Search continues for missing 34-year-old mom after her child was found alone in car
Jan. 17, 2021

“According to an update issued by Texas EquuSearch on Sunday afternoon, Read took her boyfriend to work Saturday evening and then went to a shopping center on West Gray Street. Someone later reported finding her child alone in a car.

"The baby was found in the vehicle, and when they ran the tag number and found out who it was, they realized that we got a mother that's missing," said Tim Miller with Texas EquuSearch. "When you find out about a baby in a vehicle and [a] mom missing, it puts a whole new twist on a missing woman."“

Last edited:
Search underway for missing woman after her child was found alone in vehicle, group says

It appears she was living in Utah before her fiancé & LR moved to Houston 2 years ago.

She’s just a fabulous, beautiful, smart young lady,” Randy Read said. “Her and her fiance moved to Houston with their son about two years ago.”

BBM

So if they moved to Texas two years ago with a son, and this baby is less than a year old, do they have two children? How old is the older child? Where was he during this incident?

"I had a nice chat with my daughter last night, I think it must have been right before it happened, I don't know for sure," Randy said. "The conversation just kind of ended in a weird spot, I thought they were probably having dinner and she'd message after, and then I never heard anything back."

Who is "they"?

So where could she possibly had dinner in that area?

I assumed “they” meant Laura and her child. Prior to that comment, the dad was talking about how Laura sent a selfie of the two (LR & child).

BBM

So if they moved to Texas two years ago with a son, and this baby is less than a year old, do they have two children? How old is the older child? Where was he during this incident?

I’ve read the child who was found in the car was a little younger than 2. (I’ve only read less than 1 yr in one article)
By looking at her Facebook page, it appears she may have 2 children. So maybe the oldest child has a different father. (MOO)

Also, looking at a photo posted on May 2019, LR is quite far along in her pregnancy. That date would make sense for the child to be almost 2.

Last edited:
I believe there will be many cameras between Smith St. and Gray, so it will take some time for LE to collect the video and scour it looking for her car passing through the area. Hoping that will shed some light on this puzzling case, and will lead to finding her safe somewhere.

I believe there will be many cameras between Smith St. and Gray, so it will take some time for LE to collect the video and scour it looking for her car passing through the area. Hoping that will shed some light on this puzzling case, and will lead to finding her safe somewhere.
It really is puzzling, and I hope cameras will solve it. It could be anything at this point!

Search called off.

Search called off for woman who went missing after her child was found alone in vehicle, group says

Texas EquuSearch is calling off the search Monday for a woman who went missing over the weekend.

The group said her father was contacted by Laura “Lacie” Read. He told the group that she said, via text, that she is all right. Her father said that the search should end, according to the search organization.

The group said she answered questions from her father, via text, that only she would know.

FOUND SAFE ABC13-Courtney Fischer
BREAKING - missing mom, Laura “Lacie” Read has been found (per
Texas EquuSearch
).
Laura’s father says she’s texted him to say she’s okay. It’s not clear where exactly Laura is—or what really happened last night.
For more than 24 hours, volunteers have been searching for Laura after her 19 month-old son was found alone in her car, left at a Montrose strip center.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back