Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

So I guess her boyfriend works at the restaurant and that’s supposedly where she dropped him off and then went to the shopping center where she left her baby alone in the car and never came back? I don’t think so. :confused:

Prayers up for LR tonight. I hope she is found safe.

I've been focusing on the baby in the vehicle alone. MOO some options in general on how a baby would end up alone in an abandoned vehicle. I do not believe we have enough information to say which, if any, of these options fit this case. Just thinking outloud on general options.
  1. Adult attacked and kidnapped (surprise attack) after they put the child in car. This could be a stranger or someone known to adult.
  2. Adult abandoned child on purpose putting child in car, locking, leaving car in a place child would be found.
  3. Adult killed or incapacitated elsewhere. Second adult with access to child leaves child to be found as a diversion.
  4. Adult in accident while driving with child. Head injury causes adult to forget child or attempt to get help.
  5. Adult forgets child is in car and leaves car.
  6. Two adults and child in vehicle. Fight between two adults. One incapacitates other and takes them from scene leaving child.
Can anyone think of other general scenarios where a child could be left in a vehicle?

MOO

That is what I am wondering also... UTAH ??? of course, anyone can put anything on their FB page, but wondering if this is truly her page ???
I have been reading many different comments on different articles and all come back to this being her. I would also like to point out she is a makeup/hair artist/stay home mom so I'm sure she enjoys changing her looks. Beautiful young woman. Prayers for her safety. IMO

I have been reading many different comments on different articles and all come back to this being her. I would also like to point out she is a makeup/hair artist/stay home mom so I'm sure she enjoys changing her looks. Beautiful young woman. Prayers for her safety. IMO
Same here.
I believe it is her fb, but can’t say I’m 100% positive.

Laura Read's parents speak out as search continues | khou.com

This may help answer some of our questions!
•Appears the fb link I posted is hers
•seems it was 8:30pm when her child was discovered in the car
•no cameras in the parking lot.

The parents of Laura "Lacie" Read are speaking out, pleading for help finding their daughter. Lacie has been missing since Saturday and authorities continue to search for her.

Randy and his wife Sharon are desperate for answers. They live in Utah and learned Sunday afternoon their 34-year-old daughter Lacie disappeared.

Randy said he texted with his daughter Saturday night. She sent him a selfie of her and her son. Lacie's dad says that the selfie came in just before 8 p.m.

"I had a nice chat with my daughter last night, I think it must have been right before it happened, I don't know for sure," Randy said. "The conversation just kind of ended in a weird spot, I thought they were probably having dinner and she'd message after, and then I never heard anything back."

Thirty minutes after that selfie sent, Texas Equusearch says her car was found parked outside the Dollar Tree in Montrose. Her baby was spotted alone in the vehicle.

We went to construction sites, checked inside so many dumpsters, we got flyers out too," said Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch.

But nothing yet. Miller says there weren't surveillance cameras in the parking lot and they too are fearing the worst as each hour goes by.

Texas Equusearch says her car was found parked outside the Dollar Tree in Montrose. Her baby was spotted alone in the vehicle.

Google Maps

Here’s the parking lot outside the Dollar Tree.
Address: 1430 W Gray St

Link provides street view as well.

ETA; It seems like a pretty busy shopping area/parking lot. I pray someone saw something..anything!

“"She was in great spirits, she was doing great, hopefully, she still is," Randy said.

The baby is safe and with family. On Sunday, search crews panned out across the Montrose area for hours trying to find any sign of Lacie.

"We went to construction sites, checked inside so many dumpsters, we got flyers out too," said Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch.

But nothing yet. Miller says there weren't surveillance cameras in the parking lot and they too are fearing the worst as each hour goes by.

"Time is critical," said Miller. "We don't see any mothers leaving a baby in the car especially babies less than a year old that's for sure. We've had a lot of miracles in 20 plus years we've been doing this and we're just hoping for another one today.““

[...]

“Texas Equusearch tells KHOU 11 News they expect to resume their search by 8 Monday morning. They're hoping the public calls in tips to help them narrow a search area. If you have any information on Lacie's disappearance, call Houston police at 832-394-1840.“

Laura Read, 34, reported missing in Houston | khou.com
Jan. 17, 2021

Search underway for missing woman after her child was found alone in vehicle, group says

Additional article

The family of 34-year-old Laura Lacie Read is asking for the public’s help to find her.

Read was reported missing after her 1-year-old son, Xayden, was found alone in a vehicle, according to Texas EquuSearch.

•last seen about 7 p.m. Saturday in the 3300 block of Smith Street in Midtown.

•Texas EquuSearch said Read’s child was found alone in a vehicle in Midtown, just outside a Dollar Tree.

So she was last seen on Smith Street and her child was found in the car at Dollar Tree on W Gray.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back