Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

FOUND SAFE ABC13-Courtney Fischer
BREAKING - missing mom, Laura “Lacie” Read has been found (per
Texas EquuSearch
).
Laura’s father says she’s texted him to say she’s okay. It’s not clear where exactly Laura is—or what really happened last night.
For more than 24 hours, volunteers have been searching for Laura after her 19 month-old son was found alone in her car, left at a Montrose strip center.
This makes me uncomfortable. How on earth are texts proof of life or that someone is not in harms way? I am glad that she has made contact though (if it is her that is).

This makes me uncomfortable. How on earth are texts proof of life or that someone is not in harms way? I am glad that she has made contact though (if it is her that is).
My brain is in overdrive. Maybe she had a breakdown and is in a hospital or something that could be verified. I'm not saying this is the case. IMO

I agree. If you go missing and want to prove you're you, why not make a phone call or Facetime? (Unless you're not safe, in which case you should be texting for help.) Texts prove nothing.

Wow this is crazy. Unless she has a history of leaving her kid places, I feel like something weird must have happened! I don’t know, but I’m glad she’s been found. They’ll definitely need to get to the bottom of this and make sure her kids are safe.

Wow! So happy LR appears to be safe! Still so many open questions here. I'm confident LE will interview LR in person and determine next steps.

I hope both of her children are ok.

Most of our cases don't end with a person being alive. In this case the child is alive and LR too. For that I'm so thankful.

MOO

I wondered about the 8pm selfie and little one found in a car at 8:30pm. Midtown Houston at night during Covid - shopping - kind of threw me. Maybe milk or some other necessity. I hope they are able to do a face to face with her father or mother to verify her safety.

At this time TES has NOT updated their website or SM with the found info. Until we have more confirmation, we will probably not move this to LOCATED, even though there are MSM reports of such. We will most likely wait until we hear from LE and perhaps TES.

From what her dad said about their chat ending in a weird spot, it sounds like she was interrupted by someone? Her father was told in a text this morning to call off the search, but no idea where she is. I’m not convinced it was her yet.

This is a very interesting interview with Tim Miller of TES.
He said at least once he is speechless at the way this has unfolded. He is perplexed on what the circumstances are. He was adamant that the picture she sent her Dad today looks nothing like the pictures they had been using for the search. He mentions they are trying to trace the number from which she texted her Dad this morning, because they do not know her location. He said she is supposed to call HPD and her boyfriend this afternoon, but he did not know if she had done that yet.

Tim also said her phone had been found in Marshall’s. I had missed that tidbit. That seemed to puzzle Tim and he said it could have been done deliberately to throw off searchers if she made a choice to disappear, OR it could have been a desperate act to signal for help if she was in trouble.

It’s a good interview and worth a watch.

Last edited:
This is a very interesting interview with Tim Miller of TES.
He said at least once he is speechless at the way this has unfolded. He is perplexed on what the circumstances are. He was adamant that the picture she sent her Dad today looks nothing like the pictures they had been using for the search. He mentions they are trying to trace the number from which she texted her Dad this morning, because they do not know her location. He said she is supposed to call HOD this afternoon, but he did not know if she had done that yet.

Tim also said her phone had been found in Marshall’s. I had missed that tidbit. That seemed to puzzle Tim and he said it could have been done deliberately to throw off searchers if she made a choice to disappear, OR it could have been a desperate act to signal for help if she was in trouble.

It’s a good interview and worth a watch.

Wow...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back