Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it is a small town, He has 3 other agencies working the case. Maybe he's just too out spoken,and they want to dial that down a bit. Keep their cards close to their chest. MOO
I hope you are right . The more I dive into this case the more and more scared I get . They moved pretty much out in the desert .. my mind can kind of go outside the box so I’m thinking was it just a plot to completely throw police off ? Like the boys were never there so they are like hey search where ever you need !!!! moo

Thanks as always Amanda !!!
Reading the timeline as it is in this article, the one thing that stood out to me the most was how many times LE searched the house.
I know that would be normal to search there since AD said that is "last" place they were.
But the multiple searches, the dogs hitting only INSIDE the house and NOT OUTSIDE, where the boys supposedly went missing from, well.... that to me says a lot. IMO

Well, I believe this is where the story starts going cold. MSM never seemed interested in two missing little boys who were adopted. It appears they were failed by everyone in this life. I've just been heartbroken over these children. Everything is MOO.
No--- it is not going cold, IMO
LE is just getting ducks in a row, waiting for forensics to come back with whatever they took from the home, backyard and car.
Not cold at all
Arrest(s) will be coming.

I have watched all the interviews now with the police chief and I have to be honest I am losing faith in his capability and his determination and to find out where the heck these boys are? How in the world did he say he hasn’t seen the neighbors video of four kids getting into the van? I mean what is going on
Don't give up hope
We have seen before where LE says things purposely to not give out clues or investigation process.
Lauren Wallens boyfriend sat with her parents during LE conference all the while they knew he killed her ...but had to wait for forensic evidence and proof before arresting him.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you for posting this article.

Snipped from the article:

We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

IMHO
bbm
Thanks for the post and link, @fcavanaugh and @Mitch1 !

Whoahhh... I thought LE found evidence that kids lived there, just not O&O ?
Or, maybe LE are revealing more information in order to bring pressure on certain people ?
Let's say the little boys were kidnapped (TBH, I'm not getting vibes of that scenario from LE), maybe LE want the possible perps to sweat ?

One item I haven't really seen mentioned as fact is : Did the neighbors see any of the boys out and about in the yard, playing ?
I realize the siblings are accounted for, but am wanting more information on when the 'vacation' started, and before that --- if the older boys played outside-- did neighbors think everything was fine and normal ?
Imo.

Two missing boys: Chief of Police in California City gives new information on investigation

He says the police are still in contact with the adoptive parents, who have been cooperative throughout the investigation. He also confirmed that they are no longer in their home, and are now staying in Bakersfield.

“They’ve been back a couple of times to either take items out or whatever,” Walker said. “But we spot check it quite often and we don’t see a lot of activity in the house.”

He says there’s no possibility the boys, or the boys’ bodies, are in the house.

“We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any
kids (Chief Walker said "HITS") anywhere in the house.”

There’s still plenty of evidence and security footage to go through. So far, they’ve found nothing significant. Despite this, he says this case is far from getting cold.

“We’re not at a point now that we’re exhausted or want to give up.”

They previously had four supporting agencies on the investigation- but now they have two: the FBI and Bakersfield Police. Chief Walker says he appreciates search efforts from the community and encourages people to continue looking.

Last edited:
Interesting points from Chief Walker-
  • We are processing evidence. Hours of security video from the surrounding neighborhood, hours of body cam video that was downloaded and turned in from the investigation that we are still going through and hours of interviews that we are still going over.
  • No significant results as of yet, from the forensic evidence collected from the house.
  • CCPD did not pay for or were involved with boarding up the house.
  • If LE needs to go back inside the house in the future they will secure another warrant. LE was last at the house a week and a half ago and took one new piece of evidence.
  • LE has brought search & cadaver dogs in to search the house & property.
  • DA's office is lending help in the investigation.
  • TW & JW are in staying in Bakersfield currently, they have been readily available every time LE has reached out to them.
  • LE has searched the attic, fireplace and plumbing. There are no secret rooms in the house.

“We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

I have to disagree with what KGET has quoted from Walker. I watched the interview and to me it sounds like he says HITS and not kids at 7:45 | Full interview: Chief of Police in California City discusses two missing boys investigation, adoptive parents, rumors | KGET 17

Thank you for posting this article/interview with Chief Walker.

Snipped from the article:

We’ve looked everywhere possible in a house we could possibly look,” Walker said. “We brought in search dogs, cadaver dogs, any dog you can think of has been in that house and has not had any kids anywhere in the house.”

IMHO
I listened to this part carefully- Chief Walker did not say there were no kids in the house. He said they have searched every bit of the house and property (including with dogs) and Orrin & Orson are not anywhere in the house. Meaning their bodies are not hidden, buried, or otherwise disposed there.

He was responding to Perla's question about rumors the boys bodies may be "under the house".

Wow at the update ! Interesting that he acknowledges that they are looking at the neighbor's videos. He also did not commit to saying when was the last time anyone besides the parents saw or talked to the babies.

bbm
Thanks for the post and link, @fcavanaugh and @Mitch1 !

Whoahhh... I thought LE found evidence that kids lived there, just not O&O ?
Or, maybe LE are revealing more information in order to bring pressure on certain people ?
Let's say the little boys were kidnapped (TBH, I'm not getting vibes of that scenario from LE), maybe LE want the possible perps to sweat ?

One item I haven't really seen mentioned as fact is : Did the neighbors see any of the boys out and about in the yard, playing ?
I realize the siblings are accounted for, but am wanting more information on when the 'vacation' started, and before that --- if the older boys played outside-- did neighbors think everything was fine and normal ?
Imo.

I don't think LE has any way of knowing if the babies scents were in the house. How would they know if what the parents gave them belonged to Orrin or Orson ?

The neighbors in California City have not seen any children outside playing ever.

Last edited:
I listened to this part carefully- Chief Walker did not say there were no kids in the house. He said they have searched every bit of the house and property (including with dogs) and Orrin & Orson are not anywhere in the house. Meaning their bodies are not hidden, buried, or otherwise disposed there.

He was responding to Perla's question about rumors the boys bodies may be "under the house".
Thank you @Knox. :)
I got excited and posted the snippet from the article before listening to the video interview with the Chief, as video was initially taking forever to load on my phone. Watched and rewatched video since, and you’re exactly right, KGET article misquoted the Chief.

IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads