Identified! TX - Houston, BlkMale 77UMTX, 23-40, found strangled, Jul'86 - N/W

4 famous Doe cases solved in the same week? 2021 sure blesses us with its generosity!
Yes, it is crazy! A very good beginning of 2021, we all needed some good news! Actually according to the latest news the DNA Doe Project identified around 48 Does but only 34 of them were officially announced as identified (in a few cases the names were withheld), so at least 14 more identified but not announced, all of these announcements can happen in 2021. I hope Old Oak Doe is one of them.

Unfortunately not, I asked her if an announcement will be made in the future and she hasn't responded yet. I didn't ask for the decedent's name, the family must be going through a lot right now.
I'm very sorry for their family. Even if they keep the Doe's name private, I'm just happy they're going home.

Here was her response "Thank you for your inquiry. This decedent has been identified"
Was this in response to whether there will be announcement, or your original query?

In any case, amazing news that they were able to make a positive ID. Especially considering how distant the matches initially seemed to be.

Was this in response to whether there will be announcement, or your original query?

In any case, amazing news that they were able to make a positive ID. Especially considering how distant the matches initially seemed to be.
I asked if there would be announcement after I asked if there had been a positive ID

According to the DDP facebook page (updates on the pinpost) they have been identified but the details are withheld. Most importantly, they are identified and and I really hope justice will be restored. Rest in power, beautiful soul!

Last edited:
Yes, as I understand, if a unidentified murder victim gets its name back, LE usually releases the name so leads can come in.

Maybe a Press Conference is due to be announced.
I thought murder victims were always publicly named eventually? Possibly LE are taking time to explore this person's life and whether they had anyone in their life who could be a suspect.

Transdoe task force also published an update which says Live Oak Doe was identified but the name is withheld... It is only mentioned that they were identified by DDP using forensic geneology

Last edited:
I thought murder victims were always publicly named eventually? Possibly LE are taking time to explore this person's life and whether they had anyone in their life who could be a suspect.
On Namus their official cause of death was cardiac arrest, make no sense to me! I thought it is possible to say if a person was strangled and it was the cause of their death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back