GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the result on BBC - good! I'm far behind on the threads so not up to date with everything, but so far as I'd got (most the way through the defence case) I could see it'd be very a hard decision for the jury, so I'm not surprised it took so long, or that it had to be a majority in the end. I'm still rather unconvinced that murder was actually proved by the evidence; to me it seemed likely that he'd killed her, and certain that his actions led to her death one way or another, but I'd have had trouble actually voting guilty on what was reported, as there were definitely other plausible scenarios as well as the one that he directly murdered her.

However, as I say, I'm certain his actions led to her death, and he's clearly very very dangerous to young women, so I'm glad it went that way, and hope he gets a very long sentence for the sake of public safety.

I'm honestly overjoyed for Libbys family, friends and loved ones.

As much as I wasn't sure Murder was proven, I hope I did make it clear throughout I had faith in the Jury to reach the correct verdict and above all I hoped justice would be served for dear Libby, whatever that justice may be.

I hope this verdict brings some crumbs of comfort to her now, long suffering family and gives them some kind of closure that enables them to move forward with their lives and remember Libby with love and fondness, rather than pain and anguish.

RIP dear sweet Libby ❤
Forever held in the hearts of the people of Hull, I'm sorry we couldn't keep you safe.

16:13
University of Hull reacts to verdicts
Professor Susan Lea, Vice-Chancellor at the University of Hull, said: “Our thoughts today are very much with Libby’s family and friends. Nothing will ever fill the void left in their lives; however, we hope the verdict today brings them a sense of closure.

“What took place in February 2019 deeply affected everyone at the University and those within the local community. Libby made a huge impact during her time at Hull, and will be remembered fondly by all who met her.

“We have always had a strong and supportive community at the University - both on campus and in the surrounding area.

"At the time of Libby’s disappearance, we saw students, staff and members of the local community come together to support one another. The kindness and care shown by everyone was overwhelming.

“As a University, we will continue to provide support to all those who knew Libby, and indeed our whole community, in what is a deeply upsetting and difficult time.”

Libby Squire trial live: Pawel Relowicz found guilty of murder and rape

Good. I'm very glad they came out for murder in the end, but I can understand why it took so long to get there.
I was in the camp that didn't think there was quite enough evidence to prove murder, but I had no doubts that he raped her and was responsible for her death.
If I had been on the jury I would have gone along with those who were sure of the murder charge, because of all we already knew about this creature.
I will say though that if we had capital punishment I would have had to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes it is. It will now just be a case of how many years the Judge gives before he may apply for parole.
Added for accuracy! :)

Just saw the result! From the relief I felt, I can't imagine how Libby's family and friends are feeling. I've felt since the start of the trial that he was guilty of both but obviously that doesn't mean my thoughts would translate to what the jury decided.

I'm honestly overjoyed for Libbys family, friends and loved ones.

As much as I wasn't sure Murder was proven, I hope I did make it clear throughout I had faith in the Jury to reach the correct verdict and above all I hoped justice would be served for dear Libby, whatever that justice may be.

I hope this verdict brings some crumbs of comfort to her now, long suffering family and gives them some kind of closure that enables them to move forward with their lives and remember Libby with love and fondness, rather than pain and anguish.

RIP dear sweet Libby ❤
Forever held in the hearts of the people of Hull, I'm sorry we couldn't keep you safe.

This is everything I also feel put perfectly into the words I couldn’t find x
Rest in Peace Libby, justice has been done ❤️

Last edited:
It is great that sentencing will ge given tomorrow and Libby's parents can start the closure they need. It would be agony if having to wait weeks for a sentence,
Many thanks to @jamjim for all your time and also @Niner. And thanks to all who have contributed over this long harrowing time. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member