GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't copy from Twitter!! Apologies for rubbish link. It's a piece by Sophie Corcoran

It was definitely a poor investigation by Humberside Police into his previous crimes. I live right in his 'catchment' area and take an interest in local news and I never heard anything about it at the time.

The Polish community is quite large and well established in this area and I believe they would have been very co-operative in helping find the perpetrator if it had been made more public and the news that they knew he was Polish had been shared.
Did they know he was Polish?

Basically, The Sun, a tabloid newspaper, wrote themselves off in 1989 when they blamed the Liverpool football fans for the horrific deadly crush at Hillsborough football stadium in Sheffield during a cup final between the two teams, calling them hooligans. It was the failings of the police for letting too many people into the ground. Coincidentally it is Justice Lambert who worked on this inquiry.

The Sun was also one of the last papers to abolish publishing photos of topless models on its infamous ‘Page Three’. So not at all reputable!! So this paper is also a factor in fuelling some mens’ belief of entitlement to women for purposes only of sex. Jmo. Good riddance PR.

Hillsborough disaster - Wikipedia
Yes I would agree that the Sun plays a large part in fuelling the entitlement to sex thing.

I had a broken arm during the Leveson enquiry into press behaviour. Hillsborough was covered there but also their hacking of Milly Dowlers phone.

I watched her parents evidence on how they'd been given false hope by her inbox being cleared. Then I read her sisters book which was harrowing. They were awful - hacked her phone, the investigating officers phones even withheld potential evidence

Yes I would agree that the Sun plays a large part in fuelling the entitlement to sex thing.

I had a broken arm during the Leveson enquiry into press behaviour. Hillsborough was covered there but also their hacking of Milly Dowlers phone.

I watched her parents evidence on how they'd been given false hope by her inbox being cleared. Then I read her sisters book which was harrowing. They were awful - hacked her phone, the investigating officers phones even withheld potential evidence

That’s awful

Yes, Gemmas book is utterly heartbreaking. Would recommend posters on here to read it; although it is a difficult read sometimes it gives a valuable insight into a murder investigation and subsequent trial from a families point of view. I was astounded at how little the police could (or would) share with them.

Indeed, but I am talking as an EU citizen and the same would apply to Relowicz. But if they had at least interviewed him, they could have taken his fingerprints, no?
I think they could if it was in relation to an investigation. And taken DNA. And then hopefully the database would have just gone mad with matches.

Didn't they say in court that they found out about his other crimes on the 9th. Only took three days for matches to come thru by the sounds of it

I think they could if it was in relation to an investigation. And taken DNA. And then hopefully the database would have just gone mad with matches.

Didn't they say in court that they found out about his other crimes on the 9th. Only took three days for matches to come thru by the sounds of it

If you are arrested you need to provide prints by law:
Being arrested: your rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members