MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

I assume it just means J & her boyfriend. I know it says at some point but that can mean each at some point, not necessarily both at the same point.

Bit silly of them mind, because I don’t think anybody thinks he’s still in the boat!

Hikers might be worn in a boat but probably not cowboy, roper, riding boots which are smooth and therefore slick on the sole. Also too expensive to be slogging around in muddy water in my deep south opinion.

Vanished New Albany woman has Chickasaw ties

Sorry if all this has been discussed, but I just have to note a few things that stand out in this article:
•The two apparently planned to float downstream in the little tin boat. People often shoot wild hogs from the river; it’s unclear if that’s what she and her male companion planned to do.
Can’t LE just ask the guy she was with what they were supposedly hunting that day??
•Her boots were later found; they had been cut off her.
What would be reasons for cutting boots off?
Do they believe she cut them herself? If so, with what?
•Her coat and gloves were found near her boots.
Again, what would be reasons (that made sense) to leave a coat & gloves behind?
•She didn’t have her cell phone with her at the time she left the boat; it was later located and turned in.
•Searchers combing the area later located the boat about a mile upriver from the Rocky Ford bridge at Etta.
So her “companion” just abandoned the boat?
•Her purse was in the boat.
Who carries their purse when hunting...in a boat?

Another question that came to mind...

Could she have possibly gotten out of the boat because she decided to walk out from the river bottom (as indicated) and hunt while doing so?

Also, did she have a gun or bow to hunt with that day?

MDWFP - Wild Hog Regulations in Mississippi

Hunting - Private Lands

License Requirements: Residents: a valid Lifetime, All Game, or Sportsman's License unless otherwise exempt.

Nonresidents: a valid NR All Game Hunting License.

Hunting with archery equipment and/or Primitive Weapons during archery or primitive weapon season: Valid Lifetime, All game, or Sportsman's License and the Archery/Primitive Weapon Permit, unless otherwise exempt.

Other Requirements: Designated agents of the landowner/leaseholder must have written permission from the landowner/leaseholder in his or her possession. A designated agent is anyone who is not the deed holder or leaseholder and has permission by a landowner or leaseholder to hunt or trap on a specific property.

Hours/Season: Landowners and leaseholders may hunt nuisance animals year-round at any time of day or night with no weapon/caliber restrictions on property titled in their name or otherwise owned, or leased by them.

Designated agents (persons with permission) of the landowners / leaseholders may hunt nuisance animals year-round at any time of day or night with no weapon / caliber restrictions, provided they have written permission from the landowner or leaseholder in his or her possession, when hunting nuisance animals.

Hunting - Public Lands

Consult specific regulations on any public lands before hunting wild hogs. Regulations may be more restrictive than private lands. "On public lands, the governmental entity charged with the management of said lands may or may not allow the taking of nuisance animals (wild hogs) subject to applicable laws, rules, or regulations. It is the hunter's responsibility to check with the entity managing the property before hunting nuisance animals (wild hogs) on those lands."

MDWFP Wildlife Management Areas (WMA) Properties: Wild hogs may be taken incidental to hunting activities during any open hunting season with weapons and ammunition legal for that hunting season.

Vanished New Albany woman has Chickasaw ties

Sorry if all this has been discussed, but I just have to note a few things that stand out in this article:
•The two apparently planned to float downstream in the little tin boat. People often shoot wild hogs from the river; it’s unclear if that’s what she and her male companion planned to do.
Can’t LE just ask the guy she was with what they were supposedly hunting that day??
•Her boots were later found; they had been cut off her.
What would be reasons for cutting boots off?
Do they believe she cut them herself? If so, with what?
•Her coat and gloves were found near her boots.
Again, what would be reasons (that made sense) to leave a coat & gloves behind?
•She didn’t have her cell phone with her at the time she left the boat; it was later located and turned in.
•Searchers combing the area later located the boat about a mile upriver from the Rocky Ford bridge at Etta.
So her “companion” just abandoned the boat?
•Her purse was in the boat.
Who carries their purse when hunting...in a boat?

GREAT post. My opinion: if she had just walked way from that boat and something happened to her out there, they would have found her by now. If she had walked away and made it out to the road for a pick-up by friend or foe, her clothing and belongings wouldn't be strewn out in the woods. Something ELSE happened that night. Ole Jerry is up to his eye balls in something bad and I hope the truth comes out.

Hikers might be worn in a boat but probably not cowboy, roper, riding boots which are smooth and therefore slick on the sole. Also too expensive to be slogging around in muddy water in my deep south opinion.

Not voluntarily, anyway. Agree, not something one would wear on purpose to go out in those conditions or on one of those kind of boats.

I agree. Good point. But since nothing else in this story makes any sense, I wouldn't figure rational footwear choices ranked very high in their thinking that day either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back