Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

It would be nice to know if where she stashed her phone and ID was where she typically kept them when she was working. I would think that the employees would not be allowed to carry their phone on them. Some places don’t have lockers and you just have to hide your things under a cabinet. I would buy that she ran outside real quick to chat with someone, leaving her phone and ID, but what’s up with the sunglasses?

It would be nice to know if where she stashed her phone and ID was where she typically kept them when she was working. I would think that the employees would not be allowed to carry their phone on them. Some places don’t have lockers and you just have to hide your things under a cabinet. I would buy that she ran outside real quick to chat with someone, leaving her phone and ID, but what’s up with the sunglasses?
The sunglasses are very curious, especially at night. A feeble attempt to conceal identity?

I'm very interested in this alleged argument she had on the premises earlier in the day. Any additional detail on that?

Amateur opinion and speculation

The sunglasses are very curious, especially at night. A feeble attempt to conceal identity?

I'm very interested in this alleged argument she had on the premises earlier in the day. Any additional detail on that?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just spitballing here:

I wonder if those sunglasses were Lexie’s. I don’t recall what time she went in to work, but it’s strange that she would have taken sunglasses.

Bear with me: Someone leaves their nice, fancy sunglasses at the cashier’s station or on the table (either intentionally or accidentally). They call the restaurant and speak to Lexie. The front door would be locked because the restaurant is closed and she would need someone with a key to open the door, so she tells them to meet her in the back to get their glasses. She tries on the fancy sunglasses and walks out to give them to “someone”. It would explain the sunglasses and why she left her things behind. It seems that she would have told her coworker, “I need to run these out to the car” or something.

I dunno. Just trying to make something make sense.

MOO
IMO

Nothing ominous about a black BMW or Mercedes with tinted windows in Dallas. Black is probably the most popular color for luxury cars here.

My sister drives a black BMW with tinted windows and I'm pretty sure she's not a pimp lol.
Oh my, pardon me. I’m generalizing to my own area. Mea culpa!

amateur opinion and speculation

I know that tinted windows in Tx is common.
I also know that tinted windows on drug dealers cars are common.
I think Lexi had no intentions of running away. I also think that when she left her phone behind, she had every intention of coming back.
The sun glasses at night? To me, only one explanation, and that's so nobody could make out who she was.
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt if the person she had the argument had her phone number. If someone did call the restaurant wanting to meet and make things right. LE could get the time when the argument took place, and check the numbers that called the restaurant after that.
I may be wrong, but, IMO, that's not what happened. I doubt she would have gone out back to be alone with someone she may have seen as a potential threat. And why the sunglasses if that's the case?

A big clue to me is. Who owned the sunglasses?
If they were hers, then I'm going with my above post.
If they were not hers, then the post above about someone calling about their lost sunglasses and her bringing them out to them (especially with Covid) makes sense to me anyway.
There's only one question if that's the case. I would think she would have walked up to the drivers side window and gave them the glasses. Why did she get in the car? Did someone have a gun on her at that point? Was someone in the passengers seat with the window down and she handed them the glasses and they forced her in the car?.

It's so fascinating that the detail of bringing the sunglasses changes my guesses on what probably happened. To me, the sunglasses make me think that she intended on leaving then and there to "disappear" whether she was coerced or voluntarily. ID, phone, debt cards are all things that one would leave behind if they're trying to not be tracked or found. The sunglasses are the one thing that didn't tie directly to her.

Such an intriguing case.

MOO

It's so fascinating that the detail of bringing the sunglasses changes my guesses on what probably happened. To me, the sunglasses make me think that she intended on leaving then and there to "disappear" whether she was coerced or voluntarily. ID, phone, debt cards are all things that one would leave behind if they're trying to not be tracked or found. The sunglasses are the one thing that didn't tie directly to her.

Such an intriguing case.

MOO
You may be right, but let me ask you this.
If she was planning on disappearing, why wear the sunglasses? To conceal her identity after she was in the car? It was at night, and the car had tinted windows.
To keep her co-workers from noticing it was her disappearing? I doubt she would have left her phone etc. in the restaurant if she was trying to keep that a secret. You'd think she would have taken all that and tossed it in the trash someplace. Leaving those items for others to find would have raised concern earlier imo, and although it didn't happen, someone could have contacted her house letting her dad or someone else know where they were giving her less of a jump in time to get away.
I'm surprised that where it's been a week now, there hasn't been an update on the parking lot surveillance.
All MOO.

I don't believe this had anything to do with drugs, nor with Alexis taking off voluntarily. For now. Just seems to me that she was too close to her family to run away. She even wrote that she was blessed to have such a close connection to her family.

I fear for her.

You may be right, but let me ask you this.
If she was planning on disappearing, why wear the sunglasses? To conceal her identity after she was in the car? It was at night, and the car had tinted windows.
To keep her co-workers from noticing it was her disappearing? I doubt she would have left her phone etc. in the restaurant if she was trying to keep that a secret. You'd think she would have taken all that and tossed it in the trash someplace. Leaving those items for others to find would have raised concern earlier imo, and although it didn't happen, someone could have contacted her house letting her dad or someone else know where they were giving her less of a jump in time to get away.
I'm surprised that where it's been a week now, there hasn't been an update on the parking lot surveillance.
All MOO.
Thanks for the response. My (completely opinionated) thought I’d that she just grabbed the sunglasses as she wanted then for wherever she’s going in the following days/months etc. not necessarily to disguise herself, but to take them as it might have been her one piece of belongings that she believed wouldn’t trace her whereabouts.

All speculation of course.

Did she walk out early? Before her shift ended?

The place isn’t that big and the coworkers know each other, wouldn’t the manager on duty notice what was probably the youngest member of his crew suddenly missing?

The normal procedure was to walk out the front door at the end of the night. Wouldn’t the manager walk out with them? Especially a 15/16 year old. At that time of night? So it would have been noticed that she wasn’t there, yet no one said a word?

We always had the buddy system working nights. It’s not like they would have 15-20 people working that night and no one knew her.

Somebody knows something. JMO

Are we sure they were regular sunglasses, could they possibly be prescription sunglasses? ( I know this doesn't make sense as it was night time but neither does regular sunglasses)

MOO

Some people think they look cool wearing sunglasses, so they wear them in the dark. If they were prescription glasses, wouldn't she have been wearing them, rather than putting them on, when she left the building?

It sounds to me like she made a choice to leave her phone and ID behind, and to go with the person in the dark car behind the restaurant. I doubt she made a choice to walk away from her life without a trace. If the cook had not seen her leave, and had not seen the car, it would seem like something random happened in the alley.

I hope that police are checking CCTV footage to discover what happened. There should be an Amber Alert when the vehicle is identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back