UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her dad bless him may RIP had offered her his car in the past and I believe she took that offer probably weekends and or when he was on holidays.
Is it a fact that in the past her dad offered her the use of his car to travel to work?

I agree looking at the detail, it’s hard, though I have tried - imagine every step she took once inside her home, from work it was said she went back out to post another letter - did she drop her rucksack by the front door and pick up the letter and go straight out with it - or did she take her boots off - change into her slippers - compose the letter and then change back into her boots. Her rucksack still at the front door? - I see on the back of her door she has hooks - is that where her rucksack lived? - it would be nice to have a plan of her house - in as much detail as possible.
My point was to establish Claudia's normal behaviour before questioning odd behaviour - phone switched on and off at different times of the day and what she wrote in text messages et c

Well I tried my best to read through past posts but there is just too much to process. I didn’t want to touch on information that had been long discussed.

I wouldn’t be adding value by speculating further but a couple of things play on my mind.
* Staring is in the face, The image of CL holding a camera, was this retrieved? I assume it had a memory card or required a connection to a computer to download the images. Where were these photos stored? It is reported she didn’t own a computer or have the home internet access. Did she use the computers at Uni after her shifts?
* Alleyway Man- I believe that the alleyway was previously open from the Nags car park. Assuming he walked down HR and was up to no good would he not have cut behind the pub?
* There was mention of a key pad or key box outside 15 HP. Could he of been going to retrieve (pm) then drop off (am) a door key to the properties key box?
*The flashing lights in the window of the house in the corner is currently up for sale. Looking at the position of the TV could it have been the screen illuminating the window? Property for Sale in Heworth Road, York YO31 - Buy Properties in Heworth Road, York YO31 - Zoopla
* I think it is fair to say the police have a wealth of CCTV which most likely places the suspects in the vicinity of CLs house. The quality is poor which may prevent it being so clear cut. From the hard work of forum members it is clear the CCTV that has been released by NYP is doctored or certainly incredibly selective. I struggled with the images of showing multiple people on HR on the morning of the 19th but again having access to all the footage from surrounding properties probably would have stopped a lot of speculation.

Well I tried my best to read through past posts but there is just too much to process. I didn’t want to touch on information that had been long discussed.

I wouldn’t be adding value by speculating further but a couple of things play on my mind.
* Staring is in the face, The image of CL holding a camera, was this retrieved? I assume it had a memory card or required a connection to a computer to download the images. Where were these photos stored? It is reported she didn’t own a computer or have the home internet access. Did she use the computers at Uni after her shifts?
* Alleyway Man- I believe that the alleyway was previously open from the Nags car park. Assuming he walked down HR and was up to no good would he not have cut behind the pub?
* There was mention of a key pad or key box outside 15 HP. Could he of been going to retrieve (pm) then drop off (am) a door key to the properties key box?
*The flashing lights in the window of the house in the corner is currently up for sale. Looking at the position of the TV could it have been the screen illuminating the window? Property for Sale in Heworth Road, York YO31 - Buy Properties in Heworth Road, York YO31 - Zoopla
* I think it is fair to say the police have a wealth of CCTV which most likely places the suspects in the vicinity of CLs house. The quality is poor which may prevent it being so clear cut. From the hard work of forum members it is clear the CCTV that has been released by NYP is doctored or certainly incredibly selective. I struggled with the images of showing multiple people on HR on the morning of the 19th but again having access to all the footage from surrounding properties probably would have stopped a lot of speculation.
That's a good point about the memory card.

Sorry If this has been discussed before

The sink picture at the following link:
REVEALED: Claudia Lawrence ‘Mystery Man’ CCTV enhanced in cold case review - The Commentator

After looking at this picture; I.M.O (feel free anyone to 'pull me up' if you disagree :) ) :

• I acknowledge items may have been added by the perpetrator/perpetrators as ''Red Herrings'' or removed by the authorities for examination
  • I can only see 2 pieces of cutlery which I presume is a knife and fork combination?
  • I do not think we should presume they have been used in a Breakfast meal; where is the spoon?
  • What are the White particles in the bowl? Is it remnants of cereal with Milk soaked in? Or is it Yoghurt or bread ?
  • Does anyone know what Claudia normally had for breakfast?
  • What dark implement is under the dinner plate, bowl and tea plate? You can see the corner of the item on the bottom left hand side of the picture. Is it a small and shallow frying pan; or is it the corner of an oven tray? To me, it looks like the handle of a long sharp kitchen knife. If you look at the back of the sink, you can see the end of the blade between the 2 pint glasses on the left of the sink
  • Why are there only 2 pieces of cutlery present; yet there is a dinner plate, bowl and tea plate?
  • Could someone clean the picture up' and work out what is in the bowl? Could it be remnants of Prawn Crackers?
  • Have the pint glasses been filled up unintentionally when Claudia has been brushing her Teeth because the taps have been running?
  • Maybe Claudia was very tidy; and the items were from a meal on the night of the 18th, but Claudia never had a chance to deal with the washing up
there is two long sharp knives in there, the glasses placed to the right of the sink in position make me curious the wine glass and the pint glass - did Claudia put them in there or someone else?

Someone on Reddit reckons the police know the identity of the killer but they can't prove it

Well, yes, I think that is the situation. The police tried to go to court with their theory but the CPR didn't think they had a strong enough case. Sadly the police just don't have enough evidence imo. I think now, at almost 12 years, it's going to be difficult to get anymore evidence. Someone needs to talk, that's the only way the truth will come out imo. People know, half a dozen or so close knit people know.
I feel quite despondent about the case at the moment, probably due to the passing of PL.
If it hadn't been for covid there may have been some tell tale behaviour, in relation to the funeral of PL, from suspects. NYP have been unfortunate there. Though a certain someone who loves the limelight looked like she couldn't wait to get off camera in a recent C5 news interview about PL passing.
IMOO

I thought I had read previously that it looked like Claudia had no plans to leave and she even had a clothes delivery arriving Friday from next. Is this correct?

Please, please please can the opening foreword to this thread be updated,,,,it STILL says it's been six years since Claudia went missing.....we know that sadly it's been almost 12

Members can see from looking at the thread title when the person disappeared. Opening Posts (as evidenced by the date of the post) just bring forward the original post that started the Thread #1 discussion. It gives new members and others the basics of what happened at the very beginning of the case.

I had an interesting conversation with a taxi driver friend last night. He said he took CL to more than one house in Acomb, not just to the pub. He had to give a statement to police at the time, so this wouldn't be news to them, but it possibly shows that there was more than one friend or secret boyfriend in Acomb.

I had an interesting conversation with a taxi driver friend last night. He said he took CL to more than one house in Acomb, not just to the pub. He had to give a statement to police at the time, so this wouldn't be news to them, but it possibly shows that there was more than one friend or secret boyfriend in Acomb.
Yes and not just the pub!

I thought I had read previously that it looked like Claudia had no plans to leave and she even had a clothes delivery arriving Friday from next. Is this correct?

@Vixey.....yes this definitely does ring a bell....someone said she had a Next order due for imminent delivery.

I don’t think people should be concerned that CL has gone somewhere on her own accord .If only !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419