FL FL - Noemi Bolivar, 21, went for a walk, Hollywood, 11 Feb 2021

Being aware that the park closes at, say, 7:30 doesn't help much when you are hyperfocused on something and totally unaware of the time flow.
The park closed at 6 in Feb.
I think if that park is a normal place she goes I can’t imagine her not heading to the gates way before 6pm. The parks big. She would have known from experience her timing before closing.

Attachments

• 82BD247C-3020-41FE-BBC3-B9B3C344535B.jpeg
    82BD247C-3020-41FE-BBC3-B9B3C344535B.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 62
So as long as there’s not a sign posted saying restricted/protected area or it’s not roped off, then visitors can venture out into the trees, along the shoreline, etc?
Just making sure I understand correctly since I’m not familiar with the area. I will say if it’s true then that’s a whole lot of area to search!
The signs probably say for your protection stay on the nature walking trail. It’s easy to go anywhere off trail like you can see on the video that was posted but a girl by herself with her knowledge of the area would stay on trail.

Is anyone searching the water at all? I get that there is vast amount of water but better to start sooner rather than later. I thought dive teams would be out there searching the shores surrounding the park
Is anyone searching the water at all?
I would hope that the park would send workers in kayaks along the shoreline.
Shoreline cleanup is probably something they do on a schedule. Would be a good ideal to do that now.
There’s a kayaker rental close. Maybe her Dad could go there and ask for volunteer searchers with kayaks.

Sorry, cannot recall if public washrooms have been mentioned here or not.
Are there many of them at the park and are they operational during the pandemic?

Oh hadn't thought of that! Public restrooms. Usually you go before leaving.

Through search using center name and washroom or restroom the site mentions it, but I couldn't find it. However that trip rating site. TA. Not sure I can mention. It pops up with search. One person took a pic of them. So sorry can't link.

Clean, spacious. I could only find one pic, and it had two toilets and urinal. Family bathroom? Either way public bathrooms scare me. Have they interviewed all employees? Maintainable?

I hear your frustration with the safety issues. I’ve worked in public places that deliberately installed non working cameras. They certainly looked real, and nobody in the public knew they weren’t, as you couldn’t physically access them. They were definitely a deterrent.

The real functional cameras looked identical and had silent alerts. If one stopped working, it was on a computerized report in the safety office, and the maintenance crew was notified.

If there are real cameras in this park, that’s probably how they’re set up. Nobody is actually watching them in real time but activity is being recorded. Hopefully, if it exists it’s saved and helpful.

So an employee of the park would likely know if the cameras were functional or not.

Wonder if Larry is an employee? Or a visitor?

So an employee of the park would likely know if the cameras were functional or not.

Wonder if Larry is an employee? Or a visitor?
Only the higher up staff and those with a need to know, have that knowledge, in my opinion. The staff checking restrooms, locking them, clearing the parking lot and locking the gate, would not likely know. Their boss, the person writing the work order, the electrician, etc. would know.

If Larry is a county employee, he is likely in trouble for running his mouth as an unofficial spokesperson.

I would hope that the park would send workers in kayaks along the shoreline.
Shoreline cleanup is probably something they do on a schedule. Would be a good ideal to do that now.
There’s a kayaker rental close. Maybe her Dad could go there and ask for volunteer searchers with kayaks.
Wonder If she rented a kayak

Probably not.
I agree the probability is low but you never know. I’m assuming the cops or search teams spoke to the rental guy.

the other thing is maybe she smuggled out or found a deserted kayak and took it for a spin.

I also threw around the thought that maybe she went for a swim.

There is such a lack of clues in this search. There are no leads to go off of so I’m thinking of every possible route imaginable.

Last edited:
My top two theories after reading this thread are

1. She got taken by nature. Either she fell or got attacked by an animal.
2. She made it out of the park but got kidnapped or lost. Someone mentioned earlier that her phone could have been with someone who robbed her or worse.

I personally feel strongly that she's not at the park anymore.

The signs probably say for your protection stay on the nature walking trail. It’s easy to go anywhere off trail like you can see on the video that was posted but a girl by herself with her knowledge of the area would stay on trail.
I completely agree with you about her staying on the trail.
Most people on the autism spectrum have pretty exceptional memories, some even have a photographic and/or an eidetic memory. IMHAspieO, I believe Noemi also has an exceptional/photographic memory. MOO. If this park is her happy place, then I 100% believe that she has all of the trails, every detail, and EVERYTHING else in the park memorized. MOO.
—Autistics like going to places of familiarity because they feel safe with familiar people, places and things.
Change on the other hand can cause a meltdown real quick. And an abrupt change, could not only cause a meltdown but also a catastrophic shutdown. And if she’s in shutdown mode, well let’s all just pray, send good vibes, hope, etc...that this has not happened to her. Again, IMHAspieO.

I think back to when I was around her age, not knowing then that I was autistic, got very upset with my dad, ended up having a meltdown and jumped out of the car I was in (passenger) at a very busy intersection. The next thing I knew I was hiding at a gas station, and then went into the woods, for several hours, until almost dark, then walked home (which was a few miles away). When I returned home, I found out that my family had been looking for me for hours, and had the police out looking for me too.
Now that I’m an adult, and a mum of a 20-something y/o, I totally understand why my family was angry, upset and scared.
I say all of this to say that Noemi may still be out there alive. She’s extremely smart, and thinks outside the box. I still have hope that she is alive.

Last edited:
Autism & Wandering
''According to survey data published in the journal Pediatrics, nearly half of families reported their children with Autism wandered or eloped from safe environments. Finding and safely recovering a missing child with Autism presents unique and difficult challenges for families, law enforcement, first responders and search teams. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has special search protocols and checklists to help first responders.

Children with Autism go missing under a variety of circumstances. They may seek out small or enclosed spaces. They may wander toward places of special interest to them. Or they may try to escape overwhelming stimuli such as sights, sounds, surroundings or activities of others.''

Children with Autism may exhibit interests that pose dangers such as:
  • Bodies of water
  • Roadways/highways
  • Trains
  • Heavy equipment
  • Fire trucks
  • Roadway signs
  • Bright lights
  • Traffic signals''
''In a 10-year analysis (2007-2016), NCMEC found that 43 missing children with Autism were recovered deceased (4% of the total). In 72% of the cases, the manner of death was classified as accidental; such as drowning.''

Autism Plus Wandering
''An attraction to water
Given the high number of wandering-related drownings, some in the community have come to speculate as to why those on the spectrum are drawn to water; one theory is that it has an alluring, calming effect due to the repetitive pattern of reflections, or the way it puts even pressure on the body, which sensory-seeking children may enjoy. However, Singer says there’s no data from the wandering survey to support those theories: “We just don’t know why.”

Autism & Wandering
''According to survey data published in the journal Pediatrics, nearly half of families reported their children with Autism wandered or eloped from safe environments. Finding and safely recovering a missing child with Autism presents unique and difficult challenges for families, law enforcement, first responders and search teams. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has special search protocols and checklists to help first responders.

Children with Autism go missing under a variety of circumstances. They may seek out small or enclosed spaces. They may wander toward places of special interest to them. Or they may try to escape overwhelming stimuli such as sights, sounds, surroundings or activities of others.''

Children with Autism may exhibit interests that pose dangers such as:
  • Bodies of water
  • Roadways/highways
  • Trains
  • Heavy equipment
  • Fire trucks
  • Roadway signs
  • Bright lights
  • Traffic signals''
''In a 10-year analysis (2007-2016), NCMEC found that 43 missing children with Autism were recovered deceased (4% of the total). In 72% of the cases, the manner of death was classified as accidental; such as drowning.''

Autism Plus Wandering
''An attraction to water
Given the high number of wandering-related drownings, some in the community have come to speculate as to why those on the spectrum are drawn to water; one theory is that it has an alluring, calming effect due to the repetitive pattern of reflections, or the way it puts even pressure on the body, which sensory-seeking children may enjoy. However, Singer says there’s no data from the wandering survey to support those theories: “We just don’t know why.”
true and very good information you posted here, but she studied nature and is very knowledgable about this park. She was described as “high functioning.” This wasn’t a runaway, she was going to her favorite park that she knows very well around.

I think the bigger issue is just an accident that could happened to anyone: going to the park near closing time it’s getting dark , one wrong step and you lose your footing and could easily slip in to the water. That’s if you’re near the shore. most of the entire park is surrounded by water. And there’s a few “pier” like bridges around the park.

The way the parking lot is in the back of the park someone walking from the bus stop through the main entrance would be in full view of the people in cars entering the park. It would be easy for someone coming into the park in a car to notice a small female entering the park alone. The same at the end of the day before closing but she would be leaving the park alone.

Larry, who did not disclose his last name, said he believes he saw the 21-year-old at the nature center.

“I was here about 4:15, 4:30,” he said. “I don’t think she was crying or nothing.

Authorities search Anne Kolb Nature Center for evidence missing 21-year-old was in the area

I'd like to give a pass to this Larry, some men...okay, a lot of men, aren't that detail oriented or notice things readily.

However, for him to give a time that was way off and say outright that she wasn't crying is weird. Also, he'd had to return to the scene in the following days to talk to a reporter. ⁉️

Mods - not suspecting him, just wondering if there was more to the convo/interview that we didn't see

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back