TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link w Source of Statement?
The linked news report said that he passed a polygraph, his alibi checked out and police cleared him....
snipped for focus. Sorry, so much I've forgotten about this case.

In link* ~1:30 timestamp, reporter says,
"he passed a polygraph, alibi checked out, and ... police cleared H____'s name. and released him from jail..."
Re the bbm, where did those 3 bits of info come from?

Reporter in this vid clip does not say LE was source of info.
Does anyone have link, w identifying LE or someone else as source? TiA.

"he passed a polygraph, alibi checked out, and ... police cleared H____'s name. and released him from jail..."

I guess the reporter could have made up the whole thing.

But why would they do that?

Earlier @LadyL and I hit on the topic of the car that was seen on tape in the gun sho0 lot nearby. Isn’t that just too close to this murder? Foolish to drive around any closed business late at night if one is hoping to avoid cops but still. I think they were checking out the church and/or involved somehow. And if this was an innocent passerby it would seem they would have came forward.

Earlier @LadyL and I hit on the topic of the car that was seen on tape in the gun sho0 lot nearby. Isn’t that just too close to this murder? Foolish to drive around any closed business late at night if one is hoping to avoid cops but still. I think they were checking out the church and/or involved somehow. And if this was an innocent passerby it would seem they would have came forward.
Perhaps the person in the car was uninvolved in Missy's murder but involved in other criminal activities.

Probably not too inclined to help the police. JMO

The search warrant stating she suffered multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest consistent with tools the suspect was carrying thought the building was issued the day after MB was killed. They didn't know a gun was involved until the autopsy was performed.

I haven’t followed for awhile but how do we know it was a gun?

Perhaps the person in the car was uninvolved in Missy's murder but involved in other criminal activities.

Probably not too inclined to help the police. JMO

I wondered about maybe someone using drugs or something but gun stores, as we have seen here, are usually wrapped in security. I know the owners of one locally and their place is monitored offsite. And the way the driver acted with traffic going by at that time was just all too odd.

I wondered about maybe someone using drugs or something but gun stores, as we have seen here, are usually wrapped in security. I know the owners of one locally and their place is monitored offsite. And the way the driver acted with traffic going by at that time was just all too odd.
Criminals are not known for their intelligence. They do stupid stuff all of the time on camera. I enjoy watching YouTube videos of stupid criminals. JMO

There's quite a lot more on BWH on the older threads including SWs, etc. Besides the alibi, he was said to be 6', too tall to be SWAT person. I've got to wonder if he had crossed someone in the past and, knowing his history, they dressed up in SWAT gear to try to frame him, even mimicking his walk. There is an odd news video where they film him and his gait outside MB's service, at quite a distance.

That’s the height her husband stated police told him, early on.

I guess the reporter could have made up the whole thing.
But why would they do that?
@RANCH Thx for your response.

I'm not suggesting that reporter made it all up. But it's possible someone else did, told her.
Maybe the subject of her interview, Mr. H___? IDK. That's why I asked for link -- to identify source.
Re bbm, where did those 3 bits of info about Mr. H____ come from?

Does anyone have link identifying source for above info? TiA.

@RANCH Thx for your response.

I'm not suggesting that reporter made it all up. But it's possible someone else did, told her.
Maybe the subject of her interview, Mr. H___? IDK. That's why I asked for link -- to identify source.
Re bbm, where did those 3 bits of info about Mr. H____ come from?

Does anyone have link identifying source for above info? TiA.
I guess I'll have to alert this and ask a Mod if another link is required.

The gun shop was not near enough to the church to provide any observation about the church itself. Gun shop was half a mile away, on the other side of the highway, at night, during a solid rainstorm.

Whether the "mystery car" (several hours prior to the murder) had anything to do with the murder is very iffy connection. Actions related to the car were puzzling (lights going on and off, perhaps a signal, or perhaps an electrical short caused by the rain, or perhaps something else) but what we have is a puzzle.

same night .....but not the same time frame for the break-in
same highway .... but not the same location or even the same side of divided highway with median
one slow lap around the gun shop then gone ...but not seen driving to, or into, church
unexplained situation at gun shop .... but at diff location and at a diff hour .... is that meaningful?

No matter what you guess, your guess could be right or wrong, and nothing to indicate one way or the other.

In this article from 2019, MPD confirms that the man is cleared.
3 years after Missy Bevers’ slaying, police are still searching for the ‘one piece that we’re missing’
“he was ruled out from the homicide investigation after police confirmed “he was where he said he was that morning,” Spann said.”

So that is later confirmation that BWH was cleared by police. As for the polygraph, I’d guess that BWH gave thst info to the reporter himself. And who knows if it’s actually true or not.

Watched the video again. In addition to thinking it's a woman, I don't believe they are really going door to door checking if they are locked. I think this is a performance for the surveillance cameras. Perhaps to make it look like a burglary gone bad or they are just killing time (no pun intended). I think this suspect is looking forward to what they are about to do to the victim. Someone mentioned upthread they look calm. I agree. This is not someone doing a grab and run, this looks like someone waiting for their victim to arrive. The gear is an interesting choice, but it's bulky and does conceal their actual appearance.

I do think the victim was the intended target. Did this person dress like that because they thought justice was being served upon the victim? IMO

texas-woman-murdered_1461099147926_1197811_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

is this a stocky male or a female hiding her chest

More on the killer height. The attached photo is from the awning entrance. Notice the two cameras. The one above the Exit sign is the one that captured the killer trying to pry into the door before giving up. That’s probably shooting down from 10 feet. The other camera is the one that points down to the Dutch door room. I would guess it’s probably around 9 ft high. Measuring true height of the suspect is difficult even for an expert, because you have to account for not only distance from the camera but also the camera angle. In older threads, BatBrat did a lot of work on this over many hours to arrive at a barefoot height of 5’10” which is several inches taller than MPD came up with. Then again, she didn’t go to the church and physically take measurements in the way that MPD and Tarrant County were able to do on 5/12/16.

I was just about to post about Batbrat. Some of the posts that were made are on thread 34 and show the “green man” depiction that they made.
I’m still digging to find the members who DID infact do door measurements and the graphics that were used to show all of us the height that was determined. It was very precise (IMO) and I to this stand stand by the measurements Batbrat and others arrived at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dressie