TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
The linked news report said that he passed a polygraph, his alibi checked out and police cleared him.

I don't trust polygraphs but why would LE say his alibi checked out if it didn't? They said he was cleared. Is that another lie meant for public consumption?

I sure hope not because that means we can't trust anything from LE in this case. JMO

It gives the impression that a sloppy investigation is acceptable to LE. o_O

I’m late to this discussion but recall a news story on it. Just my initial thoughts but this person walks like they are somewhat overweight. They have no reservations about being seen since they had to know how common cameras were and they seem to have little regard for the other traffic around. The way they parade around in the middle of the night/very early am with possession of SWAT gear says they are brave but the proper use of traffic signals seems like they are cautious. Why open those doors? I’m in the group that thinks the victim was intended and/or stalked. I wonder how public she let it be known that she got there early at 4? Anyway, enough of my babble.

proper use of traffic signals??

proper use of traffic signals??

Good catch, I was just learning the case and was referring to the car in the lot across the street, which I think may have been involved anyway, using signals while leaving the lot. The hippie music forum I’m on folks would refer to this as “newbie error”.

Good catch, I was just learning the case and was referring to the car in the lot across the street, which I think may have been involved anyway, using signals while leaving the lot. The hippie music forum I’m on folks would refer to this as “newbie error”.

yes I agree that car was definitely involved IMO

There's quite a lot more on BWH on the older threads including SWs, etc. Besides the alibi, he was said to be 6', too tall to be SWAT person. I've got to wonder if he had crossed someone in the past and, knowing his history, they dressed up in SWAT gear to try to frame him, even mimicking his walk. There is an odd news video where they film him and his gait outside MB's service, at quite a distance.

https://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20180126/new-lead-investigator-in-murder-of-missy-bevers-putting-together-team-of-fresh-eyes%3ftemplate=ampart

The department also looked at using DNA to help create a composite of the suspect.

According to a Brownwood Bulletin article published Nov. 9, 2017, DNA analysis was used to create a profile of a suspect's facial skin tone characteristics in the Chantay Blankinship murder investigation. That visual profile very closely matched the murderer and led to his arrest shortly after it was returned to Brownwood Police.

"The little bit of physical evidence that we had we actually sent to a private lab. We sent it to them specifically because they were involved in that technology and the ability to do that," Johnson said. "The problem was the quality of the sample we sent was not sufficient. They needed more of a complete profile and what we had was a partial and mixed profile."

It's a little bit fresh I woulda thought to be telling the killer you will be able to forgive them.....
and telling the media the girls are coping better than expected.
I guess stress makes one say things that with a bit of hindsight probably shouldn't have.o_O

This is going to be hard to bite ones tongue .....but .....we shall :cool:

moo

I think they’re super religious and it’s part of their faith to forgive. They are also likely appealing to the miller’s conscience?

I had never seen that before today.

We know from this that the killer was about six feet tall.
No, the killer isn’t nearly that tall. Police said at the three-year anniversary that the killer is 5’8”, plus or minus 1.53 inches, from the floor to the top of the helmet.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/04/19/3-years-after-missy-bevers-slaying-police-are-still-searching-for-the-one-piece-that-were-missing

“Police estimate that the distance from the floor to the top of the person's headgear is approximately 5 feet 8 inches, plus or minus about an inch and a half.”

I had never seen that before today.

We know from this that the killer was about six feet tall.
At the 10:36 mark of this video Brandon does say that police gave a height of six feet for the killer.

Did he get that directly from the police? If so it's another discrepancy from LE in this case.

At the 10:36 mark of this video Brandon does say that police gave a height of six feet for the killer.

Did he get that directly from the police? If so it's another discrepancy from LE in this case.

Note that police never said six feet publicly. We only have word from BB that they said it privately.

I believe these are the possibilities:
1. Police really thought the killer was around 6 feet at that time.
2. They purposely said a height that was way taller than the killer, so they could check for a puzzled look on BB’s face. If he had hired someone to kill Missy, he would know it was a shorter person and his face would give it away when they said six feet.

I really don’t think that walk the perp had was due to the outfit but rather looked like somebody who always carries some extra weight. I don’t know if they gave a weight estimate but I think they are slightly overweight.

It might have been an estimate at the time. But he did mention that they measured based on door posts and stuff.

Note that police never said six feet publicly. We only have word from BB that they said it privately.

I believe these are the possibilities:
1. Police really thought the killer was around 6 feet at that time.
2. They purposely said a height that was way taller than the killer, so they could check for a puzzled look on BB’s face. If he had hired someone to kill Missy, he would know it was a shorter person and his face would give it away when they said six feet.
If Brandon's facial expression was something that LE deemed to be improper then what? Take it to the grand jury as evidence. Not going to happen.

Brandon was automatically a suspect in this case and he even stated that fact publicly. LE didn't need to lie to him about the killers height to get a "guilty" reaction from him in order to investigate him as a suspect. JMO

No, the killer isn’t nearly that tall. Police said at the three-year anniversary that the killer is 5’8”, plus or minus 1.53 inches, from the floor to the top of the helmet.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/04/19/3-years-after-missy-bevers-slaying-police-are-still-searching-for-the-one-piece-that-were-missing

“Police estimate that the distance from the floor to the top of the person's headgear is approximately 5 feet 8 inches, plus or minus about an inch and a half.”

But plus or minus 1.53 inches if we go to the plus side is 5.9 1/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon