UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun updated - with a map and home pinpointed but probably too small to decipher exact road? But looks like just before reaching Brixton Rail.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/TM-map-Sarah.jpg

Cops scour ponds in 3-day hunt for missing woman, 33, as family 'worried'
I think The Sun are straight in this, because every piece of evidence suggests she lives in the Tulse Hill/Brixton Hill area rather than central Brixton (see: the map her friend made of the route, Strava data, police search areas including Brockwell & Rush Common). I think they didn't bother researching enough to find her actual address or street and just went with the basic initial reports of 'Brixton' and dropped a pin bang in the centre. Classic Sun.

I doubt she lives above Brixton McDonalds, I'm guessing they don't know the exact address and they've just pegged the centre of Brixton as the location

I would say somewhere top of Brixton Road, one of the turnings off of it before reaching the station.

I don’t think it’s been reported exactly which one, but there’s CCTV stills and accompanying reports that SE bought wine on her way TO her friend’s house that evening. I’ve checked Google Street views of a number of Sainsbury’s stores in the area (Brixton, Tulse Hill and Clapham) and the one that I personally think looks closest (it’s the narrow-ish door and layout of tiles and slabs near the door/street) is the Local on Brixton Hill (A23).

That the Brixton Water Lane one? So she walks down Brixton Road to there and then cuts across to Clapham?

That the Brixton Water Lane one? So she walks down Brixton Road to there and then cuts across to Clapham?
Knowing the area the way I would walk (in either direction) would be basically as the police have suggested with their appeals for any cam footage - A205->New Pk Rd->Brixton Hill. The Sainsbury's is pretty much opposite the junction of Brixton Hill and Brixton Water Lane. I would imagine she probably lives somewhere down Brixton Water Lane towards Tulse Hill.
Edit: Parmalade highlighted another Sainsbury's I forgot in the next post!

With the caveat that it’s some years since I was in Brixton/Clapham area, so relying on Google, I think there are three Sainsbury’s within a relative close proximity to one another:

There’s one on the corner of Brixton Water Lane and the A204 (address 2 Tulse Hill, Brixton, London SW2 2TP) but it looks like it has rails shortly outside its (fairly wide) door which can’t be seen in the CCTV still.

Then there’s one (a Local) at the other end of BWL, but on the other side of the road (so nearer to Trent Road and/or Lambert Road) (address 76 Brixton Hill, Brixton, London SW2 1QW) but again there looks to be rails outside its door.

Ignoring the Clapham High St one (if we assume she didn’t go ‘north’ of Clapham Common), as it looks to have a recessed door anyway, through a walkway type set up, the third one I’ve found is a Local further down the A23/Brixton Hill - address 266-270 Brixton Hill, Brixton, London SW2 1HP - that I personally think looks like the tile/slab layout that SE is stepping on as she enters in the CCTV still.

the third one I’ve found is a Local further down the A23/Brixton Hill - address 266-270 Brixton Hill, Brixton, London SW2 1HP - that I personally think looks like the tile/slab layout that SE is stepping on as she enters in the CCTV still.
Ah I forgot about that Sainsbos! Doesn't massively change the route I mentioned above though but would be a slight detour.

Ah I forgot about that Sainsbos! Doesn't massively change the route I mentioned above though but would be a slight detour.

Agreed, I think she took that route there, and likely back, as it places her phone near Agnes Riley Gardens/Clarence Ave roughly 30 mins after leaving Leathwaite Rd at 9pm. I therefore think she can’t be on the Common at the time she’s ending the call with her partner and has already gone past it. Being on the phone, being 9pm, being cold, and listening to music on it (presumably), it’s plausible that it could point to the phone dying at that location though, rather than SE herself disappearing there.

I might have missed this, but is there a map that she would have theoretically walked, from whatever Sainos to her place? (i.e plotted on Google maps?)

Not that I’ve seen, but I listed out a few posts back a route I think is plausible given the police appeals and rough 30 min time stamp of Clarence Ave ping at 9:28pm - can’t work out how to upload a pic!

Edit to add I’m also not sure where “her place” is! I think it could be Brixton Water Lane (based on final police appeal) or slightly south towards Tulse Hill (based on friend’s screen grab of possible route), but media reports place it vaguely in Brixton.

Last edited:
It was very cold during the day on Wednesday so I definitely agree that Sarah was not warmly dressed for the weather - it will really have chilled down by that time of night. Being in London myself and a very regular walker I am slightly surprised by the distance she was planning to walk at that time of the evening. It is quite an empty part of London skirting the Common and with lockdown there are far fewer people around. I regularly walk alone after dark but I wouldn't have done that walk. I guess she knew the area well and was confident - we all have been walking a lot trying to get nearer to our 10,000 steps a day. But it just doesn't look like a really safe journey.
A few thoughts:
1) I also don't think 24 hours is a long time to be reported missing. I live alone and I think it would take longer for my absence to be noticed. I just don't respond all day every day to text messages. And even if she lived with housemates I think its possible for them not to notice straight away if she regularly went and stayed with her partner. I have lived in house shares and no one would immediately notice (though in lockdown life is a bit different). We just didn't monitor each other all the time.
2) I think it very unlikely she will have 'bumped into' a friend. Living in London with so such a large population if I was doing a walk of that distance I'd say it would be pretty unlikely I'd cross paths with anyone I knew. Particularly during lockdown at that time of the evening. Before you have kids you really might not have many friends or acquaintances in your neighbourhood.
3) She was obviously an independent person with a career. I think its perfectly possible that her partner wouldn't think it amiss that she hadn't texted when she got home or in the morning. I'd say quite a few English boyfriends don't check in on their independent girlfriends in that way. Some do but certainly not all. I don't think my ex would have done. I wouldn't have expected him to.
4) Although generally strangers are the least likely cause of crime rather than those that are closest to you, in this case I think its the most likely scenario. I think the most likely option is that she was attacked, assaulted and potentially disposed of in undergrowth or a pond. Less likely, but still and option is abduction. She is petite and would be easy to overpowered and put in a vehicle (with or without her earbuds in). Less likely I think taken into a disused building. Though of course she could have been taken into someone's home. A risky scenario but not impossible.

I'm sorry to say this all so dispassionately. It's very sad and extremely worrying. Just a very ordinary evening for her doing her best to stay connected and see friends after a day working from home during some very tough times in London after extended lockdown. I have no way of knowing about her mindset but I do quite doubt her doing herself harm. I think she would have been having a nice friendly chat with her friend and then chatting with her partner she was likely in reasonable spirits.

Most likely I think she was totally unlucky to have randomly crossed the path of someone who meant her harm. JMHO. So very sad for her.

very good insight and possible theories I can not help feel that when you are on the phone you can get distracted from your surroundings maybe it slowed down her walk and could be a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time

I might have missed this, but is there a map that she would have theoretically walked, from whatever Sainos to her place? (i.e plotted on Google maps?)
This is what I would do: Add a Route Map to your website using Google maps, embed a Route Map iframe in Google maps and calculate the distance of a route on a map

Note that the Brixton end is just corner of Brixton Hill & Water Lane, would expect she probably would live further on the Water Lane side but pointless to speculate too much on that.

Edit: changed map due to weird routing at one corner

Last edited:
Based on the start/end point of a lot of her runs it’s interesting that the police are requesting doorbell cam checks as far up as Brixton Water Lane.
I see what you mean by that having done a bit of research. This makes me think unfortunately that someone may have snatched her into a vehicle at lights on the A205 and driven down that way. It would also truncate the walking route I posted a bit, and makes me think the police also know more than they are letting on.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I’m intrigued where this phone “ping” has been mentioned? I just assumed this was the last time and location as see on her “findmyfriends” and then her phone died as end of the night.

Also I’m questioning my friend etiquette I never ask my friends if they get home ok, and never respond to them either. Like others said, I wouldn’t notice if one of my friends was missing for days. Londoners are quite independent and whilst group chats are common, it wouldn’t really be noticed if someone went off grid for a few days, depending on the type of communicator they are.

I wouldn’t like to be in some back roads near Brixton in the dark, but she seemed to mainly be on the south circular than walking through parks and residential roads. Lots of gang activity, but they don’t tend to be that interested in single white female types walking. I don’t feel this will have a happy ending however.. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Many posts have been removed.

We do not know whether or not SE broke lockdown rules. To speculate or assume that she did is to somehow apportion blame toward a victim and is not victim friendly.

From The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

There's a Sainsburys local close to where I used to live on Kings Avenue, not too far from where you turn down to Clapham Park Road. The address is 2 Mullins Place which is a kind of lay by on Kings Avenue.
Google Maps
Could it be this one, though I think not, as the CCTV image shows a yellow line, but there is none here.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210307-023437_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210307-023437_Samsung Internet.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Family appeal for help in finding woman who disappeared on way home from Clapham to Brixton on Wednesday evening
''Detective Chief Inspector Ian Kenward, from the Central South Public Protection Team, said: “Sarah’s disappearance is completely out of character and understandably her family and friends are incredibly worried.

“We are also growing increasingly concerned for her welfare and have officers working round the clock to try and find her.

“I would ask anybody who was in the Clapham Common area on Wednesday night to think about whether you saw Sarah or any suspicious activity around the time of her disappearance.”

Sarah-Everard-001-225x300.png
Officers are also asking people in the following areas to check doorbell or dashcam footage for any sightings of Sarah:

• The A205 South Circular around Clapham Common
  • Cavendish Road
  • New Park Road
  • Brixton Hill
  • Brixton Water Lane
Sarah was last seen wearing a green rain jacket, navy blue trousers with a white diamond pattern and turquoise and orange trainers. She was also thought to have been wearing green earphones and a white beanie hat.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne