Found Deceased PA - Nicole Ebaugh, 29, missing from park, Springfield Twp, 6 Mar 2021

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
York County and Surrounding Counties!!!! PSP along with several other agencies are actively searching for a missing person. Please see the attached press release and photographs! If you have seen her, please contact PSP-York immediately, 717-428-1011.

Ev56yiXXAAAbiWs

https://twitter.com/PSPTroopJPIO/status/1368667031676026880/photo/1

YORK, Pa. (WHTM) — Pennsylvania State Police are searching for Nicole Elizabeth Ebaugh, 29, who was last seen in the area of the Heritage Rail Trail County Park at the Glatfelters Station Road Parking Area on March 6 between 10:45 AM and 12:45 PM.

Nicole-Elizabeth-Ebaugh.png

Pennsylvania State Police searching for missing woman in York | ABC27

Following -- Hoping for a short thread with good news at the end! Attractive woman -- looks energetic and happy. Reminds me of a ballerina.

Disappeared in daylight. Maybe just a fall or lost; hoping she'll be found soon.

Last edited:
This is so scary.

I walk (alone) near the river in my city almost daily but the number of WS threads of women disappearing from trails/parks on their walks lately has been really unsettling.

I am curious about the phone trace referenced above. Did they find her phone in the VW? Is it now turned off?

This is so scary.

I walk (alone) near the river in my city almost daily but the number of WS threads of women disappearing from trails/parks on their walks lately has been really unsettling.

I am curious about the phone trace referenced above. Did they find her phone in the VW? Is it now turned off?
I wonder what could have happened to Nicole? Lost? Injured? I doubt that someone would attack her in broad daylight, but you never know... It's been well over 24 hours since she went missing.

The Heritage Rail Trail is a lovely trail. It starts a few miles north of York City and connects to another trail at the Maryland border. With the exception of the part that runs through York, the rest of it seems to be very safe. I have cycled it many times on both the Pennsylvania and Maryland trails by myself. The area where her car was parked is nowhere close to York, but is in a more isolated section. It would be almost impossible to get lost on it, as it is a straight trail with no side trails. This is very concerning.
Hope she is found soon.

Google Maps

It looks to possibly be a bit remote and even with other cars in the lot, it could be deserted. If she was tracked back to this parking lot, where her car was located, it's difficult to imagine her getting lost or injured. I worry about someone confronting her before she could get into her vehicle. JMO

State Police search for missing woman in York County | fox43.com

Pennsylvania State Police says Ebaugh's disappearance does not appear to be criminal and there is no danger to the public.

Anyone who might have information on Ebaugh's whereabout or surveillance video of the trail is asked to call State Police York at 717-428-1011.

Google Maps

It looks to possibly be a bit remote and even with other cars in the lot, it could be deserted. If she was tracked back to this parking lot, where her car was located, it's difficult to imagine her getting lost or injured. I worry about someone confronting her before she could get into her vehicle. JMO
My thoughts exactly, @zecats.

I live fairly close by. Yesterday was around 40 degrees F, and sunny (although the wind was pretty bad). I imagine that trail on a Saturday, on one of the first nice days we’ve had this year was probably pretty crowded. It may have been deserted, but I doubt it. Very concerning that only her car was found in the parking lot. Hope she is found soon, and safe and sound.

Last edited:
I agree. I’m hoping she just decided to escape for a bit and go off the grid.
I hope so too, but that seems to be an odd place to go off the grid from without transport out of the area.
This would be the best case scenario, but why would she leave her car in the parking lot? I'd assume that she would drive it if she wanted to get away for a few days.
Maybe LE has got wind of a meetup there.
Some comments I'm reading under the media FB pages make me wonder how this could be the case. Her friends and the locals seem worried that something could have happened to her. JMO
It does seem out of character for her.
I wonder what it is...
I don’t know, but it would be quite an egregious mistake to say that there is no danger to the public if they really have no idea what happened to her.
They might say that they believe her disappearance does not appear to be criminal in nature because they have not (yet) found any evidence of a crime such as blood, signs of a struggle, tampering with her vehicle, etc. But, at least to me, for them to say there is no danger to the public means they either know who she’s with or they know she took off on her own. MOO

This is concerning. We have similar rail trails here and they are straight with no off-shoots and basically impossible to get lost. On a nice weekend day, they can be pretty busy with runners, walkers, and bikers, depending what stretch you are on- some trailheads are busier than others. From the Google Earth image above, it does look like it could be a bit isolated if not many people were there at that time.

I have a hard time imagining her getting lost. Injured? Well, wouldn't she be right on the trail if injured, and therefore, found pretty quickly? The other options would be left on her own accord. If that happened, I would guess she met up with someone there to run away with them. She wouldn't get far without her car. I would think they could use cell records to see if she had recently communicated with anyone.

That to me leaves foul play. I know they haven't found evidence of a crime yet, but let's say she was just arriving or getting ready to leave. A car is parked next to hers, she may be distracted shutting off a run tracking app on her phone, etc., and it only takes a second for someone to lunge out of a car, grab her, pull her in and they are out of there. Just MOO

Police: Woman missing, was last seen near Heritage Rail Trail

"Last seen near the rail trail parking area between 1045 and 1245..." Who saw her there I wonder? That is also a really big window. If there was a witness who was coming or going and saw her by her car, you'd think they could narrow down the time they were leaving/arriving a bit better than two hours, but maybe not.

Also in the photo of her in that article where it looks like she is in a store and wearing a mask - was that taken that morning? The clothing they describe her to be wearing when last seen is what she was wearing in that photo. So I wonder where that image is from?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back