UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to know how Sarah could have gotten into this car, when the family have said (and any reasonably intelligent person would guess) that she would NEVER get into a stranger's car without knowing them. I just don't buy the "i'm a cop get in or i'll arrest you" - perhaps it was a genuine offer of a lift, but even that sounds dodge. How did she interact with him? I guess we'll find out soon enough.
This is also what I’m keen to find out and I’m
Sure it will be revealed soon. Something still feels like she knew him but most of my fellow sleuths and on Twitter are not thinking on these lines so I’ve been a bit thrown off

The search for Sarah Everard: What we know about her last movements

I don’t remember reading anything about the recovery of these two number plates before?! Linked to the hire car theory maybe? But I would presume if he removed his number plates he wouldn’t leave them where she had last been seen. And also surely he wouldn’t risk being picked up for driving without number plates? So possibly not.

This is also new information to me. WC has a background in the car business and, as a serving police officer, is presumably clued up on ANPR systems and the like. Previously working with cars could have afforded him both i) access to number plates that would not necessarily be missed, ii) the ability to efficiently and inconspicuously change a set of number plates on a car. If he hires a car and then changes the number plates, he would have determined that there would not be a direct link back to him just from observation of said car, particularly if the car hired was a popular model. I have not seen much solid information on how he (his car) was ever identified as a POI (COI) - it's possible that it could have been via a human LE eye identifying a discrepancy between a plate picked up on ANPR and the model of car to which it was supposed to be associated.

To protect the family until the time was right for announcement. My thoughts also with the family tonight - devastating.

Going back a couple of pages. Is it likely that WC would drive a living kidnapped person all the way to Kent? Although possibly unconscious. On arrival home he would have a problem in that respect - if SE was not alive. And needed his wife to help - clean the car?

I can't see he would burn a hire care that had been hired out in his name and could be traced to him. But if there was a hire car, what happened to it? Yet to be found? Cleaned out to be returned?

I do believe it was possible but he probably would have would kept her another location like a garage rather then take her to his house

On the subject of the wife possibly being under some kind of coercive control - link above says an ambulance was outside the house a few nights before they were arrested.

How SE got into the car - would that be on the bus CCTV? And not being revealed yet. Or maybe it didn't show that much detail. Possibly coshed?

It will be interesting to see if this pans out like the Pawel Relowicz trials. He's the guy who murdered Libby Squire, but upon arresting him and running his DNA through the database it transpired he was responsible for many, many more crimes pre Libby. She was his first murder, but he got a kick out of perving and scaring local women for months in the run up to that fateful night.

I believe there will be much more to come out about Wayne Couzens - I really doubt this is his very first foray into crime.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if this pans out like the Pawel Relowicz trials. He's the guy who murdered Libby Squire, but upon arresting him and running his DNA through the database it transpired he was responsible for many, many more crimes pre Libby. She was his first murder, but he got a kick out of perving and scaring local women for months in the run up to that fateful night.

I believe there will be much more to come out about Wayne Couzens - I really doubt this is his very first foray into crime.

Absolutely agree. Couzens had to have used his badge before to lure women victims.

Just feel so sad for her family, her boyfriend and all of her loved ones. I hope they throw the book at him. And maybe, one can only hope, that he will be served some "jail justice".

Someone mentioned in a post earlier that when you join the police they take a DNA sample. Not sure if they run it through database though

I agree.

This is also new information to me. WC has a background in the car business and, as a serving police officer, is presumably clued up on ANPR systems and the like. Previously working with cars could have afforded him both i) access to number plates that would not necessarily be missed, ii) the ability to efficiently and inconspicuously change a set of number plates on a car. If he hires a car and then changes the number plates, he would have determined that there would not be a direct link back to him just from observation of said car, particularly if the car hired was a popular model. I have not seen much solid information on how he (his car) was ever identified as a POI (COI) - it's possible that it could have been via a human LE eye identifying a discrepancy between a plate picked up on ANPR and the model of car to which it was supposed to be associated.

Maybe he drove to the scene with extra plates taped over the ones already on the car. Pulled up, took the extra plates off and dumped them. Attacked SE somehow and drove off. Officers checking ANPR might have spotted a discrepancy in VRMs entering and exiting the area? That one set entered and never left, and another left but never entered maybe

Isn't it bizarre to think that this time last week nobody even knew Sarah was missing. It has to be the fastest and craziest case I've come across here, like a rollercoaster ride of information and emotion.

So many new members too, all here for Sarah, I hope many of you will stay for future cases :)

As officers painstakingly combed 500-acre Hoad's Wood, locals said it was often used as a dumping ground.

Two miles west of Ashford in Kent, the desolate spot is flanked by a railway line and an abandoned golf and paintballing centre.

Rob, a resident whose family owns part of the wood, said: 'My family used to bury sheep in there in the old days. No one ever goes through it because it's private.

'It's all bramble and trees.'

He said flytippers often dumped rubbish there, including old cars.

Serving officer, 48, arrested over Sarah Everard

It sickens me that he just dumped her there like she was trash or an old sofa. It makes me so angry.

"She also revealed that an ambulance had been spotted outside the home a few nights before the arrest took place."

More information on WC

How Wayne Couzens went from mechanic to Met cop to Sarah Everard suspect

I am not sure how to put my "quote" in a quote box - is it one of the symbols at the top of the message box?
The quote box is a bit misleading. You just have to 'post reply' and the post that you are replying to appears as if you had quoted it. Just make sure that you post your comment after the ending [/Quote] or it will break the quote up.

Last edited:

I think that it is possibly it was his own car but he leased it,which is a very common way to own a car rather than he went to a hire company for a short term use of a car. He was in work between 2pm to 8pm so would be returning from work on Wednesday night .

Sadly, I think it’s almost certainly her body, possible due to other knowledge they have, but I think her condition may make it hard for them to formally identify her and may have to use other methods before 100% confirming
Can't be that many bodies knocking about the area I wouldn't have thought, if they cannot identify her the mind boggles what he did to her

Actually, good point - he should have been charged on at least the kidnapping by now as 24 hours have passed since he was arrested for that and there's no news about an extension is there? Also, has Elena Couzens been released or charged yet?

Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt on Sky News this evening said the Police now have up to 4 days to continue questioning him then either charge him Or release him -
it was said about 8.10pm UK time so go back 5hr 50min from now to see the live

so we don't know yet if the body found is Sarah?

At the press conference tonight Cressida Dick strongly implied that the remains likely belong to Sarah. She started by saying her thoughts and prayers were with Sarah's family during this difficult time. Then she said a suspect was arrested on suspicion of murder. Then said during the course of the investigation of Sarah's murder, LE found human remains they believe to be Sarah's. She did note it may take a bit to formally identify them but I think there must be very strong evidence to suggest this is Sarah or the head of the Met would not make such a serious statement.

In the US they can do a "preliminary identification" based on the clothes found with a body or the circumstances and they follow up with comparing dental records. I am not sure the exact procedure in the UK but I would wager 99.9% chance this is Sarah sadly.

Everything Cressida Dick said on Sarah Everard investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member