GUILTY NY - Destini Smothers 26, found inside a car trunk, Queens, 3 Nov 2020 *Arrest*

More ... the car matches ... name released ... :(:(:(

Body Found in Trunk Thought to Be 26-Year-Old Mom Missing in NYC Since November – NBC New York
Authorities say they still have to confirm the identity of the woman found in the trunk on Lefferts Boulevard in South Ozone Park through forensic tests, but believe the body is Destini Smothers.

Woman's body found in trunk of car abandoned on street in Wakefield - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
Police are investigating after a woman's body was found in the trunk of a car in Queens Wednesday morning.

Authorities say the vehicle was parked on Lefferts Boulevard in the Wakefield neighborhood with no license plates and was being towed when the body was discovered.

Body Found in Trunk Thought to Be 26-Year-Old Mom Missing in NYC Since November - Washington News Post
It wasn’t clear if the Camry where the body was found Wednesday was the same one Smothers owned.

Woman's body found in trunk of car abandoned on street in Wakefield - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
Authorities say the vehicle was parked on Lefferts Boulevard in the Wakefield neighborhood with no license plates and was being towed when the body was discovered.

Last edited:
More ... the car matches ... name released ... :(:(:(

Body Found in Trunk Thought to Be 26-Year-Old Mom Missing in NYC Since November – NBC New York
Authorities say they still have to confirm the identity of the woman found in the trunk on Lefferts Boulevard in South Ozone Park through forensic tests, but believe the body is Destini Smothers.

Police are investigating after a woman's body was found in the trunk of a car in Queens Wednesday morning.

Body Found in Trunk Thought to Be 26-Year-Old Mom Missing in NYC Since November - Washington News Post
It wasn’t clear if the Camry where the body was found Wednesday was the same one Smothers owned.

WAS THE CAR PARKED THERE SINCE NOVEMBER?

I would hope not...a quick glance shows that it looks residential in nature and should have had street sweeping. If parked and left there it should have had a ticket, maybe several, someone would have noticed. JMO speculation
I agree. So it is so odd that it is just now being towed but has a body in the trunk, of someone who went missing in November. I don't understand.

Missing woman's body found in trunk of car as it's towed in Queens

As workers were getting ready to tow the black Toyota Camry with no plates near Lefferts Boulevard and 150th Avenue in South Ozone Park, the vehicle’s trunk popped open, and a body was found inside, according to police.

Police sources said the body is that of Destini Smothers, a Troy woman who went missing on Nov. 3.

It’s unclear why the Toyota was being towed, but police said it didn’t have any license plates.

No arrests have been reported. Police said an investigation is ongoing.

I live in Queens, NY, so I am somewhat familiar with this area. I believe where this car was found is just a block north of the Belt Parkway and the long term parking at JFK airport.

Since travelers who don’t want to pay for parking sometimes leave cars there for a while, perhaps this explains why no one called in an abandoned vehicle right away.

City services have been a little slower too, and sometimes street cleaners just go around parked vehicles.

I do think this points to the idea that whoever left the car there was familiar with the characteristics of this neighborhood, and correctly concluded that it was a location where an abandoned car would most likely not draw immediate attention, allowing time for a disappearance before the body was discovered.

MOO

Body found in car in Queens identified as missing Troy woman

A flatbed truck operator who was towing the car had to open the trunk to search for a spare tire and found the body, according to police.

Several New York City media sources said police identified the woman as Destini Smothers.

The cause of death is being investigated as is the ownership of the car, according to the NYPD.

I just came across this story while looking for something else. It’s heartbreaking that it seems like Destini was there all that time and LE weren’t even looking.

Body Found In Trunk Of Car Believed To Be Missing Upstate Mother Destini Smothers, NYPD Says
Investigators say the car was abandoned. A neighbor told CBS2’s Andrea Grymes off camera it was there for about two months before they started contacting 311 last week to have it towed.

“People are now leaving their cars and going to the airport and going on trips and vacations, and they come back months later,” one neighbor said.

WAS THE CAR PARKED THERE SINCE NOVEMBER?
That was one of my first thoughts too, Katy. The article below says "about two months." It has been four months. Neighbor could be off though? I dunno. MOO

Body Found In Trunk Of Car Believed To Be Missing Upstate Mother Destini Smothers, NYPD Says – CBS New York (cbslocal.com)
A neighbor told CBS2’s Andrea Grymes off camera it was there for about two months before they started contacting 311 last week to have it towed.

Also noting:

The family said the car that was towed Wednesday was his.

That was his car. That was the car he was driving. The car went missing. She went missing. So, it all leads and points to him,” cousin TF said. “I don’t understand how he did that. But he did it. And we found the car, the car is found now. She’s found and he’s still missing.”

Last edited:
Hold up. We're missing some big pieces of info. The BF told the family she jumped out and he expected her to come back soon. Then he goes off the grid (doesn't pick up phone calls etc). At some point, someone parks his car in that area with DS inside, two months pass before neighbors call for it to be towed?

The Wave (a local paper) posted that there was going to be a rally on November 18 outside KF's apartment. But I can't find any story covering that, if that happened. Even the paper's website doesn't have any articles about DS - just the two FB posts. extremely strange.

I just came across this story while looking for something else. It’s heartbreaking that it seems like Destini was there all that time and LE weren’t even looking.

Body Found In Trunk Of Car Believed To Be Missing Upstate Mother Destini Smothers, NYPD Says
Investigators say the car was abandoned. A neighbor told CBS2’s Andrea Grymes off camera it was there for about two months before they started contacting 311 last week to have it towed.

“People are now leaving their cars and going to the airport and going on trips and vacations, and they come back months later,” one neighbor said.

If I had to guess, he left the country....fwiw.

It begs the question of if there wasn’t a back and forth about which county(?) was supposed to be looking for her would she have been found sooner. IMO long gone speak to his mother some of these men are vehemently protected by their mothers

@SimplyCass the only people I saw outside his place were a group that wanted him to come out and talk about that night. Vid is on FB.

Destini’s mother has interesting FB posts.

Lefferts blvd is less than 20 mins from the bowling alley and c.o.d is to be determined but no obvious signs of trauma

If she jumped out of the car how’d she end up in the boot? Make it make sense. Find that man

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back