UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s self inflicted IMO.

When further questioned now, could he not possibly use the excuse “I can’t remember what happened now, due to my head injury”

Could be a ploy to buy time/avoid answering further questions?
I'm guessing it had more to do with the shame associated with his reputation and brought onto his family.

Hello Everyone,

I've just joined and this is my first post. But I found you guys when Libby Squire went missing and later I followed the whole trial as a lurker here, crying with you all when Relowicz was found guilty.

I have read (almost) every comment since Sarah went missing and have to say that there's some fantastic sleuthing being done by Websleuthers....and I do feel for the admin over the repeated rule breaks too.

I've had some recent thoughts that I'd like to share....
- My heart breaks for Sarah's family and friends. They don't even have confirmation that the remains are hers at this stage. I've read some victim blaming and that must be incredibly hurtful to the family. The victim is not in the wrong, they're not in the wrong place. It is the attacker that is wrong and in the wrong place.
- I don't know how Sarah got into the car, I've read all the theories, but I'm almost certain that she DID get into the car somehow, either willingly or not, but we may never know how it happened so it could be wasted energy to guess. But I can state that many people on here have said they could be encouraged into that car willingly by manipulation. I think I could be. Therefore Sarah COULD have got in willingly, we just don't know either way.
- People have stated that WC behaviour isn't especially clever or slick for someone who should have more knowledge from his job. It has occurred to me that maybe he has done this before and over time gets more brazen, more confident that he will get away with things, and that leads to making mistakes. Maybe the hire car thing (suggestions of false plates etc) has been a way of getting away with his crimes in the past, so he had confidence in it. I believe that Pawel Relowicz (who murdered Libby) thought he could get away with murder because he made mistakes due to his own belief that he was above the law.
- From what I have read I have concluded (rightly or wrongly) that WC appears to be friendly, sociable, a regular 'guy nextdoor' in comments made by his neighbours (chatty couple, talk to neighbours, the person people go to with motorbike troubles etc). He is reported to have been considering leaving his current role (according to the press), but he can hold down a job for a considerable time (at family garage, presumably dealing with people). These personality traits neither confirm nor contradict him having a mental illness or personality disorder etc. It's important to remember that psychopaths can have families, friends, be well respected in their communities etc. There are many domestic abusers that appear as good guys. I know a lady who suffered horrific abuse at the hands of a police officer.
- I am very much holding judgement on WCs wife. It is easy to judge what we would have done, but we don't yet have the context, such as the dynamic of the relationship, or even what she has specifically arrested for. Noone has claimed at this stage she is directly involved in the murder itself or even knew there was an (assumed) murder.
- Cressida Dick's statement yesterday said things were moving quickly. I believe they had appealed for CCTV, camera footage etc, so possibly they didn't get to view the bus footage until the day before yesterday, when they swooped on WC.

JMO IMO.....my guess is as good as yours.

I really enjoyed reading your first post, thank you for taking the time to put your thoughts down, and welcome

Just my opinion but I wonder if WC had been accused of some sexual deviance/assault and his employer was aware and looking into it. Maybe it had happened previously, or some similar complaints were coming in. They seemed to move very quickly once his car was linked to the scene. I though Cressida Dick was white with fury last night.

If so, I would hope that he would be suspended for that in order for an investigation to place. But it seems he was on duty that evening.

The rules here allow us to discuss facts as released by LE and MSM reports. These usually enable us to discuss the known facts of the case at any given time without going off on tangents related to gossip and rumor. We do not victim blame. We can theorize on facts and discuss our opinions. If you want to talk about just any rumor that flies to the surface perhaps WS is too limiting for you. Most here are happy to have intelligent discussions, often opposing, that are fact based. Think of it as putting a puzzle together with the pieces you have. Once we have all the pieces, we can complete the puzzle. MOO

Great explanation. And I want to go further. This is a forum to discuss our opinions. To think about facts that have been released, discuss cases, and support victims. No one is actually solving cases by copying rumors from social media. I promise you the police are not reading here for ideas about how to investigate their cases that they'll miss if a poster is not permitted to repeat rumors.

What new posters may not understand is Websleuths is a very long-running and "highly trusted" website in terms of search indexing. That means when someone searches a name or phrase, the Websleuths thread will often come up top of the results for Google. This is great for lesser-known cases where we are adding to the body of information about cold cases and helping identify unidentified persons. But it's not great if we discuss a rumor about a victim or family member and now anyone searching for that innocent person's name sees your rude comment or rumor. You are just permanently impacting someone's life without any proof or evidence. Please understand these rules have a purpose.

I'm not 100 percent sure but given the circumstances I do believe a family member can contact the website on her behalf and ask for the account to be removed. Surely the website would comply given how much sensitive info is on there about herself and family. There is also the possibility she may have been released. Guess we will find out shortly.

Yes, time will tell. Although you might be right about Facebook doing so if a family member has asked them too. Wasn’t sure they’d agree to that without speaking with the account owner - which obviously they can’t do.

There was a case recently where an Irish lorry driver was accused of knowingly transporting Vietnamese immigrants who tragically died. And his Facebook page was public for months following his arrest - with thousands of comments posted.

I'm not 100 percent sure but given the circumstances I do believe a family member can contact the website on her behalf and ask for the account to be removed. Surely the website would comply given how much sensitive info is on there about herself and family. There is also the possibility she may have been released. Guess we will find out shortly.
I'm very surprised her lawyer hasn't arranged for this to be done.

Gosh ! just when you think this case cannot get more bizarre we hear of the suspect having a head injury taken to hospital and back in custody ! what the heck happened there? Sarah Everard: Met officer held over missing woman taken to hospital

the IPCC will be kept busy that's for sure!

If this was an attempt as self harm i hope they have him now on 24 hour watch !

Can anyone confirm the comments about an ambulance visiting WCs house between Sarah's disappearance and his arrest? I have seen it mentioned here but nothing in the press or on Twitter. Was it from one of the locals who physically saw it?

It's very possible they just aren't very social media-savvy or internet aware - generally speaking it looks as if the social media hygiene in these situations isn't great anyway, IMO her account should have been locked ASAP after her arrest partially for the family and partially for the investigation's benefit.

Coastal areas are quite busy on beaches, quite urban really. So lots of people drive their dogs for a peaceful walk away from parks. Rough woodland areas are quite popular with locals. If you wanted to just let your dog off for a run and sniff and woodland with no bother, these kind of locations like an ex-golf course are an option. People drive a lot in this area.

OK thanks, I'm not very familiar with the area but just looking on an OS map and it seems a bit of an odd choice to me to drive 30 miles from Deal, up the M20 to go walking on an old golf course. Hence I'm wondering about the connection to the Ashford area.

Ah yes of course. She could give her Facebook password to her lawyer who could then make arrangements to suspend the page. I guess it’s perhaps not a priority - or not the first thing you think of. Until the family get upset reading all the hate. Would she be allowed one phone call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500