UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone local to me reported a flasher not long ago. The police have told her they don't have the resources to investigate it (also Met police). I wonder if they'll start to find the resources after this?
Very similar attitude to what was seen in the Libby Squires case. Even when DNA was splattered all over doors and windows. One girl said police only came out because her parents worked in LE and made a fuss. So far two young women would still be alive if this crime were taken seriously enough to act immediately.

The max sentence is a disgrace as well.

https://twitter.com/Kent_Online/status/1370371677289390080/photo/1

EwSJr4DXEAAd7d9

Another thought about the London end of it JMO was sparked a post earlier in this thread

We've been overlooking the Tube.

If he needed to go to Charing Cross to check in weapon at armoury, it's only a few stops on the Northern Line to Clapham South station. Met police travel free on the Tube. Even if leaving shift from Westminster, it's short Tube ride.

It's quite common for those working in central London who want to avoid congestion charge and sky high parking fees to rent a driveway, and then do the last bit on public transport. If he had done that, it's a short walk from the Tube to Poynders Court, and you'd easily see someone crossing over from the Common and continuing along A205. He could have followed her from there? Seen her put her phone away and bundled her off the pavement into the darkness round the flats and in the direction of his car?

Also there are at least two takeaway places (one clearly open for socially distanced customers) between the Tube and the junction with south side and A205 which he would walk past frequently if that was his route. Obviously if The Sun report of it being the MaccyD are correct, they are irrelevant. But other accounts talk of more than one offence, or describe it as being in Clapham (which these are, but Brixton Hill isn't)

MOO
This is very likely. And much quicker timeline wise. He sees her earlier in the walk from Clapham South - gets his car from Poynders court and then gets her in the car at some point after that. Interesting.

I can't get my head around someone supposedly "normal" changing from normal to flasher to murderer in the space of a week. I don't think he has done this before. Maybe thought about it but maybe there has been some sort of "event" that triggered him to actually start committing offences.
This is what I'm wondering. It seems IMO like something that he's done in a panic.

I don't know what I'd prefer - that this is a random one-off they caught before he went on to do any more, or that he's the name that solves other crimes. Both feel horrible.

Last edited:
There is just something amiss here to me. I am pretty certain that WC committed the crime as I genuinely believe the police would not have 'thrown him to the lions' if they weren't sure he was involved. I could cite many cases where the police have closed ranks to protect their own (Ian Tomlinson for one). What doesn't sit right is that if this is WC's first kill, surely given all of his training, it wouldn't have been conducted in such a 'sloppy' way (abducting someone on a busy road which is covered in CCTV with many properties looking out on to the road).

However, if this is not his first murder, why has nothing been flagged sooner? We've seen reports now that he has had a lot of time off recently due to "erratic behaviour", so if there is an iota of doubt regarding the mental state of a person who is armed for their job of protecting high ranking officials, why was he not immediately stripped of this role and either suspended or relocated to a desk job?

Was his sloppy kill perhaps an attempt at double-bluffing, where if he were to be flagged as a POI he could point to the fact that if he were to commit an offence of this nature, it would be more 'professional'? I think that this scenario (not necessarily SE specifically but the intent to kill a woman at this time in this place in this way and a carefully thought-out aftermath of disposal, alibi etc) means either a very drawn-out and meticulous plan to kill someone, or a moment of rage, either brought on by some kind of sexual reason (thrill or misogyny) or potentially abuse of steroids (MOO based on his bulging muscles). Could the erratic behaviour previously mentioned also be a result of steroid abuse? I would assume not as presumably officers in WC's position would be subject to regular and detailed drug tests surely but correct me if I'm wrong in that assumption.

Another thing which confuses me in terms of the psychological escalation is the 'path' from IE to murder. JMO but there is a large leap from flashing to murder. Is a more logical path flashing-sexual assult-rape-murder? If so, I think this lends a lot of credence to the article previously posted regarding the rape on Clapham Common last July.

Apologies for the long musings and further apologies if I'm just paraphrasing or summarising what many others have already said. There are still many unanswered questions about the case, including how SE ended up in the car (was she tricked or forced or tricked then forced?) and the overall question as to why someone would do something like this at all.

I have been glued to these threads these last few days from Ireland. You are a great community. From the moment I saw a missing persons post I haven’t been able to stop thinking about Sarah. We all have a Sarah in our lives, a beautiful, smart and valued person and to think that someone could just decide to take them away isn’t comprehensible. I feel so heartbroken for all involved and utterly sick and despaired that monsters live among us. Rest in perfect peace beautiful Sarah x

Interesting thought. It's been bugging me about the set of plates that it was was quoted on a previous thread a member of the public had found on Rodenhurst Road, just round the corner from the Poynders Court flats. Not seen anything else about it but it does strike me as potentially very significant.

You really could be right about this!!! The car being towed away had tinted windows at the back seats but on Google Earth it did not have tinted windows, but is was the same car - The only difference is the tinted windows in the back. On earlier threads people assumed he had them tinted because he had worked in a garage earlier in life and would be familiar how to do this. You cant see the registration on Google earth because it's blurred out, so its impossible to check those they match, but if you're correct this would undoubtedly confirm a high level of premeditation.

Wonder what the delay in charging him is then if they have id'd Sarah??

Because JMO they will want to continue to question him. In English law, one a suspect is charged, they become the responsibility of the court's system not the police, and questioning must end. Obviously investigations don't finish, but the rules general forbid questioning

IANAL - but remember MSM news articles from when the rules changed for terrorism suspects. Someone else may be able to explain better!

Very sad indeed! RIP Sarah! :(

Regarding busses along that route.

There are only two bus routes on Poynders Road/Clarence Avenue unless empty bus stock runs this route. Give or take a couple of minutes, but due to COVID, busses are regularly trying to provide an even service. So semi-accurate I'd say. For such a busy part of London, that's a very low amount of busses.

355 Towards Mitcham (Northbound) at 21:15, 21:29 and 21:44
355 Towards Brixton (Southbound) at 21:10, 21:24 and 21:49
50 Towards Stockwell (Northbound) at 21:03, 21:21 and 21:40
50 Towards Fairfield Halls (Southbound) at 21:02, 21:21 and 21:41

Source - Timetables

IMO / I calculated 14-15 buses per hour if they are running at 100%. Interestingly DCI Goodwin at one of the press conferences said they had to seize CCTV so whether this meant TFL were slow on the uptake / urgency of this situation. I think it was pure coincidence that a bus was passing by at the same time capturing video evidence of him / her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member