UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. If he has committed major sex crimes before it was a completely different, much more methodical and careful pattern. That would be like Israel Keyes, who was exacting and rigorous for over a decade but then impulsively kidnapped a local woman from inside a coffee kiosk & then went on a bank robbery spree while in possession of her credit card.

But if this behavior is entirely new, and went from 0 to 60 on a week I'd say he's having some kind of major breakdown, decompensating. One other possibility, and there have been cases of this, is a massive change of character due to a brain tumor or head injury.

Or...as in the Libby Squires case. His 'flashing' and burglary (staring at the women when he knew they saw him) wasn't classed as a particularly serious crime by police but it did have signs that he was escalating, being dominant and wanting to cause women distress. That's a big red flag IMO in terms of what someone 'wants' to do in the future. At some point the rush the person gets from intimidating a woman by flashing isn't enough and they know they want to rape to get a 'better' rush. Killing the person comes after the rape because they realise they have to do something to escape responsibility and carry on their sick fantasies. I doubt he panicked and 'went too far' as another poster theorised, he will have known the likely outcome for his victim was death and that's the price he thought it was OK for her to pay for him to get his kicks. That's why it will be a murder charge. JMO.

"Two officers called to the alleged flashing are at the centre of the Independent Office for Police Conduct probe."

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'reported for flashing in takeaway' days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

"A source today told The Standard: "It’s definitely not that police did nothing about the indecent exposure or that they turned a blind eye to a crime by a colleague. But the question will be whether the case was progressed quickly enough."

Cop suspect ‘exposed himself in MCDONALD'S twice' days before Sarah vanished

Some of this is being a bit sensationalized by the press IMO as if you read further down the Daily Mail article it says this

"Met Police confirmed it had referred itself to the IOPC in relation to the injuries suffered by the suspect, as well as the conduct of two officers relating its investigation into alleged indecent exposure."

So the Met are being open about anything they think needs an independent view IMO

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'reported for flashing in takeaway' days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

With the bus CCTV they will have had to go to the bus operator, in the case of the no.50 I believe this is Arriva, to request the CCTV footage, not TfL. I am not LE but I do work in a role in which I am sometimes required to ask for CCTV footage on behalf of fraud investigation/LE, (or for other details e.g.payment card details) from operators, so I have had this experience (not with Arriva but with several other bus/coach ops)

Do we have any idea yet what tipped the police off to search the woods in the first place, given that it's so far from where he lives?

I believe there is some MSN reports hat the vehicle was tracked to the rough area by traffic cameras and something else has obviously focussed it to the golf course.

As mentioned earlier - a lot of people lost loved parents and didn't go out and kill.

Pretty much everyone who lives a normal lifespan will lose both parents, in fact. The suggestion that grief could turn someone into a psychopathic killer is bizarre and, frankly, offensive. Are Sarah's loved ones at risk of becoming murderers now?

Alright I've found a much more definitive source on this. From Thomson Reuter Practical Law:

Can a suspect be interviewed after charge?
Once a suspect has been charged with the offence under investigation, he should not be questioned further in relation to the offence, unless such questions are absolutely necessary in order to:

• Prevent or minimise harm or loss to some other person or to the public.
  • Clarify an ambiguity in a previous answer or statement.
  • Provide the suspect with an opportunity to comment on information concerning the offence which has since come to light where it is in the interests of justice to do so.
(Paragraph 16.5, PACE Code C (Revised))
If a suspect is to be interviewed again he should be cautioned again. He should also be reminded that he has a right to seek legal advice.
Yes, of course there can be circumstances arising which mean the police need to speak to the suspect again.
But that's not what I was talking about, which was why they often wait the maximum time before charging.
The point was that they cannot continue to question the suspect once they have been charged.

Reports now saying his behaviour was erratic has previously said he was known for being level headed and calm. How do we know he didn’t begin the erratic behaviour after going to work with this being front page news and everyone in London taking about it.

Pretty much everyone who lives a normal lifespan will lose both parents, in fact. The suggestion that grief could turn someone into a psychopathic killer is bizarre and, frankly, offensive. Are Sarah's loved ones at risk of becoming murderers now?

It makes it more unusual though because of the level of vetting i.e. DV he'd need for his job. He was either hiding it very well a few years ago or he was not showing any red flags in internet history etc which is reviewed as part of DV.

Do we have any idea yet what tipped the police off to search the woods in the first place, given that it's so far from where he lives?

Suppositions have been - initially that the woman held in custody may have given information, and then later supposition that Police may have tracked his phone. Also MOO

Reports now saying his behaviour was erratic has previously said he was known for being level headed and calm. How do we know he didn’t begin the erratic behaviour after going to work with this being front page news and everyone in London taking about it.
Well, that could have been a circumstancial trigger for some things. But he has the capacity to do all these things already and probably did.

No formal idea (ie insider leaks to MSM) as far as I recall, but could be vehicle or sat nav data, ANPR, his own phone’s location data, or possibly clues gleaned from questioning him, just to name a few. I think there was some speculation that SM showed pictures of him there recreationally but I am not sure if that was ever verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph