Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of this stuff seems damning of the Met police / but I think you have to try and look at this without letting hindsight cloud your judgment.

They endured huge cuts in recent years, and it’s just not possible for them to attend to every reported incident. I would feel bad if those two officers are made scapegoats because they wouldn’t be behaving unusually, imo.

Hopefully one good thing that comes from this terrible situation is that IE may be recognised as a gateway crime and bumped up the list of priorities.

Totally agree with you. Hopefully the outcome of all the findings will be that more funding is needed to investigate crimes of this nature. There needs to be more of a deterrent because I believe that's why many perps escalate, they usually go unnoticed for lesser ( not for the victim) crimes and become more confident yo escalate. Jmo

There was another media report linked earlier about a similar previous attack on a woman at Clapham Common that was supposed to be referred to the Met. Perhaps that is what was being referred to by mentioning Clapham Common? JMO

Can you remember which report (appreciate there are lots!) as I'm local to the Common and would be very interested in following this aspect
Thank you

Last edited:
Aren't they required to follow up on every complaint that is called in?
Yep- but this is what you get

ETA: The met clearly are massively underfunded and can’t be blamed for not following everything up, but I do also think there are huge systemic problems with the way they treat sexual crimes.

Attachments

• 70051468-36C2-4A93-B664-1F735D3B2044.jpeg
    70051468-36C2-4A93-B664-1F735D3B2044.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
underfunded or not the evidence they had against him for the flashing meant it would have been a quick one to solve and it's about time they prioritized sexual offences , any sexual offence and stop discriminating against women. IMO the head of the Met will be resigning over this when it all comes out . JMO !

underfunded or not the evidence they had against him for the flashing meant it would have been a quick one to solve and it's about time they prioritized sexual offences , any sexual offence and stop discriminating against women. IMO the head of the Met will be resigning over this when it all comes out . JMO !

If you take 800,000 crimes reported a year and say you want 1 single officer to look at it for just one hour that is 22,000 people required full time doing nothing else. If you want 1 work day spent, you need 180,000 roughly. That's just investigating. Met has 33,000 officers across everything at present.

That assumes that they have someone sitting ready and waiting to check the registration number the minute the report comes in and someone else to track him down straight away and resources to deal with him immediately after that.

I'm have no knowledge of the workings of the Met but that seems an unrealistic expectation. What would you downgrade to move indecent exposure up the rank? There's no simple solution or quick fix here

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member