Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of this stuff seems damning of the Met police / but I think you have to try and look at this without letting hindsight cloud your judgment.

They endured huge cuts in recent years, and it’s just not possible for them to attend to every reported incident. I would feel bad if those two officers are made scapegoats because they wouldn’t be behaving unusually, imo.

Hopefully one good thing that comes from this terrible situation is that IE may be recognised as a gateway crime and bumped up the list of priorities.

I have huge sympathy with the police as they are massively understaffed and underfunded - but there is no way this is not going to be a big deal that they failed to follow up a report that may have prevented a murder (possibly multiple murders judging by the police presence). It will be especially damning in the aftermath of the Libby case.

In defense of the police, they are massively understaffed and underfunded.

I think there's probably a multitude of cases of indecent exposure and most of them probably don't lead to murder.

The police unfortunately just don't have the manpower to follow up every single misdemeanor.

Nobody could have predicted that he was capable of something like that.

In an ideal world police would be able to follow up everything, but it's just not possible with all the cuts to policing.

You're a quicker typer than me but funny that we were posting almost word for word the same thing at the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't censured for that bit of the whole case.

Which footage?

A bit more of the quote says this

"Her kidnapper is said to have bundled Sarah into a hire car out of view of cameras.

Police got a breakthrough after camera footage from a passing bus showed the car."

I think it has been said earlier that the bus cctv footage will not have been released. Maybe Ms MiniSleuth is referring to the clip on here earlier about whether or not someone's head was out of a rear car window? JMO

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14319865/police-number-plate-wayne-couzens-mcdonalds-sarah-everard/

Probably not the best map but you can see the Great Chart Golf course is only a couple of miles (around 3?) off the M20. If he was driving on that route to get home it it's entirely logical for the police to search somewhere like that. They will have search experts that look at the terrain and decide what spots close to a route should be searched based on experience of other cases. They don't have to have a CCTV trail or footage of him going to that exact spot.

Another speculative theory is that he got to that spot and called his wife to come and meet him or bring him something and they knew about that somehow. That would explain why she was arrested.

40303812-0-On_Wednesday_the_investigation_moved_to_Deal_when_Metropolitan_P-a-117_1615454937408.jpg

In defense of the police, they are massively understaffed and underfunded.

I think there's probably a multitude of cases of indecent exposure and most of them probably don't lead to murder.

The police unfortunately just don't have the manpower to follow up every single misdemeanor.

Nobody could have predicted that he was capable of something like that.

In an ideal world police would be able to follow up everything, but it's just not possible with all the cuts to policing.
Aren't they required to follow up on every complaint that is called in?

I have no idea how many crimes are reported to the Met everyday but I'm going to guess many, many more than they have the manpower to follow up on the day and they have to prioritise. To be fair to them there is no way they could possibly have known that a random penis exposer would 3 days later become a killer. Imagine the outcry if they didn't investigate based on some kind of priority system. They can't win either way IMO unless they have a huge increase in numbers they have to cocentrate on the more serious reports in the knowledge that sometimes they'll get it wrong with perfect hindsight

IMO JMO

1,673,307 crimes reported in the past 2 years. It is very easy for us to throw stones at them, the reality is they have to prioritise resources.

Source: Crime data dashboard | The Met

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4

This footage is the cctv which was reported to LE, did anyone else attempt to follow the cctv to see if the car was spotted on any further cctv.

sorry if these has previously been discussed attempting to catch up!

I did some digging yesterday and the only car I could find on the proposed route out of london was the one in my post :

UK - UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo