Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes agree.... they have released the hourly rates for persons working on the case - Principal Liquidator is on $595/hr

Initially a fee of $70,000 was locked in by the court for the liquidators, but I am thinking this may have only covered the initial phase... not ongoing costs.....
Draft Originating Process (fedcourt.gov.au)
That is correct. When they get the gig to be permanent Receivers, the fee , naturally, goes up. Stratospherically.

What about that necklace, sleeping away the hours at Canturi Jewels?.. the story is, it's paid for, merely waiting to be collected. Since she bought herself that great load of stuff around her wearing the T-shirt, it's reasonable to assume she also paid , herself, for this one, also. A gift to herself, perhaps for her big bash 50th at Hamilton Island. ..

But eerily, oddly, since she stole peoples hard earned to snaffle all sorts of gorgeous jewelry to enhance the Dior, she didn't collect this piece. Paid for.
The receivers need to organize a refund for this..... as once the necklace is picked up it will never fetch that price again any time soon....
However, this the Refund Policy....

Refund policy

Our pieces are especially made for you.

Cancellation
Cancellation of a sale must be made within 12 hours of the order.

Returns
Returns for goods that are not engraved or custom made can be returned within 7 days of receiving the item. A credit note to the value of the order will be provided to goods that are returned in original condition, with original packaging and documents. Shipping charges apply.

All engraved and custom pieces are final with no returns or credit note available.

Refund policy – Canturi

I want to make a list of all the oddities in this case.

1) The one and only family request for help from the public (IMO AG felt devastated by the fact his sister had been missing for more than a day before anyone was told. IMO AK was accustomed to MC running her own life and might have been told off if he inquired about her movements; IMO MC had all the power and he gave her lots and lots of space)
2) Insp. Atkins 60 Minutes assertion “We just need to find Melissa.” (IMO MC was a gone girl and they knew it)
3) Isogenix, why? (IMO multilevel marketing products frequently work their way into a scammer’s bag of tricks, because they can be a way to meet up with a lot of potential victims at a conference. And they can network with people of a similar mindset to theirs. And there are money-laundering possibilities)
4) No CCTV capture of MC the night/morning she disappeared. This has me stumped.
5) The foot on the beach so far from her home. A beach she might have known from childhood camps. (IMO she made her way there on purpose, by ways unknown to me, and sat on the beach, realized she had only one card left to play. She was a ruthless person, and ruthlessness turned on itself can result in a suicide calculated to cause the most pain and trouble MOO)
My condolences to her family, and all the fraud victims.

1) The one and only family request for help from the public (IMO AG felt devastated by the fact his sister had been missing for more than a day before anyone was told. IMO AK was accustomed to MC running her own life and might have been told off if he inquired about her movements; IMO MC had all the power and he gave her lots and lots of space)
2) Insp. Atkins 60 Minutes assertion “We just need to find Melissa.” (IMO MC was a gone girl and they knew it)
3) Isogenix, why? (IMO multilevel marketing products frequently work their way into a scammer’s bag of tricks, because they can be a way to meet up with a lot of potential victims at a conference. And they can network with people of a similar mindset to theirs. And there are money-laundering possibilities)
4) No CCTV capture of MC the night/morning she disappeared. This has me stumped.
5) The foot on the beach so far from her home. A beach she might have known from childhood camps. (IMO she made her way there on purpose, by ways unknown to me, and sat on the beach, realized she had only one card left to play. She was a ruthless person, and ruthlessness turned on itself can result in a suicide calculated to cause the most pain and trouble MOO)
My condolences to her family, and all the fraud victims.
Some other oddities to add are:
Where were the passports kept?
ASIC didn't take them the day of the raid from the house, nor it seems from the NAB Safely Deposit Box, as they have the contents of that box as well.....
Initially in the ASIC Affidavit, Safety Deposit Boxes (plural) were mentioned... and there has been no further information on this either...

Why shred documents, and delete your social media in advance if MC's Plan B was to suicide?

And there are most likely more if we put our heads together...... things that just don't make sense....

This is the one BIG thing that I think has DI Atkins - as a police officer, and perhaps as a woman - so concerned about what happened to Melissa.
Yes agree SA ...
It would be interesting to know if the Police received any relevant dash cam footage after the plea???

Yes agree SA ...
It would be interesting to know if the Police received any relevant dash cam footage after the plea???

I am thinking probably not. Due to Mick Willing's statement that there is some way that Melissa could have got to the clifftops without being seen on CCTV.

I tend to think that might be some abstract way that Melissa likely wouldn't have taken.

No need to hide your suicide if your body is going to be found washed up in the bottom corner of Maroubra Beach before the Botany Bay headland (which Melissa wasn't).

I am still super interested in hearing about the cars movements (which is where dashcam might come into the picture). Where any of the cars went, and how long they were there.
Things that we are just not hearing about - and probably wont for quite some time, if ever.

I am still super interested in hearing about the cars movements (which is where dashcam might come into the picture). Where any of the cars went, and how long they were there.
Things that we are just not hearing about - and probably wont for quite some time, if ever.
Yes me too !!!!!
Perhaps via a Coroners Inquest???
And hopefully the media might follow this up???

4) No CCTV capture of MC the night/morning she disappeared. This has me stumped..

I looked around the streets like dover rd near her property on streetview towards to cliffs and spotted a couple of security cameras on houses. indeed as someone else stated on the forum, the cameras were pointing towards doors or yards not out on the street so she could easily not be captured if walking certain routes. of course im not privy to the investigation so have no idea the amount of footage that has been investigated. also in the dog park near her house right near the cliffs i couldnt see any cctv camera in the park ( obviously only seeing what pics r available on the net). anyone familiar with the area would have to shed some light on the actual extent of the cameras. id suspect there would be some black spots as its impossible to capture every square metre on camera.

I looked around the streets like dover rd near her property on streetview towards to cliffs and spotted a couple of security cameras on houses. indeed as someone else stated on the forum, the cameras were pointing towards doors or yards not out on the street so she could easily not be captured if walking certain routes. of course im not privy to the investigation so have no idea the amount of footage that has been investigated. also in the dog park near her house right near the cliffs i couldnt see any cctv camera in the park ( obviously only seeing what pics r available on the net). anyone familiar with the area would have to shed some light on the actual extent of the cameras. id suspect there would be some black spots as its impossible to capture every square metre on camera.

There was a member who popped in here early in the piece, who lives in that area (I believe they said), and who said that there is CCTV all along the clifftops there - strategically placed there on purpose.

There was a member who popped in here early in the piece, who lives in that area (I believe they said), and who said that there is CCTV all along the clifftops there - strategically placed there on purpose.
There are not only cameras... a whole contingent of volunteers, Good Samaritans, various individuals, a squadron of various church groups, drug related rescue missionaries, St Johns folks, Kings Cross Mission people all patrol the area 24/7.. you have to be lucky to have some privacy to do yourself in!..
One bloke has patrolled the area for nearly 30 years, day in , day out. These are people with conviction, to stop you, with as much conviction as anyone who wants to sail off those cliffs.

The other thing is.. I honestly doubt there is one house east of Darling Harbour, ( or west for 100 klms either ) that does not have security cameras.. Insurance policies in Sydney generally make these things non optional on your policy.

So no CCTV as reported by NSW Pol is either one of the most inexplicable concepts, or it is a complete furphy. There is no other viable alternative.

Last edited:
Thanks. I was trying to say it like this but you’ve explained it better than I did.

The only thing I’d add is that she also managed to fool the banks, ATO, her accountants & everyone else that accepted her fake income, statements, signatures and whatever other fraudulent documents she supplied. It wasn’t just investors, not by a long mile.
Do you really believe this woman acted alone and single-handedly, while raising a child and being a lover to a husband?
I mean, she seems like she was a powerhouse. I just can't understand how not one accountant or lawyer or financier etc didn't raise an eyebrow. I just think at least one other human being was aware of her scheme or parts of it, for whatever period of time.

And, if she DID orchestrate this entire thing and conduct it alone, then she is evil and I'm sorry but idgaf that she is gone.

I've encountered narcissists in my 30+ years that did things so absolutely disgusting that even my own mother failed to believe me when I told her about them.
These
I must say that I am very interested in why AK's father has inserted himself into this case. On the surface, it appears that he is protecting his and his company's reputation. Let's face it he has only met MC on four or five occasions and MC cut of ties with him and his family fairly early on. So is he also trying to protect his son as well? RK referred to him as "delusional".

At times, I feel sorry for AK and at other times, I have felt that AK might have had something to do with at least hiding MC or even causing her demise.

At other times, I wonder whether he has suffered from narcissistic emotional abuse.
My money's on AK being a nasty piece of work. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out he played a role in her disappearance/possible murder.

Now, it may be that he WAS a victim of narcissistic abuse (which btw is something so unforgivable in its soul crushing, insidious nature that I pity none who have victimised people in this way, whatever their misfortune) before the ASIC raid etc BUT that doesn't mean he didn't snap and reveal darker sides of his nature that had, until recently, had nothing to release them onto the world.

I saw one photo, just one, of AK that told me a lot. I have been known to read faces, usually getting no validation of my accuracy until AFTER someone suffers as a result of the person who I looked at and said, "no good."

I'll try find said photo to post for everyone.

There are not only cameras... a whole contingent of volunteers, Good Samaritans, various individuals, a squadron of various church groups, drug related rescue missionaries, St Johns folks, Kings Cross Mission people all patrol the area 24/7.. you have to be lucky to have some privacy to do yourself in!..
One bloke has patrolled the area for nearly 30 years, day in , day out. These are people with conviction, to stop you, with as much conviction as anyone who wants to sail off those cliffs.

The other thing is.. I honestly doubt there is one house east of Darling Harbour, ( or west for 100 klms either ) that does not have security cameras.. Insurance policies in Sydney generally make these things non optional on your policy.

So no CCTV as reported by NSW Pol is either one of the most inexplicable concepts, or it is a complete furphy. There is no other viable alternative.

Well with this sort of knowledge, I gave up the idea of MC jumping off those cliffs and committing suicide quite a while ago. I have since assumed MC left her house in a car - dead or alive - probably alive.

I have wondered if the timing of the start of all this for MC (it has been said, about 2013) coincided with her having to decide on schools for her son, providing him with a good education, expensive school fees, moving to this suburb close to the school, etc, etc, was a factor.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but does it coincide with her ex husband AC and herself going overseas, soon after which she meets AK on a cruise she took ALONE?

That is something to seriously think about, if I have the facts correct.

Yes! This is what I'm talking about Troops!

I don't care what anyone says, that Detective Atkins in suss and probably in someone's pocket. (Pull me up if necessary on things I say, I'm not well versed in legalities of sharing opinions..) I get an ice cold feeling from her, like she knows what happened and some of her mates in the force and/or associated parties and herself have no sympathy.

I DO have a dramatic element to my nature, but I pride myself on always looking at things from two sides/extremes and everything in between and when I say that I suspect corruption to somehow figure in this case I do so after objectively considering many facts.

I get the exact opposite vibe. I think that DI Atkins is the one who cares. I think that Asst Cmmr Mick Willing would like to see the matter over and done with, the sooner the better.

Last edited:
I haven't heard him talk yet. May I please have a link provided?

Interview on Sky News - on 28th Feb (video at top of this linked article)
NSW Police 'keeping an open mind' on Melissa Caddick investigation | Sky News Australia

(Just to add, I don't personally appreciate why he appeared on Sky News.
Sky News has been paralleled to Fox News in the US, which is often controversial, and confrontational ... a bit 'out there'.
So that chosen and singular TV show appearance puzzled me. It is not our most credible news source. imo)

Presser - on 25th Feb

Last edited:
Melissa Caddick shoe mystery stuns forensic experts
Top forensic pathologists debunk much of the speculation about the survival of Melissa Caddick’s shoe but remain as intrigued as everyone else about how it was found.

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Behind a paywall.

Paraphrased ...

Professor John Hilton and Professor Johan Duflou are the forensic pathologists sharing their views. Both have been forensic pathologists for a long time, have worked many autopsies, including Bali bombings and other notable cases.

Prof Hilton says it is possible to retrieve recognisable body parts after being in the ocean for a few months in the ocean. You don't see it often, but it can happen.
Ligaments are pretty tough and can hold the bones together, and the neoprene of the shoe would help.
He says what the shoe is made of will decide if barnacles will attach to the shoe or not.

Prof Duflou says with the entire foot in the shoe it can start to mummify or progress to skeletonised.
It is common to find the foot in the shoe, and the shoe can to detach from the rest of the body.

They both find it 'remarkable' that only the foot was found, nothing else.

Prof Hilton says with a ginormous coast and ocean, it is remarkable that the foot came bobbing along and washed up.
He wonders if Melissa died closer to where the foot was found, if something more sinister happened.

Prof Duflou agrees it is possible that Melissa was moved.
He is surprised that a foot would end up so far from Dover Heights, and he thinks it is not the worst idea for the police take a closer look for Melissa's body in the area where the foot was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann