Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up after a few hours away - seeing the artist sketch of him in court and seeing the obvious head wound, I sincerely hope that they are going to keep a better eye on him from now on (restraints if necessary) or I very much doubt this man is going to make it to trial. Not that I care in the slightest about him, but I want justice for Sarah and her loved ones.

You don’t just start exposing yourself in public in your late 40’s - this man has definitely been doing this for a while and probably would have continued to do so, but something went wrong this time. I’m not ruling out that he was intent on finding a woman to sexually assault (hire car premed), but I’m still keeping an open mind as to the fact that this was a flashing incident which escalated due to Sarah’s reaction.

I don't think he worked both shifts that day. It would be illegal. The police (and other industries) require an 11 hour gap between starting one shift and finishing another. It's called the Working Time Directive.
Thanks jenpil, that's why it's so confusing.

I recall the 2-8pm shift on the 3rd was reported as a 'relief shift'. So possibly, he was officially on leave when he finished at 7am on 3rd, but went back in for a 2-8 to cover

ETA link

Sarah Everard 'murder suspect' 'reported for flashing in takeaway' days before her disappearance | Daily Mail Online

On the night of her disappearance PC Couzens had just come off duty after a 2pm to 8pm relief shift at the US Embassy in Nine Elms, south-west London, about three miles from where she was last seen.

I know it seems very simplistic, but I think her phone just ran out of battery. I think it would have been really hard for him to get the phone off her and turn it off so quickly in the time he had.
Her phone running out of battery at the very moment she was attacked would be a huge coincidence. The attacker wouldn't have known that. Would he leave the area with the possibility of her phone being tracked?

I think I'm having a break from the forum for a while. The whole thing is so distressing and really getting to me and probably many of us.
Never mind the perpetrators mental health, make sure you all look after your own mental health and take a break from this when it gets too much. Look after yourself everybody and be kind.

It stated he worked 2pm till 8pm the day she disappeared. The police entered at his home at 8pm after he arrived home from work and then arrested him. Given it takes 2 hours for the commute from work to home he can't have worked till 8pm.

He worked 7pm (2nd) till 7am (3rd) then a relief shift 2pm till 8pm (3rd)
So he called in sick on the 5th due to stress, didn't go to work on the 6th or 7th, and returned on the 8th? (I think the 6th was the day of the email.)

Hello, first time poster here.

I’ve been following this case through this forum since the beginning and it’s incredible just how much information every has been able to find out and theories that have been suggested.
I have a few thoughts on the case that I thought I’d share!

Firstly, to me this seems like his first major offence but is unlikely to be his first overall offence (IE aside). Everything about it suggests an opportunistic attack IMO and perhaps wasn’t supposed to escalate to murder. Of course only he will know the truth. Sightings of the car, stopped with hazards on and a further sighting with both front doors open but no sign of a struggle seems to support the theory that he used his warrant card to get her into the vehicle. Perhaps then he revealed himself/attacked her before eventually murdering her. Cause of death hasn’t been released yet but I’d expect strangulation. If that is the case then this is the first point I’d say he wasn’t prepared for.
The car was then tracked by police exiting London and entering Kent. After finding it was a rental I’d imagine the police tracked the gps in the car to a series of locations, hence the rapid speed of locations being searched. Alongside GPS perhaps there was a phone call to his wife at some point or he visited the house and that is why she has been charged. I’d speculate that it is unlikely she is involved but charged her so they could ask her questions straight away in an attempt to find SE before she was killed. Choice of location for body, knowing it is visited regularly, using a traceable hire car and being caught on so much technology despite being a police officer makes me believe he acted in panic. Emails to his supervisor In the days after her disappearance saying he was stressed and that he no longer wanted to carry a fire arm and his injuries in police custody seems like a man on the edge. That sounds nothing like a calculated killer from my admittedly limited experience.
I’m sure his ego will want to say not guilty but with such a vast body of evidence being gathered against him I wouldn’t be surprised if he pleads guilty for less prison time. If he doesn’t kill him self beforehand.

I would take any MSM reports that state "It is claimed" or "A source says" with a big grain of salt. I'm a lot more inclined to trust the timeline and work patterns that have been disclosed from today's court appearance. I don't believe any statement from LE has claimed he was working either on the day of SE's disappearance or on the day he was arrested - so, again, I'm inclined to believe the timeline outlined today rather than unnamed sources from MSM.

Re: WC's calling in sick after the kidnap/murder - am I right in thinking it's been reported that he has had a lot of time off sick recently? With the theory that he may have committed other attacks, it would be interesting to see if any historical unsolved rapes/sexual assaults correlate with WC calling in sick either at the same time or shortly afterwards.... Not something we could know, of course, but hopefully something that LE are looking into.

Hi everyone - I’m a new poster but just thought I’d add observation on this issue which is that my mother and I are avid true crime fans and tend to follow these things obsessively, not ideal jurors for this type of offence, my father is highly educated and well informed about political, economic etc matters but is entirely uninterested in true crime. He would be ideal candidate in jury selection. There’s an enormous difference between “unintelligent” and “doesn’t follow this type of reporting in MSM.
Agreed. Unless you're specifically following a case you probably won't have spent lots of time discussing it abd by the time it comes to court the details will be old news. Trials are. Usually held away from where the crime is committed as well. It doesn't mean being unaware of general news it does mean not having already discussed it enough to have preconceptions

I can't get my head around the hire car. It has to suggest pre-meditated disguise.

The only reason I can think of for a family that owns two cars to have a hire car is if one has broken down and the other is absolutely necessary for the other persons commute/school run. Even with that in mind, as he works in central London, surely a train into town would be a better option than a hire car?

I hope this man makes it to trial. It’s a shocking crime and we don’t even have all the facts yet. Reading about how Sarah’s body was found in a builder’s bag is very disturbing. In my opinion he’s probably gone to great lengths to get rid of DNA evidence if they had to identify her by dental records. I keep thinking of that drive between London and Kent and hoping that she didn’t suffer for long.

So after the night of 3rd March he was at home on leave - time to do quite a lot. Arrested on Tuesday 9th March. Do we know if he was back at work on Monday 8th March?
This link states he was arrested after returning home from a shift on the Tuesday night

CCTV from bus 'led to murder arrest' of cop Wayne Couzens in Sarah Everard case

but after the timeline in the Irvine Times (which has caused a lot of confusion) I’m inclined to go with this one and think he didn’t actually return to work before his arrest..

What does everyone else think? is timeline of shifts in the Irvine Times today more likely to be correct than the numerous other MSM articles from the previous week? Don’t mean that to sound facetious but I think the Irvine times is from today’s court appearance so would be more likely to be correct?

Edit to add - this will be my last post on this or my head will explode :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member